WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2023 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also, offer out to Kyle Pock from Bolivar, Missouri...

Last edited by CyCarp; 07-27-2022, 06:29 PM.
    To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Reed and Taylor would be as good a class as we've ever had.
      #MACtion

Comment

• If I have learned anything from this offseason, it's that we need to do what we can to hang on to Tuttle. His impact on the recruiting trail has been impressive. Reed would be one heck of a fit on this team.

Comment

• Very happy to be very wrong in regards to Tuttle. He's putting in an insane amount work on the recruiting trail.

Comment

• It feels like Reed would be a huge get. Ranked 158th nationally. He's said he wants to play right away wherever he goes, and it shows with his top 4 teams (UNI, Colorado St, Richmond, Tulsa). He has at least four P5 offers that I can find, Rivals and 24/7 don't seem completely up to date on his offers, none of them in his top 4.
            To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
              It feels like Reed would be a huge get. Ranked 158th nationally. He's said he wants to play right away wherever he goes, and it shows with his top 4 teams (UNI, Colorado St, Richmond, Tulsa). He has at least four P5 offers that I can find, Rivals and 24/7 don't seem completely up to date on his offers, none of them in his top 4.
              Us being in his top 4 and LUC not...feels good

Comment

• it feels like CSU could be tough to beat out but hope I am wrong!

Comment

• Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
                  it feels like CSU could be tough to beat out but hope I am wrong!
                  CSU and Richmond especially are good fits for Reed's skillset. I imagine that we could provide more minutes than both right off the bat, however.

Comment

• CSU just got a commitment from a post player…..just saying.

I don’t like to get my hopes up but this kid would fit us perfectly.

edit: I guess the new commit is reclassifying to 22’ so he isn’t in the same class but still a post player who could take away playing time.
                    Last edited by unipanther2154; 07-30-2022, 06:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by unipanther2154 View Post
                      CSU just got a commitment from a post player…..just saying.

I don’t like to get my hopes up but this kid would fit us perfectly.

edit: I guess the new commit is reclassifying to 22’ so he isn’t in the same class but still a post player who could take away playing time.
                      I do think this could be big. Reed has said he wants to play right away. If this is a guy who might be in his way, it could push Colorado St back in his list. Might be a bit of wishful thinking, but it does make sense.

Comment

• To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• If you would add Reed and Kapke to Taylor it would be in the discussion for our best recruiting class ever with the the 2006 class.
                          #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                            If you would add Reed and Kapke to Taylor it would be in the discussion for our best recruiting class ever with the the 2006 class.
                            After viewing his film I'm not overly impressed, and with a number of P6 offers already in hand I won't get my hopes up on this guy. He's a big body with some skill on both ends of the floor so I'd obviously still love to have him.
                            Could this offer be proof we've lost confidence in Reed committing?

Comment

• Originally posted by orangetennis View Post

After viewing his film I'm not overly impressed, and with a number of P6 offers already in hand I won't get my hopes up on this guy. He's a big body with some skill on both ends of the floor so I'd obviously still love to have him.
                              It could be. Or it could be a lack of confidence in every big behind Phyfe. I would probably side with the latter at this point. It could also just be a realization that you need 2-3 guys that size to contribute significant minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by orangetennis View Post

I'd say that's a bit harsh on him.

The downside is level of competition, can't ignore that. Having said that, there is a skill set and agression there impossible to ignore.

Comment

Working...
                                X