WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2022 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lu'Cye Patterson from Missouri State is in the portal.

We recruited him pretty hard out of HS, so interest wouldn't surprise me. He was solid at MoSt despite having to play out of position a lot.
    #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
      Lu'Cye Patterson from Missouri State is in the portal.

We recruited him pretty hard out of HS, so interest wouldn't surprise me. He was solid at MoSt despite having to play out of position a lot.
      That is an interesting one. Know why he is leaving? Like probably isnt transferring up? But good enough to not transfer down?

Also, I hope we are on good terms with Tamin Lipsey. Based on all the guards ISU is recruiting or that CF wants to recruit he wont be playing much this year. And cant imagine he will take that well. (We can take Eli King too lol)

Comment

• Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post

That is an interesting one. Know why he is leaving? Like probably isnt transferring up? But good enough to not transfer down?

Also, I hope we are on good terms with Tamin Lipsey. Based on all the guards ISU is recruiting or that CF wants to recruit he wont be playing much this year. And cant imagine he will take that well. (We can take Eli King too lol)
        They have recruited a lot of wings and 2 guards, but to this point no PGs really. Decent chance with Hunter gone Lipsey will be the guy from day 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wxcpanther View Post

They have recruited a lot of wings and 2 guards, but to this point no PGs really. Decent chance with Hunter gone Lipsey will be the guy from day 1.
          hard to tell, but they have been in on a lot of guards (Holmes, Council, AJ, etc). Who knows what there roster will end up looking like but a lot of these guys don't plan to come into be a back up. Doesn't mean that's not what will happen but.... Not to mention Grill will want to play still and Gabe if he comes back etc.

But all I am saying is that Jake and Co. will need to be extra careful with how they recruit some of these guys in the future to not burn any bridges and make sure connections are tehre for later.

Really curious to see where our openings go this year.
          Last edited by DownGoesKansas; 04-26-2022, 12:56 PM.

Comment

• Three open spots to fill is tough. Two seems doable with one carryover. We need at least one a post player. The rest of the league has their issues too. If our league power ranking takes a hit it just means a one bid league winner take all in St. Louis. The seed will be lower, though more like a 13/14.

Comment

• Xavier Foster committed to SMU. Not UNI news but closest we are getting to UNI news right now ha

Comment

• It's better then him going to Drake

Comment

• Finally some recruiting news... Chandler Baker from D2 Belmont Abbey will be visiting UNI. He is a 6'5" G/F from Georgia. I watched a little bit of highlights from his 2019 season. He has some athleticism, and definitely looks like he's better than a D2 prospect. He has a nice looking shot with a quick release.

He was the Conference Carolinas Freshman of the year and a 2nd team All Conference player. Go get him!

Comment

• Originally posted by PantherAlum09 View Post
                    Finally some recruiting news... Chandler Baker from D2 Belmont Abbey will be visiting UNI. He is a 6'5" G/F from Georgia. I watched a little bit of highlights from his 2019 season. He has some athleticism, and definitely looks like he's better than a D2 prospect. He has a nice looking shot with a quick release.

He was the Conference Carolinas Freshman of the year and a 2nd team All Conference player. Go get him!
                    Sign me up. He's visiting here, Winthrop and Holy Cross with other mid major interest (including SIU). Shot 46% from 3 this year. The person who tweeted it says he has 2 years to play, but I think it should be 3. Isn't 2020-2021 a free year for everybody, even D2?
                    To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Originally posted by CyCarp View Post

Sign me up. He's visiting here, Winthrop and Holy Cross with other mid major interest (including SIU). Shot 46% from 3 this year. The person who tweeted it says he has 2 years to play, but I think it should be 3. Isn't 2020-2021 a free year for everybody, even D2?
                      Yea, he should have 3. Appears to be worth the shot at this point. Lock it down guys

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                        Lu'Cye Patterson from Missouri State is in the portal.

Committed to Charlotte today

Comment

• Pete Moe is reclassified to the 23 class and doing a prep year in Georgia. Might be another chance for UNI to get a good one!

Comment

• Chandler Baker who we had in for a visit committed to Colgate today. He was a D2 kid, but he didn't play or look like it from the little video I saw. Colgate is typically pretty damn good, so they obviously saw some potential there.

Comment

• 6’7 wing Jackson Skipper (@JacksonSkipper) tells me that he’s taking an official visit to Northern Iowa starting today through Wednesday.
                              Vermont offered him last night.
                              To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
                                https://twitter.com/jakelieberman2/s...Bygok2qEQ&s=19

6’7 wing Jackson Skipper (@JacksonSkipper) tells me that he’s taking an official visit to Northern Iowa starting today through Wednesday.
                                Vermont offered him last night.
                                Jackson will be announcing his decision "in the near future". I think he'd be a nice addition.

Comment

Working...
                                X