WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2023 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official 2023 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Offered:

Committed:

RJ Taylor.......................... 5'11" Midland, MI (Nike Meanstreets)
    Kyle Pock........................ 6'6" F Bolivar, MO (MOKAN Elite)
    Wes Rubin....................... 6'8" F Chicago, IL (Nike Meanstreets)

Committed Elsewhere:

Kayden Fish.................... 6'6" F Kansas City, MO (MOKAN) Iowa State
    Boden Kapke.................. 6'11" F/C Victoria, MN (Holy Family Catholic) Butler
    Richard Barron................ 6'5" G/F Chicago, IL (Nike Meanstreets) George Mason
    Jack Robison...................6'6" G/F Lakeville, MN (Lakeville North) Wisconsin
    Matt Reed....................... 6'9" F/C Lewisville, TX (iSchool of Lewisville) Tulsa
    ​​​​​​​
    Last edited by PantherAlum09; 11-11-2022, 11:14 AM.

I went ahead and started a new topic for 2023 since coaches can start talking with recruits as of Midnight today. Sounds like we have already been in contact with Dallas Bear from Cedar Falls and Blaise Porter from New London. Both of these guys have heard from Iowa State and Drake as well as others, also.

Comment

I'm all in on Blaise Porter. All. In.

Every single making of all league guard in the Valley. Plus shooter and ballhandler and he plays way longer than you would think with his frame. He's definitely a staff priority.
      #MACtion

Comment

Looks like we were also in contact with Jack Janicki from White Bear Lake, MN. He’s a 6’4” SG with a great stroke. He also had contact from several high majors.

Comment

We have been in contact with 6'6" F Conner Kraft from the Fargo, ND area.

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
            I'm all in on Blaise Porter. All. In.

Every single making of all league guard in the Valley. Plus shooter and ballhandler and he plays way longer than you would think with his frame. He's definitely a staff priority.
            And he has a name built for a P.A. announcer ... BAH-LAAAAAAAAAIZE PORTER!
            "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

We were in contact with Tommy Humphries yesterday. He’s a 6’5” wing from Torino-Grace (Minnesota).

Comment

I’d assume we’re in on Drew Kingery, a G from Indianola. I’ve seen him tied to Drake in a couple of articles.

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
                  I’d assume we’re in on Drew Kingery, a G from Indianola. I’ve seen him tied to Drake in a couple of articles.
                  Yes, we have been in contact with Kingery. Apparently we also talked with Pryce Sandfort from Waukee and Chase Henderson and Elijah Vos from Des Moines Hoover. An interesting one is Daniel Tobiloba from Grand View Christian. We haven't been in contact with him, but he's a big athletic center. Wouldn't it be nice to have someone in there to deter people from driving the lane on us? I know he's pretty raw, though.
                  Last edited by PantherAlum09; 06-16-2021, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Tobiloba literally can't play offense.

He's intriguing because of the raw athleticism and size but what a major project he's going to be for someone.
                    #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by PantherAlum09 View Post

Yes, we have been in contact with Kingery. Apparently we also talked with Pryce Sandfort from Waukee and Chase Henderson and Elijah Vos from Des Moines Hoover. An interesting one is Daniel Tobiloba from Grand View Christian. We haven't been in contact with him, but he's a big athletic center. Wouldn't it be nice to have someone in there to deter people from driving the lane on us? I know he's pretty raw, though.
                      Sandfort is a really interesting prospect, but since Omaha Billiew is leaving Waukee for prep school, he’ll be the guy for Waukee and will put up some stellar numbers. My no inside info opinion says there’s a good chance he follows his brother to Iowa.

Hoover is a solid program that’s produced some good players over the years. Hoover teams have a reputation for playing really tough, in your face, hard nosed defense, despite a coaching change or two in the last 10 years. I’d think that makes UNI a good destination for the players talented enough for MVC ball.

Comment

Where does Dallas Bear fit in recruiting? I saw that he has at least talked with Drake, Iowa St. and Marquette. Does he have power conference ability?
                        "My role is to lead, plain and simple. . . .I with the help of my staff and our administration, we will lead." --Ben Jacobson

Comment

Dallas Bear is an interesting one. He’s already at least 6’8”-6’9” and he can shoot the 3. From what I’ve seen, he’s not a crazy athlete or anything, but I feel like his potential with the size and shooting ability may push him to a bigger conference.

Comment

Georges Niang did alright in a Power 5 Conference with similar size and a lack of athletic ability.

Comment

Apparently we just offered RJ Taylor. A PG from Midland, Michigan. He recently visited Michigan St.

Comment

Working...
                              X