WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2023 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PantherAlum09 View Post
    Apparently we just offered RJ Taylor. A PG from Midland, Michigan. He recently visited Michigan St.
    If you squint, you see a poor man's AJ Green.
    #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

If you squint, you see a poor man's AJ Green.
      Just watched his sophomore season highlights on YouTube and if you watch the entire video you'll see that he features a lot of nifty passing ability with some shifty change of direction dribbling. He does not remind me of AJ in any way. His game is similar to Steve Nash.
      When paired with athletic bigs this type of player can be a game changer but our roster does not typically boast above the rim types. I doubt he chooses UNI.

Comment

Originally posted by orangetennis View Post

Just watched his sophomore season highlights on YouTube and if you watch the entire video you'll see that he features a lot of nifty passing ability with some shifty change of direction dribbling. He does not remind me of AJ in any way. His game is similar to Steve Nash.
        When paired with athletic bigs this type of player can be a game changer but our roster does not typically boast above the rim types. I doubt he chooses UNI.
        He creates space with footwork and senses defensive pressure on his hip. REALLY nice player but sadly you're right. He's going to blow up past us.
        #MACtion

Comment

The extra year for everybody makes it so hard to figure out what you need in this class. I figure we have to have a big even if Phyfe is coming back for his 6th.
          #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
            The extra year for everybody makes it so hard to figure out what you need in this class. I figure we have to have a big even if Phyfe is coming back for his 6th.
            This is and has been the most pressing need. Maybe Henry will make giant leaps in development but even so, we would benefit by having a big that’s at least Phyfe’s height and weight. That may be asking for too much. Maybe we will really embrace small ball? Who knows?

Comment

I have added all the 2023 prospects from Iowa that we have been in contact with. There are a lot. Matthew Bain from the register does a good job keeping up on the high school talent in the state. So far the list below (in order of ranking within the state per Matthew Bain) is who we have at least had some interest in as recently as this month:

Pryce Sandfort - 6'6" (Waukee Northwest)

Drew Kingery - 6'5" (Indianola)

Blaise Porter - 6'0" (New London)

Dallas Bear - 6'7" (Cedar Falls)

Daniel Tobiloba - 7'0" (Grand View Christian)

Chase Henderson - 6'0" (Des Moines Hoover)

Brayson Laube - 6'2" (Marion)

Elijah Vos - 6'5" (Des Moines Hoover)

Caden Kirkman - 6'8" (Wilton)

Kenzie Reed - 5'10" (Cedar Rapids Kennedy)

Comment

Hopefully we have a shot at Bear, I think he has Mid Major star written all over him. Laube’s sister plays for the panthers.

Comment

Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
                  Hopefully we have a shot at Bear, I think he has Mid Major star written all over him. Laube’s sister plays for the panthers.
                  The Register made it sound realistic that he’ll sign with a mid major team. It also sounded like Sandfort will be offered by higher profile schools, and most likely the same with Kingery and Porter.

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post

The Register made it sound realistic that he’ll sign with a mid major team. It also sounded like Sandfort will be offered by higher profile schools, and most likely the same with Kingery and Porter.
                    Porter could run into similar problems as Born with his height. That would obviously benefit us mid majors.

Comment

I absolutely love Porter's game. He's an all-league guard in the Valley.
                      #MACtion

Comment

RJ Taylor, who we've already offered, set to visit UNI in October...

RJ Taylor, 2023 guard, will be taking an official visit to Northern Iowa from October 1st to 3rd

The Panther staff is pushing hard for the @MeanstreetsEYB/@GrandBlancHoops high IQ, hard-nosed offensive engine https://t.co/kYD94rgipk
                        To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
                          RJ Taylor, who we've already offered, set to visit UNI in October...

RJ Taylor, 2023 guard, will be taking an official visit to Northern Iowa from October 1st to 3rd

The Panther staff is pushing hard for the @MeanstreetsEYB/@GrandBlancHoops high IQ, hard-nosed offensive engine https://t.co/kYD94rgipk
                          Big recruiting month coming up for the Panthers

Comment

We were at an open gym watching Nasir Whitlock, a guard from DeLaSalle in Minnesota. Michigan, Princeton, and DePaul among others were also there watching.

Comment

I'm home with a sick kid, so I've been watching a little bit of highlight videos from our 2023 offers. This RJ Taylor kid is phenomenal. Even if he couldn't shoot I would want him for his passing ability, but he can shoot. He may blow up past us, but my goodness is he fun to watch. It would be nice if we had a big he could throw some lobs for, because he is lights out with that pass. He makes it look easy, and that is not always an easy pass.

Watch RJ Taylor's videos and highlights on Hudl. More info: Parallel Forty-Five - P45 2021 / Mio, MI

Comment

Of note, we "especially seem all-in" on him. https://twitter.com/ScribSports/stat...12461589356544

So someone else is seeing what you're seeing.

Comment

Working...
                                X