WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

  • You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2022 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • According to the DMR, they were up 52-33 over LeMars with less than 2 minutes to play. He was down on the floor surrounded by trainers and paramedics for over 10 minutes before being able to be moved. Really sucks for the kid and his family, but hopefully he recovers.

    I’ll bet there’s a lot of second guessing as to why he was still on the floor at that point in the game.

    Comment


    • Sad. Sounds like the Gordon Hayward injury of a few years back. He came back a year later but wasn't really back for another year. A long time likely lost for a promising player.

      Comment


      • I'm not sure if this one comment is a guy in the know or wishful thinking, but it seems a little optimistic to me...

        https://twitter.com/kmelchert91/stat...3y1fnoY-w&s=19

        It’s actually faster due to medical advances. He’s undergoing an Open Reduction Internal Fixation, which significantly reduces the length of time he’ll be casted. It’s realistic he’ll be doing individual drills when he reports this summer.
        To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

        Comment


        • Fens picked up his first D1 offer from Western Illinois yesterday

          Comment


          • Trey's numbers continue to be incredibly impressive. I'm very excited to see him coming to UNI next year.
            Name PPG FG% EFG% 3PT% FT% RPG APG SPG BPG
            Trey Campbell 25.8 61.3% 67.3% 44.4% 84.1% 5.4 3.7 2.3 0.5

            Comment


            • Cameron Fens continues to put up solid numbers. I do think he would be a good big to have. I really think at this point you just collect as much talent as you can. I do think you always have to have the transfer portal in the back of your mind. What if Noah leaves? Henry wants more playing time somewhere? You just don't really know what these guys are going to do year to year anymore, so get as much talent as you can. If they think that's Fens then I guess we just trust them.
              Name PPG FG% EFG% 3P% FT% RPG APG BPG SPG
              Cameron Fens 18.6 63.5% 64.1% 28.6% 63.6% 10.8 1.5 2.0 0.5

              Comment


              • Originally posted by PantherAlum09 View Post
                Cameron Fens continues to put up solid numbers. I do think he would be a good big to have. I really think at this point you just collect as much talent as you can. I do think you always have to have the transfer portal in the back of your mind. What if Noah leaves? Henry wants more playing time somewhere? You just don't really know what these guys are going to do year to year anymore, so get as much talent as you can. If they think that's Fens then I guess we just trust them.
                Name PPG FG% EFG% 3P% FT% RPG APG BPG SPG
                Cameron Fens 18.6 63.5% 64.1% 28.6% 63.6% 10.8 1.5 2.0 0.5
                I'm not really worried about Noah leaving. From what I heard about his appearance in the portal last year, it was... I guess maybe I'd call it a misunderstanding or miscommunication. There's a reason he went in the portal in Friday and was out on Monday. I've heard others speculate that it had to do with a Jake entertaining the Minnesota job, but I don't believe that's true, and it was after Minnesota hired Johnson. The only thing I'm worried about for next year is Phyfe. I think a lot of people thought he'd use his extra year, but with his long COVID, I wonder how that effects him. If he's not back where he needs to be physically, I'd be surprised to see him back next year.
                To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

                Comment


                • I’m on board with Fens but question if he would come. Rumblings he might be a hardcore Hawk fan and would walkon before midmajor scholarship

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by edgecat View Post
                    I’m on board with Fens but question if he would come. Rumblings he might be a hardcore Hawk fan and would walkon before midmajor scholarship
                    Welcome to recruiting Dubuque, hardcore Hawk territory. Can’t not try in fear they’ll go elsewhere. I said the same about Carter. Funny how sometimes it just works out.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by FOTY View Post

                      Welcome to recruiting Dubuque, hardcore Hawk territory. Can’t not try in fear they’ll go elsewhere. I said the same about Carter. Funny how sometimes it just works out.
                      Duax is the rare one from there that commited and didn't end up with a wandering eye...
                      #MACtion

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

                        Duax is the rare one from there that commited and didn't end up with a wandering eye...
                        I could be wrong, but believe Duax parents are both a UNI grads. I wouldn't be surprised if he grew up a UNI fan. It is be Hawkeye territory, but it is kinda overblown imo. There are a lot of UNI grads around here. Haldeman played at West Dubuque and grew up going to Panther camp. I believe his mom golfed at UNI. What Dubuque area kids have even played at Iowa? I'm sure I'm forgetting somebody, but Pemsl and Eric May are the only two I can remember, and May has to be close to a decade ago.
                        To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

                        Comment


                        • McDonnell
                          Haldeman
                          Carter
                          Duax

                          I know Peosta isn’t Dubuque but we’ve done alright in Dubuque County recently.

                          Comment


                          • I gotta wonder if the recent string of Dubuque players to come to UNI influences that at all. If there's a couple of your alma mater at one college, it might not matter for the average student, but maybe to the basketball players it does. Idk, food for thought.

                            Comment


                            • P.J. Hogan is from Dubuque as well. Probably helps a bit.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Neighbor View Post
                                P.J. Hogan is from Dubuque as well. Probably helps a bit.
                                Hogan played high school ball with the current Hempstead coach too, I believe they're good friends. It certainly doesn't hurt.
                                To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X