WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

  • You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2022 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by PantherAlum09 View Post

    So… Cameron Fens most likely
    After a quick google- that’s probably him as it doesn’t look like much post talent outside of him.

    Outside of that I know nothing .

    Comment


    • I read that Iowa is "keeping a close eye on him" and that Fens has been to a number of iowa games this year.
      "My role is to lead, plain and simple. . . .I with the help of my staff and our administration, we will lead." --Ben Jacobson

      Comment


      • Originally posted by domedays View Post
        I read that Iowa is "keeping a close eye on him" and that Fens has been to a number of iowa games this year.
        Fran's complete inability to recruit at a Big Ten level is killing us.
        #MACtion

        Comment


        • Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

          Fran's complete inability to recruit at a Big Ten level is killing us.
          I wouldn't say compete. He did get Garza, the Murray twin (jury is still out), Wieskamp (sp?), and Nunge (playing pretty well in a power conference). But by in large, he sucks!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by GoPanthers85 View Post

            I wouldn't say compete. He did get Garza, the Murray twin (jury is still out), Wieskamp (sp?), and Nunge (playing pretty well in a power conference). But by in large, he sucks!
            Garza isn't a kid we would have recruited anyway. Same with Nunge.

            Murray had one other offer (Western Illinois). Literally everybody else missed on him too and we've seen what he looks like when they play teams with a pulse and he's not the 6th option.

            Weiskamp's dad would have signed his LOI to Iowa the day he was born and it didn't matter who the coach was.

            Where he kills us is guys like Kriener, Sandfort, Pemsl. Guys that would have been borderline all Valley players that are nothing more than role players in the Big Ten. Then it double kills us because we put time and resources into those kids and he swoops in late waving the Tigerhawk when we would have otherwise closed the deal with them.
            #MACtion

            Comment


            • Originally posted by BCPanther View Post


              Where he kills us is guys like Kriener, Sandfort, Pemsl. Guys that would have been borderline all Valley players that are nothing more than role players in the Big Ten. Then it double kills us because we put time and resources into those kids and he swoops in late waving the Tigerhawk when we would have otherwise closed the deal with them.
              Kriener is the only miss here. Pemsl was a high level talent with injury- others were recruiting him had he not committed to Iowa he was P5. Sandfort had a long list of P5 suitors as well. Neither were coming here.

              Comment


              • You can add Jordan Bohannon to BCs list.

                Things getting tougher from a recruiting standpoint with Drake becoming an in-state threat and it feels like it's only a matter of time before St. Thomas is pulling a lot of weight in the twin cities. I don't think TJ is going to completely ignore the state of Iowa like previous ISU coaches have.

                It seems like UNI should be hitting Illinois and Wisconsin harder then they do. Nobody on the roster from either of those states. UNI has had so little diversity with where they've gotten their players over the years and I I'd imagine it's tough to get out of state kids to Cedar Falls, but relying so heavily on Iowa and Minnesota feels like a losing game going forward.

                I saw that Trey Campbell is the early leader in scoring in 4A at about 26 points a game through 4 games.
                Last edited by not a drake fan; 12-20-2021, 01:09 AM.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by not a drake fan View Post
                  You can add Jordan Bohannon to BCs list.

                  Things getting tougher from a recruiting standpoint with Drake becoming an in-state threat and it feels like it's only a matter of time before St. Thomas is pulling a lot of weight in the twin cities. I don't think TJ is going to completely ignore the state of Iowa like previous ISU coaches have.

                  It seems like UNI should be hitting Illinois and Wisconsin harder then they do. Nobody on the roster from either of those states. UNI has had so little diversity with where they've gotten their players over the years and I I'd imagine it's tough to get out of state kids to Cedar Falls, but relying so heavily on Iowa and Minnesota feels like a losing game going forward.

                  I saw that Trey Campbell is the early leader in scoring in 4A at about 26 points a game through 4 games.


