WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2022 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PantherAlum09
    replied
    Just keeping an eye on the transfer portal and one popped up that I wonder if we would have an interest with. Caden Boser is transferring from Kansas City, but he is from Eau Claire, WI. He is 6'8" and can shoot from outside. I watched some highlight video from his senior year, and he was still moving like he was growing into his body. He does have some skill, though.

Leave a comment:

• CyCarp
    replied
    Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
    Bain just shared the 3!! schools that have contacted Locure. There are shall we say not great options lol
    I saw that earlier. App St, Jacksonville and Louisiana-Monroe. Did we offer him out of high school or when he transferred last year? I have a feeling he's not even on our radar after transferring twice in 2 years and that he played well for 8 games this year then mysteriously didn't playing again this year.

Leave a comment:

• DownGoesKansas
    replied
    Bain just shared the 3!! schools that have contacted Locure. There are shall we say not great options lol

Leave a comment:

• SteinPizza
    replied
    Originally posted by sivert View Post
    Haven’t read any article on it, but I think ISUs tournament success would lessen the chances AJ ends up there.
    Just read Bain’s article, and that sums it up. Also, it lists the schools that have contacted Carter, per Noah himself. Impressive list so far if it’s accurate. Who knows, but could be. I think he’ll have more demand than some of you think.

The article also mentions Tyreke Locure. Reading between the lines, it’s highly doubtful he’s offered by UNI or anyone else locally. Drake went after him in high school for a while, but not a mention of the Bulldogs in this. The gist of the article was his offers won’t be as plentiful as his talent. Sounds like some behind the scenes issues are at work here, and the article hints at that without going there. Interestingly, he almost ended up at Missouri State last year because he’s longtime friends with Isiah Mosely. Didn’t happen, and he’s looking again.

Leave a comment:

• DownGoesKansas
    replied
    Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
    Iowa State fans literally spent his first two years here talking about how he didn't have the skill set to play in the Big 12 and that he'd just be another guy at Iowa State and then at the slightest glimmer of hope that he'd transfer there he becomes this missing piece that puts them over the top to being able to challenge Baylor and Kansas.

Get bent on that.
    Yup, as a semi ISU fan. I would be super annoyed if he goes there. Largely for this reason.

Leave a comment:

• BCPanther
    replied
    Iowa State fans literally spent his first two years here talking about how he didn't have the skill set to play in the Big 12 and that he'd just be another guy at Iowa State and then at the slightest glimmer of hope that he'd transfer there he becomes this missing piece that puts them over the top to being able to challenge Baylor and Kansas.

Get bent on that.

Leave a comment:

• CyCarp
    replied

I have no inside info..

But the thing about ISU is that (ignoring his Dad) it makes zero sense to go there for AJ. Even factoring in his Dad it doesnt make a ton of sense when he could literally go anywhere. But can't discount the family factor.
    Plus that his family still lives in CF and his sister plays here. I understand playing with his dad, but in my opinion, the family aspect is a bit overplayed.

Leave a comment:

• Wxcpanther
    replied

Who hired his uncle this time? lol
    He got hired by The Citadel, I find it unlikely he transfers there lol

Leave a comment:

• DownGoesKansas
    replied
    Originally posted by clenz View Post

Sitting out is a thing of the past

Liam Roberts is on his third school in 3 years and sounds like he may be on his 4th school in 4 years next year for his covid year.
    Who hired his uncle this time? lol

Leave a comment:

• DownGoesKansas
    replied
    Bain usually has a pretty decent track record so, grain of salt, but the information makes me feel better.

I think it goes without saying but AJ leaving to make money feels a million times better than him ending up in Ames.
    I have no inside info..

But the thing about ISU is that (ignoring his Dad) it makes zero sense to go there for AJ. Even factoring in his Dad it doesnt make a ton of sense when he could literally go anywhere. But can't discount the family factor.

Leave a comment:

• UNIAlum95
    replied
    Agree. If he's leaving to go pro, I get it. Maybe Europe looks ok to someone his age but that's not a journey I'd want to be making right now. Maybe the development league in the NBA is really what he wants but I would think that it would be equally positive to stick around one more year, re-write every important basketball record with his name and work toward a masters to ready him for coaching someday...

Leave a comment:

• Wxcpanther
    replied
    Bain usually has a pretty decent track record so, grain of salt, but the information makes me feel better.

I think it goes without saying but AJ leaving to make money feels a million times better than him ending up in Ames.
    Understatement of the decade

Leave a comment:

• BCPanther
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CyCarp
    replied
    Originally posted by UNIAlum95 View Post
    I can't see the article but is it just to get clicks or is there something of substance to say why he's not going to Ames?
    It says (him being Carter):

On Twitter, I know there are "rumors" and chatter about him and AJ Green transferring to Iowa State, or even just Green ... but, based on everything I'm hearing behind the scenes, I would confidently say neither will wind up at Iowa State.

Leave a comment:

• UNIAlum95
    replied
    I can't see the article but is it just to get clicks or is there something of substance to say why he's not going to Ames?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X