WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2022 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UNIpanther99 View Post
    Hartzell & company found Clark McLeod. That always seemed out of the blue. But there has to be the next McLeod out there somewhere.

In all honesty, find the the most vain rich Republican you can get, offer to put their name on the project, and then pitch for state legislative support for the project. It's slimy, but that's how you get things done.
    It certainly doesn’t have to be a Republican. Nationally, the days of conservative fat cat businessmen died with Lee Iaccocca’s generation. And, there’s nothing slimy about what you describe. If someone wants to privately fund a public building, so be it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post

It certainly doesn’t have to be a Republican. Nationally, the days of conservative fat cat businessmen died with Lee Iaccocca’s generation. And, there’s nothing slimy about what you describe. If someone wants to privately fund a public building, so be it.
      Well, it's slimy because he mentioned Clark McLeod.

Comment

• What about Russ Wassendorf?

*Ducks*
        #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIpanther99 View Post

We've heard the teacher excuse for years --- and I've even used it myself. But who are the mega-wealthy Sycamores?
          Larry Bird?

Comment

• Did UNI have to give back the money that Wassendorf had given to the university.

Comment

• Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
              Did UNI have to give back the money that Wassendorf had given to the university.
              There was talk of it after he was charged. He had pledged $2 million to the AD and $100k to UNI. At the time, the AD did not disclose how much of the pledge had been collected by them, according to this Gazette story:

https://www.thegazette.com/news/hosp...rom-peregrine/

I cannot find anything after that.
              "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

• Originally posted by orangetennis View Post

Larry Bird?
                Kurt Warner?

I could be wrong, but I don't think either has opened the checkbook very wide for their schools.

The point was neither school offers professional degrees that create a large alumni base of wealthy professionals (doctors, lawyers, dentists, vets, etc.). Yet Indiana State was able to get it done.

Comment

• I'm pretty sure Larry Bird wen the same way Warner did and endowed a scholarship. Big chunk but not earth shattering.

The problem is that EVERY other school is getting it done in our league (other than Valpo and Western) and that gap is going to start to be a bigger problem than it already is.

#MACtion

Comment

• Didn’t see an exact stat line but sounds like Fens had a solid night against IC West. I don’t care where he’s from, he seems consistent and he’s tall. We need more of the first and you can’t teach the second.

Comment

• Trey dropped 30 against IC West today. I think we’re going to be pleased.

Comment

• Originally posted by edgecat View Post
                        Trey dropped 30 against IC West today. I think we’re going to be pleased.
                        The dude has stepped up his game this year. He has been great.

Comment

• I updated Trey's stats and put them below. He is having a really special year as the go-to guy in Cedar Falls. He's filling up the stat sheet and scoring, but he's also scoring efficiently. Those shooting percentages are top notch. Like edgecat said above, I think we are getting a very talented guy.
                          Name PPG FG% EFG% 3PT% FT% RPG APG SPG BPG
                          Trey Campbell 26.0 59.6% 65.6% 43.6% 84.5% 5.6 3.7 2.6 0.4

Comment

• I've also updated Cameron Fens's stats below, since there's interest. He's improved his numbers a bit from earlier in the year. He's scoring a little more and shooting better from the free throw line. He's averaging a double double and has some nice skills.
                            Name PPG FG% EFG% 3P% FT% RPG APG BPG SPG
                            Cameron Fens 19.3 63.7% 64.1% 20.0% 64.2% 10.7 1.1 2.3 0.4

Comment

• Not specific to UNI (anymore) but Josh Dix had a really bad leg injury tonight. Hope the best for the kid and his future. Never want to see that for any high schooler.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mill1634 View Post
                                Not specific to UNI (anymore) but Josh Dix had a really bad leg injury tonight. Hope the best for the kid and his future. Never want to see that for any high schooler.
                                Yeah. Just horrible. Multiple open fractures of the tib/fib. He'll be lucky to be starting non-contact stuff a year from now. You just hate it for the kid.
                                #MACtion

Comment

Working...
                                X