WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2022 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campbell gonna be an immediate part of the rotation? Plenty of depth at OG with Kimmons and Born, but could definitely see Jake using him off ball as well to get him minutes. Duax we know will be on the wing taking some of the minutes left by Ty and Trae.

Comment

• I could see either end of the redshirt/play scenario for Trey. I thought Duax would play and his body is more ready for college than Trey's currently. I think Trey and Duax both have the potential to be dynamic pieces. Both play defense and can slash and make plays on the offensive side. If Duax has developed his shot more during this redshirt, look out. It will also be interesting to see if Tytan's role changes with Trae and Tywhon gone next year. He would have to improve his shot dramatically to be useful at a wing but it might be a possibility.

Comment

• I think Campbell's play/sit decision is directly tied to what AJ decides to do.

And everybody is right on Duax. He's a big piece immediately. I have no doubt he'd be getting minutes this year if they had decided to play him and he'd be more than holding his own. Love his game.
        #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
          I think Campbell's play/sit decision is directly tied to what AJ decides to do.

And everybody is right on Duax. He's a big piece immediately. I have no doubt he'd be getting minutes this year if they had decided to play him and he'd be more than holding his own. Love his game.
          That was my thought as well. I get everyone thinks he's gone, he might be, but the one thing I can say confidently is he isn't transferring. AJ comes back then all the PG minutes are eaten up, and a rotation of AJ, Kimmons, Born, Carter, Heise, Phyfe (I believe he comes back), Tytan, and Duax is arguably the favorites to win the league (Murray State might have something to say about that)

Comment

• Originally posted by Wxcpanther View Post

That was my thought as well. I get everyone thinks he's gone, he might be, but the one thing I can say confidently is he isn't transferring. AJ comes back then all the PG minutes are eaten up, and a rotation of AJ, Kimmons, Born, Carter, Heise, Phyfe (I believe he comes back), Tytan, and Duax is arguably the favorites to win the league (Murray State might have something to say about that)
            I agree on AJ. I won't be surprised to see him go pro, but I would be surprised to see him transfer. Phyfe... I think it's all dependent on his health. Somebody commented that he has to be frustrated so much that he wants another year, I could see him being frustrated enough that it's just time to move on to the next phase of life. It is nice to see guys like Noah, Born, Heise play well, they'll be the next guys we'll be relying on. Once the upperclassmen move on.
            To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• One of the things that I hope comes out of the DI re-organization is 5 year eligibility so we don't have to have these conversations.

It's long past time to be there.
              #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by edgecat View Post

If I had to guess both are gone after this year
                Can happen, more scrambling to fill rides.

Comment

• The biggest reason that I think that AJ and Austin might be back is because we haven't been actively going after anyone. I can't imagine that Jake doesn't have at least some idea of what these two are going to do. Yes, these things can change, and I am sure he will support them in any decision they make.

Comment

• If one or both leave between Green and Phyfe it would be a significant rebuild and a drop in the standings. I'd say Green gone 5th place. With both out 6th place. Both back we can contend with Murray and Belmont to win the MVC.

Comment

• Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
                      The biggest reason that I think that AJ and Austin might be back is because we haven't been actively going after anyone. I can't imagine that Jake doesn't have at least some idea of what these two are going to do. Yes, these things can change, and I am sure he will support them in any decision they make.
                      Absolutely. AJ and Phyfe have way too much respect for UNI and Jake to not be totally upfront so they can plan accordingly.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrockLesnar View Post
                        If one or both leave between Green and Phyfe it would be a significant rebuild and a drop in the standings. I'd say Green gone 5th place. With both out 6th place. Both back we can contend with Murray and Belmont to win the MVC.
                        I think 6th would be a bit far. We wouldn't be the only ones losing a considerable chunk of our team. Drake will take a big step back and so will Mo St. If both leave I think we still finish top 4.

Comment

• Prim is gone for sure, I can't imagine Mosley doesn't go make money (though he is a Springfield kid so who knows) and Dana might get a look for some jobs. It'll be an interesting offseason at Missouri State.

We know that UNI, Drake, Murray, Belmont and Bradley will be in the mix either way next year. It's also getting to be make or break time in Carbondale.
                          #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                            Prim is gone for sure, I can't imagine Mosley doesn't go make money (though he is a Springfield kid so who knows) and Dana might get a look for some jobs. It'll be an interesting offseason at Missouri State.

We know that UNI, Drake, Murray, Belmont and Bradley will be in the mix either way next year. It's also getting to be make or break time in Carbondale.
                            Indiana State could make some noise too. Cooper Neese has at least one year left. He’ll be a target for P5 teams to enter the portal, so hopefully he stays. Just looked at their roster, and Key is the only senior.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post

Indiana State could make some noise too. Cooper Neese has at least one year left. He’ll be a target for P5 teams to enter the portal, so hopefully he stays. Just looked at their roster, and Key is the only senior.
                              I'm expecting Key to come back too

Comment

• Originally posted by CyCarp View Post

I agree on AJ. I won't be surprised to see him go pro, but I would be surprised to see him transfer. Phyfe... I think it's all dependent on his health. Somebody commented that he has to be frustrated so much that he wants another year, I could see him being frustrated enough that it's just time to move on to the next phase of life. It is nice to see guys like Noah, Born, Heise play well, they'll be the next guys we'll be relying on. Once the upperclassmen move on.
                                I'm curious to see if Wolf can earn minutes as a stretch 3

Comment

Working...
                                X