                  He is off to a fantastic start. He's a stat sheet filler for sure. He's been efficient, and he's also getting plenty of steals, assists, etc.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by not a drake fan View Post
                    You can add Jordan Bohannon to BCs list.

                    Things getting tougher from a recruiting standpoint with Drake becoming an in-state threat and it feels like it's only a matter of time before St. Thomas is pulling a lot of weight in the twin cities. I don't think TJ is going to completely ignore the state of Iowa like previous ISU coaches have.

                    It seems like UNI should be hitting Illinois and Wisconsin harder then they do. Nobody on the roster from either of those states. UNI has had so little diversity with where they've gotten their players over the years and I I'd imagine it's tough to get out of state kids to Cedar Falls, but relying so heavily on Iowa and Minnesota feels like a losing game going forward.
                    I get what you are saying but it’s not like they’ve been avoiding those areas— others have emerged in those Illinois and Wisconsin grounds. They’ve been in on several prospects, just can’t close the deal.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by edgecat View Post

                      I get what you are saying but it’s not like they’ve been avoiding those areas— others have emerged in those Illinois and Wisconsin grounds. They’ve been in on several prospects, just can’t close the deal.
                      I completely agree we should continue to try and hit Wisconsin harder. Illinois is tougher when there are so many competitors in our conference alone that are closer. We have to try and hit Iowa, Minnesota, and Wisconsin the hardest. If you remember a couple years ago, we were really going after Johnny Davis who eventually got an offer to go to Wisconsin. He is tearing it up, now. We also looked as though we might end up with Tyrese Haliburton before Iowa State swooped in.

                      Comment


                      • I have attached below Trey Campbell's stats throughout this year. It's early, but it obvious he is the go to guy on offense, and he is having a great start to the year.
                        Name PPG FG% EFG% 3PT% FT% RPG APG SPG BPG
                        Trey Campbell 26.0 59.6% 65.6% 43.6% 84.5% 5.6 3.7 2.6 0.4
                        Last edited by PantherAlum09; 01-17-2022, 01:42 PM.

                        Comment


                        • I like that you can compare him to the other major recruits/commits in the state for 2022 and he's performing on par or better than them so far. 10 ppg more than Lipsey, with more boards but less assists, 5 more ppg than Dix, but with fewer boards and assists.

                          Comment


                          • Playing college basketball requires you fit a role. For guards you need to be “really” quick or “really” shoot it, preferably both. A lot of times good athletes can be really good in high school but flounder in college because they don’t have a role.

                            Comment


                            • Born is an example of a guy that doesn’t have a role and will struggle to make us a winning team. He’s not a point guard and can’t create off the dribble, he’s a decent shooter but a 5’9 wing shooter doesn’t work out well. Opposing coaches are salivating at the thought of our future offense running through him. Like AJ, he’s also not a pure shooter with great mechanics that can hit shots anytime. He’s a volume shooter that gets a feel after a half dozen shots or so …

                              A guy like Haldeman was a pure shooter and had a defined role. If he was open he was going to knock it down, even if he hadn’t shot one in a while. We need to find players that fit roles, and we badly need a player that can break down the defense.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Big I View Post
                                Born is an example of a guy that doesn’t have a role and will struggle to make us a winning team. He’s not a point guard and can’t create off the dribble, he’s a decent shooter but a 5’9 wing shooter doesn’t work out well. Opposing coaches are salivating at the thought of our future offense running through him. Like AJ, he’s also not a pure shooter with great mechanics that can hit shots anytime. He’s a volume shooter that gets a feel after a half dozen shots or so …

                                A guy like Haldeman was a pure shooter and had a defined role. If he was open he was going to knock it down, even if he hadn’t shot one in a while. We need to find players that fit roles, and we badly need a player that can break down the defense.
                                One more because it's just so factually inaccurate.

                                Career 3 point percentage:

                                Spencer Haldeman 39.2%
                                AJ Green 39.1%

                                That AJ Green has done nothing for this program.

                                Though you hated the 3 ball anyway?
                                #MACtion

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X