WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2022 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official 2022 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Offered:

Eli King.....................6'3'' PG Caledonia, MN (Caledonia) Minnesota Comets AAU
    Tanner Te Slaa.........6'4" SF Hull, IA (Boyden Hull) South Dakota Attack AAU
    Josh Dix...................6'4" SG Council Bluffs, IA (Abraham Lincoln) OSA Crusaders
    Trey Campbell..........6'4'' PG Cedar Falls, IA (Cedar Falls) Martin Brothers AAU
    Robbie Avila.............6'8" PF Oak Forest, IL (Oak Forest) Meanstreets AAU

Committed:

Trey Campbell..........6'4'' PG Cedar Falls, IA (Cedar Falls) Martin Brothers AAU

Committed Elsewhere:

Eli King....................6'3" PG Caledonia, MN (Caledonia) Minnesota Comets AAU (Iowa State)
    Tanner Te Slaa.........6'4" SF Hull, IA (Boyden Hull) South Dakota Attack AAU (South Dakota State)
    Josh Dix...................6'4" SG Council Bluffs, IA (Abraham Lincoln) OSA Crusaders (Iowa)
    Robbie Avila.............6'8" PF Oak Forest, IL (Oak Forest) Meanstreets AAU (Indiana State)
    Last edited by PantherAlum09; 12-20-2021, 12:09 PM.

In today's DM Register, we have had an offer out to Josh Dix, 6'4" guard from Council Bluffs Lincoln, for some months. DMR rates him the No.2 in-state prospect behind Ames guard Tamin Lipsey. Dix has multiple mid-major offers and recent recruiting interest from Iowa State.

Comment

Originally posted by Panther AC View Post
      In today's DM Register, we have had an offer out to Josh Dix, 6'4" guard from Council Bluffs Lincoln, for some months. DMR rates him the No.2 in-state prospect behind Ames guard Tamin Lipsey. Dix has multiple mid-major offers and recent recruiting interest from Iowa State.
      I added him to the list. I saw it and forgot to add him earlier. It sounds like Creighton has been in touch with him as well.

Eli King is another that has some high major interest for football and basketball. I know Minnesota and Iowa have stayed in contact.
      Last edited by PantherAlum09; 07-21-2021, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Panther AC View Post
        It sounds like Dix is really rising up the recruiting boards. I’ve seen some things that seem to indicate he’ll go beyond a mid major level recruit.

Comment

As I was looking up some of the statistics from our current commits, I decided to look and see how the current offers for 2022 were doing. They all are having solid years. Eli King has been out for the year with an injury and holds offers from Iowa State, Minnesota, Iowa, and Stanford in addition to us. So..... that appears pretty unlikely...
          Name PPG FG% EFG% 3PT% FT% RPG APG SPG BPG Turnovers PG
          Trey Campbell 15.0 56.1% 61.8% 42.9% 79.6% 4.2 5.1 2.6 0.4 1.4
          Josh Dix 19.5 54.2% 63.5% 38.3% 73.2% 7.2 4.2 2.5 1.2 1.1
          Tanner Te Slaa 21.3 54.3% 59.4% 38.5% 78.5% 7.2 4.0 1.9 0.2 2.9
          Last edited by PantherAlum09; 02-27-2021, 09:34 PM.

Comment

TeSlaa may have a connection with Derrick Netten, so that could be a positive for us.

Comment

I was watching some highlights of the kids we have offered so far, and man I really love Trey Campbell's game. He just seems like he's going to be a stat sheet filler. He's long and athletic. Great at picking pockets and a quality shooter. He kind of reminds me of Haliburton with his build, length and style of play. Obviously I'm not saying he's going to be a first round pick, but my worry is that he will earn some higher offers next year when he's the guy at Cedar Falls.

Comment

From Des Moines Register - Matthew Bain

"What's the latest with UNI recruiting the next few years for basketball?

As usual, Northern Iowa is looking like it will go heavy on in-state talent.

Of its four 2022 offers, four are Iowans: Council Bluffs Lincoln shooting guard Josh Dix, our No. 2 in-state prospect; Boyden-Hull point guard Tanner Te Slaa, our No. 3 prospect; and Cedar Falls point guard Trey Campbell, our No. 8 prospect.

Panthers head coach Ben Jacobson and his staff have their eyes on plenty more prospects in the state's 2022 class, including:
                • No. 4 Dallas Center-Grimes shooting guard Cole Glasgow
                • No. 5 Johnston guard Steven Kramer
                • No. 7 Dubuque Hempstead center Cameron Fens
                • No. 9 Ames wing Trevion LaBeaux
                • No. 10 North Polk guard Jevin Sullivan
                • No. 11 Okoboji guard Lucas Lorenzen
                • No. 12 Clear Lake point guard Carson Toebe
                • No. 14 Ballard guard/wing Ashton Hermann

For 2023, Cedar Falls stretch forward Dallas Bear is an early standout. He already holds a Bryant offer. If he winds up a mid-major-level recruit, UNI would be a logical favorite for the hometown product. Bear's got a shot to go high-major, though.

New London sophomore point guard Blaise Porter is opening eyes. Bryant has also offered him, and he averaged 22.4 points and 4.9 assists while shooting 52.5% overall and 41.1% from long range this season.

Some other in-state 2023 prospects UNI is already interested, or could be soon:
                • Waukee shooting guard Pryce Sandfort
                • Cedar Rapids Washington wing Traijan Sain
                • Indianola guard Drew Kingery
                • Cedar Rapids Kennedy point guard Kenzie Reed
                • New London wing Kade Benjamin
                • Des Moines Hoover wing Elijah Vos"

Comment

Two 2022 recruits from Johnston just had really nice games against Cedar Falls. Stephen Kramer, a 6’5 forward (see above) and Trey Lewis, a 5’10 guard. Lewis is really quick, and can bury shots from long range. If he was 3 or 4 inches taller, he’d be getting some MVC or Iowa level mentions.

Kramer looks pretty athletic, can shoot from outside, and is really good at driving past defenders and controlling his body in air to either hit a layup, draw a foul, or both. CF had a hard time guarding him. It will be interesting to see what kind of AAU season he has. I’ve read where he’s on UNI’s radar, and can see why. He’s a guy to keep an eye on from a UNI fan’s perspective.

Comment

Josh Dix just got his first high major offer from Wake Forest. I doubt it will be his last. Pretty safe bet he will go beyond our reach.

Comment

Eli King has committed to Iowa State. I have to say, these first couple months for T.J. Otzelberger have been pretty impressive. He is getting a really solid influx of talent to ISU. I do think Coach Green has had a big hand in that as well. I'm sure he was a factor in getting Eli as well as Gabe from the Gophers.

Comment

Imagine if we'd have had the money to make Kyle our bag man....
                        #MACtion

Comment

What's up with Bryant offering kids from Iowa?

Comment

Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
                            What's up with Bryant offering kids from Iowa?
                            Bryant offers like... everyone

EDIT: here's a link to verbalcommits. It's absurd the number of kids they offer...

https://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/bryant-university

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                              Imagine if we'd have had the money to make Kyle our bag man....
                              I don’t know about Kyle, but I’ve heard Otz has a reputation for playing a little loose with the rules, or looking the other way, etc. That’s rumor, so could just as easily be false.

Comment

Working...
                              X