WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

  • You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2022 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Trey's shooting numbers have come back to Earth a little bit. He's still outstanding, but not quite as absurd as earlier in the year. Very well rounded senior season for him.
    Name PPG FG% EFG% 3PT% FT% RPG APG SPG BPG
    Trey Campbell 25.5 56.1% 61.3% 39.4% 85.6% 6.0 3.8 2.1 0.7

    Comment


    • Thanks for the update. Nice, well rounded numbers.
      Gotta call out, especially considering our games this season…. 85-86% free throw success!

      Comment


      • While I definitely understand the frustrations of "not recruiting outside CF," it definitely helps that the guys from the school turn out to be pretty damn good.

        Comment


        • Getting curious if we have a plan to fill out the post this off-season. The more I hear about Phyfe I’d be surprised if he comes back but who knows?

          The Fens situation was odd to say the least. Was told we were putting in some effort to get him on campus for a visit and then all the sudden Bain reports we’re not in contact.

          Wondering if we might kick the tires on the Foster situation? Not really Jake’s M.O. but might be a scenario with Cole on the team they would consider it?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by edgecat View Post
            Getting curious if we have a plan to fill out the post this off-season. The more I hear about Phyfe I’d be surprised if he comes back but who knows?

            The Fens situation was odd to say the least. Was told we were putting in some effort to get him on campus for a visit and then all the sudden Bain reports we’re not in contact.

            Wondering if we might kick the tires on the Foster situation? Not really Jake’s M.O. but might be a scenario with Cole on the team they would consider it?
            Foster said in a DM Register article about him being cleared in the sexual abuse investigation that he wants to go play in a warmer climate. That's not CF!

            Comment


            • I think AJ and Phyfe are coming back. We're not actively recruiting anyone in the '22 class and everybody we're connected to is '23 or '24.

              There's no way that some of those discussions haven't taken place. It's not like AJ and Phyfe want to do anything that would hurt the program.

              We're just flat out of rides.
              #MACtion

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Panther AC View Post

                Foster said in a DM Register article about him being cleared in the sexual abuse investigation that he wants to go play in a warmer climate. That's not CF!
                Not to be a VBFAN, but in legal matters there is often a difference between no charges being brought and being cleared...

                Comment


                • Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                  I think AJ and Phyfe are coming back. We're not actively recruiting anyone in the '22 class and everybody we're connected to is '23 or '24.

                  There's no way that some of those discussions haven't taken place. It's not like AJ and Phyfe want to do anything that would hurt the program.

                  We're just flat out of rides.
                  Based on the recent Driving the Lane episode I don’t think it’s a slam dunk AP comes back. It also wouldn’t be the first time Jake had banked a scholarship. Lastly, with UNI’s budget issues I would t be surprised to see this being pushed by the AD.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by edgecat View Post

                    Based on the recent Driving the Lane episode I don’t think it’s a slam dunk AP comes back. It also wouldn’t be the first time Jake had banked a scholarship. Lastly, with UNI’s budget issues I would t be surprised to see this being pushed by the AD.
                    If David Harris is encouraging coaches to not fill scholarships, he needs to be gone yesterday. That's somehow more egregious than the rest of his general incompetence.
                    #MACtion

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

                      If David Harris is encouraging coaches to not fill scholarships, he needs to be gone yesterday. That's somehow more egregious than the rest of his general incompetence.
                      Let's not get silly here.

                      Harris isn't telling Jake to bank scholarships.
                      Winning is more fun than losing.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Blue42 View Post

                        Let's not get silly here.

                        Harris isn't telling Jake to bank scholarships.
                        Agreed.

                        Kaboom
                        #MACtion

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Blue42 View Post

                          Let's not get silly here.

                          Harris isn't telling Jake to bank scholarships.
                          He may not be encouraging banking scholarships but I know for a fact budget is a key issue between the AD and coaches. Farley speaks openly about it any chance he gets.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by edgecat View Post

                            He may not be encouraging banking scholarships but I know for a fact budget is a key issue between the AD and coaches. Farley speaks openly about it any chance he gets.
                            Those are two different things.
                            Winning is more fun than losing.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Blue42 View Post

                              Those are two different things.
                              Being asked to recruit Iowa prospects vs out of state because it’s cheaper directly relates to the budget like banking a scholarship would.
                              Last edited by edgecat; 02-19-2022, 04:38 PM.

                              Comment


                              • We were technically 2 scholarships over this year when you consider the extra year seniors got. I have a hard time believing there has been much of this talk.
                                To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X