WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2023 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think everyone needs to take a step back on Matt Reed. He's leaving a pretty decent situation in Richmond, I don't think he's going to go to a school in a conference downgrade where he'll be a preferred walk-on/a school that will get someone to give up a scholarship for someone who's not even here. He'd be absolutely awesome to have, and would take this from "probably the best recruiting class in UNI history" to "undoubtedly the best," but let's assume that he's not coming here. Again, if for no other reason than "we don't have room."

Comment

• Originally posted by Wxcpanther View Post
      The even more unfortunate thing is a guy like Drew Daniels seems like he will make a run at a scholarship at some point. I'm not sure what they could REALLY do, I'd be shocked if Jake would pull someone's scholarship, just isn't how he operates.
      Nor should we be in the business of pulling people's scholarships or even asking players to give them up. Yeah it's wrong, but it also sets a terrible precedent and message to potential players going forward esp for a smaller school.

I'm satisfied with the 3 guys we got as a whole. If you can make things work so be it, but no need to force anything crazy IMO.

Comment

• Just to be clear, I don’t actually think we will end up with Reed. To that point, Reed announced he is committing tomorrow at 3:00 and there have been no SpongeBob gifs.

Comment

• Originally posted by PantherAlum09 View Post
          Just to be clear, I don’t actually think we will end up with Reed. To that point, Reed announced he is committing tomorrow at 3:00 and there have been no SpongeBob gifs.
          I'm guessing a P6 got in his ear. Good for him!
          #MACtion

Comment

• Reed committed to Tulsa.

Comment

• Originally posted by PantherAlum09 View Post
              Reed committed to Tulsa.
              That's odd... hell of a drop in quality vs Richmond.
              To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• He was a huge Tulsa lean before he committed to Richmond. I think it's just a case of getting caught up and not thinking things through then going back and rectifying it.

Good news is we won't have to play against him most likely.
                #MACtion

Comment

• Tulsa always reminds me of my favorite Bud Light Genius commercial:

Comment

• FWIW - Pock, Rubin and Taylor have all signed their LOI's today. Can't wait to get these kids on campus.
                    To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

• If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

Comment

• Coach has to be super excited about these 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by krusej23 View Post
                              Coach has to be super excited about these 3.
                              I get they edited them to make the picture look good, but it's funny to me that 5'11" RJ Taylor is the same size as our 2 new 6'7" wings

Comment

• Also going to be fun when we find out that Bowen isn't anywhere near 5-11 when they stand next to each other next year...
                                #MACtion

Comment

Working...
                                X