WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2022 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wxcpanther View Post

That was my thought as well. I get everyone thinks he's gone, he might be, but the one thing I can say confidently is he isn't transferring. AJ comes back then all the PG minutes are eaten up, and a rotation of AJ, Kimmons, Born, Carter, Heise, Phyfe (I believe he comes back), Tytan, and Duax is arguably the favorites to win the league (Murray State might have something to say about that)
    Honest question concerning AJ: why can you say "confidently" he isn't transferring?

Comment

• Originally posted by Panther AC View Post

Honest question concerning AJ: why can you say "confidently" he isn't transferring?
      AJ has literally been a UNI fan his entire life. I was around and going to basketball camps with him when we were both kids. I just can't imagine a scenario where he leaves to go to another school.

Comment

• At this point, he can and should do what is in his best interest, life-long fandom aside. His place in Panther history is secure, and he will always be welcome back as a valued member of the UNI family, whatever he decides to do next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIpanther99 View Post
          At this point, he can and should do what is in his best interest, life-long fandom aside. His place in Panther history is secure, and he will always be welcome back as a valued member of the UNI family, whatever he decides to do next year.
          Exactly. He's going to end up with numbers in the Tuttle/Jacobson/Daisy range while playing in 40 less career games plus, maybe, two regular season titles. I'm not sure what more he could have done compared to expectations.

Not his fault that the 2020 postseason was wiped out and that he got injured.
          #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

Exactly. He's going to end up with numbers in the Tuttle/Jacobson/Daisy range while playing in 40 less career games plus, maybe, two regular season titles. I'm not sure what more he could have done compared to expectations.

Not his fault that the 2020 postseason was wiped out and that he got injured.
            I think I can expect to hear MudraFan's head exploding all the way from Northwest Colorado once he reads this.

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIChippewa View Post

I think I can expect to hear MudraFan's head exploding all the way from Northwest Colorado once he reads this.
              But he doesn't play the position that Mudra arbitrarily thinks he should (in a system that really doesn't have positions)!!!!!

Speaking of, he and r&b have been oddly quiet lately. Just a coincidence I'm sure, busy time of year.

Side note: If he comes back, next year has a real chance to be on par with the Sweet 16/Tuttle teams even though the league is going to be an absolute bear next year.
              #MACtion

Comment

But he doesn't play the position that Mudra arbitrarily thinks he should (in a system that really doesn't have positions)!!!!!

Speaking of, he and r&b have been oddly quiet lately. Just a coincidence I'm sure, busy time of year.

Side note: If he comes back, next year has a real chance to be on par with the Sweet 16/Tuttle teams even though the league is going to be an absolute bear next year.
                Returning Green and Phyfe puts us in contention, but I think about 3rd place. That's ok. Three seeds win quite a lot at Arch Madness. So, we could still dance. If neither return I'd say we're 5th place. That's still not bad in a rebuild season along with the new adds.
                Last edited by BrockLesnar; 02-10-2022, 05:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrockLesnar View Post

Returning Green and Phyfe puts us in contention, but I think about 3rd place. That's ok. Three seeds win quite a lot at Arch Madness. So, we could still dance. If neither return I'd say we're 5th place. That's still not bad in a rebuild season along with the new adds.
                  Honestly if teams do their jobs in noncon, which we all know is never a sure thing for the MVC, 3 or 4 bids next year with us, Murray, Belmont, and Bradley is absolutely within reach. The conference does have a tendency to make a big splash after a team leaves...

Comment

• Originally posted by Wxcpanther View Post

Honestly if teams do their jobs in noncon, which we all know is never a sure thing for the MVC, 3 or 4 bids next year with us, Murray, Belmont, and Bradley is absolutely within reach. The conference does have a tendency to make a big splash after a team leaves...
                    I think we'll become a 2 bid league with occasional seasons of 3 bids. We will certainly improve our status as a conference. I did see a post that concluded AJ and Austin return due to Campbell being the only recruit next season.
                    Last edited by BrockLesnar; 02-10-2022, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Well, we really should give Mudra the benefit of the doubt; after all, he has actually written that he knows more about basketball than Ben Jacobson.

And I'm not making that up; he actually did write that, or at least he wrote something close enough to it as to mean the same thing.

That level of arrogance along with his rather obvious anger management issues and general unlikability are why he's on my ignore list, but I'll still make fun of and mock him every single chance I get.

Comment

I agree, but I'm hoping we don't start out with as brutal of a nonconference. Trae and Ty has been a MASSIVE reason why we've gotten this thing turned around. There's definitely going to be an adaption period after they leave, no matter how talented the guys behind them are.

Comment

• Only games on the books for next year are Bonaventure here, Richmond there and the Hall of Fame Classic in Kansas City which should have a very strong field.

Last 5 fields (pre-pandemic)

Butler
                          Missouri
                          Stanford
                          Oklahoma

Texas Tech
                          USC
                          Nebraska
                          Missouri State

Creighton
                          UCLA
                          Baylor
                          Wisconsin

George Washington
                          Georgia
                          Kansas
                          UAB

Kansas State
                          Missouri
                          North Carolina
                          Northwestern
                          #MACtion

Comment

• The 2 A10 games may end up being good games, but man are both those programs going to lose a lot. The Bonnie's as we know almost exclusively play their starters which are all seniors and Richmond has had 7 guys that have played every game, 5 are seniors.

Comment

Only games on the books for next year are Bonaventure here, Richmond there and the Hall of Fame Classic in Kansas City which should have a very strong field.

Last 5 fields (pre-pandemic)

Butler
                              Missouri
                              Stanford
                              Oklahoma

Texas Tech
                              USC
                              Nebraska
                              Missouri State

Creighton
                              UCLA
                              Baylor
                              Wisconsin

George Washington
                              Georgia
                              Kansas
                              UAB

Kansas State
                              Missouri
                              North Carolina
                              Northwestern
                              Is this a round robin or is it just a two game tournament, instead of the usual three game tournament?

Comment

• Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post

Is this a round robin or is it just a two game tournament, instead of the usual three game tournament?
                                Two in KC, one in CF
                                #MACtion

Comment

Working...
                                X