WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2022 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ege Peksari

Has already played 3 years of club/pro ball against older guys. Very long for a 6-5 kid. Has also played some internationally for the Turkish U20 national team.

Repeatable shooting motion and instantly familiar with our style offense. Needs to work on quickness and improving lower body strength from the few clips I can find. Has always played against older guys so there is some maturity to his game already.

I suspect that he's instantly a rotation piece and that he and Campbell will compliment each other pretty well going forward.

Super preliminary opinion and I need to see more but I think we might have found something here.
    #MACtion

Comment

• I attached a link to some highlights. He’s a quality passer with a pretty quick release and good shot. Didn’t see much of him blowing by guys so I feel agility and strength will probably be focus areas for him. Really like the look of his game, though. Only 18 years old and looks to be a solid piece.

Comment

• Sorry. Just seeing BC’s post. Very similar thoughts.

Comment

• Is this the first time we've had a honest-to-goodness European on the team? I can't seem to recall any off the top of my head.

Comment

• Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
            Is this the first time we've had a honest-to-goodness European on the team? I can't seem to recall any off the top of my head.
            Octav Moraiu in the late Weaver/early Mac days was from somewhere in Eastern Europe and I want to say Eldon had a big from Eastern Europe as well but other than that, I'm not remembering anyone.
            #MACtion

Comment

• How much eligibility will he have? I’d assume he’s considered a freshman here, or do his three years of club ball count against him?

Comment

• Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
                How much eligibility will he have? I’d assume he’s considered a freshman here, or do his three years of club ball count against him?
                He's never played senior level Euro ball so he'll have four years. At least that's my understanding in trying to get through archaic NCAA rules.
                #MACtion

Comment

• Doesn't look 6'5'' to me, maybe 6'3" but sign me up! I love this kid's game!
                  Great handles and great passer. Aggressive on the drive with ability to pass and finish in traffic. Beautiful shooting stroke. I love the idea of going after more European players.
                  How old is this guy?
                  Last edited by orangetennis; 06-13-2022, 07:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by orangetennis View Post
                    Doesn't look 6'5'' to me, maybe 6'3" but sign me up! I love this kid's game!
                    Great handles and great passer. Aggressive on the drive with ability to pass and finish in traffic. Beautiful shooting stroke. I love the idea of going after more European players.
                    How old is this guy?
                    He'll be 19 this fall.
                    #MACtion

Comment

• This sure is a interesting get. I tend to agree with some of the other posters that it’s probably a great idea to get some international talent on this roster. The game has expanded world wide at high levels. It takes a lot of effort but why not go that route. St Mary’s has gone after Australian guys pretty hard and it’s worked well.

this guy from his tape looks fluid and smooth. Looking forward to seeing him develop.

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

Octav Moraiu in the late Weaver/early Mac days was from somewhere in Eastern Europe and I want to say Eldon had a big from Eastern Europe as well but other than that, I'm not remembering anyone.
                        Big O, fun guy to cheer for.

Munib Dzuho, played a couple years in the mid-90s.

McDermott also had Vince Polokavic for a year before he transferred somewhere West Coast, I believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Khan4Cats View Post

Big O, fun guy to cheer for.

Munib Dzuho, played a couple years in the mid-90s.

McDermott also had Vince Polokavic for a year before he transferred somewhere West Coast, I believe.
                          Big O was fun.

Some of Bob Justis' favorite names to announce.
                          "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

• Forgot about Munib “Mo” Dzuho. Found a reference to him about being a hoops coach at International University of Sarajevo. We need a list of former players who are coaching. (There may be one, I haven’t looked)

Comment

Working...
                            X