WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2023 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had some time look at next years class. I would love to be a teammate of R.J. Taylor. He is a team first guy, but can ball. He has a pull up jumper that is deadly and can really dribble/pass. If we keep the current players and recruits I believe he can play right away. He's on the shorter side, but he's going to be surrounded by big athletic guards at UNI. I'm not sure the last time we had really good players all coming back, plus three high recruits. Not to mention you add Heise and possibly an all conference 22 year old Phyfe. The future is bright!

Comment

• Phyfe would be 24 when the season started if he were to play next year

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIhoops View Post
        Had some time look at next years class. I would love to be a teammate of R.J. Taylor. He is a team first guy, but can ball. He has a pull up jumper that is deadly and can really dribble/pass. If we keep the current players and recruits I believe he can play right away. He's on the shorter side, but he's going to be surrounded by big athletic guards at UNI. I'm not sure the last time we had really good players all coming back, plus three high recruits. Not to mention you add Heise and possibly an all conference 22 year old Phyfe. The future is bright!
        His current assist-to-turnover ratio is 26:1. You can't do that in a video game.

I'm starting to come around to the idea that you can get away with playing RJ and Born together for stretches.
        #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

His current assist-to-turnover ratio is 26:1. You can't do that in a video game.

I'm starting to come around to the idea that you can get away with playing RJ and Born together for stretches.
          You absolutely can. I think he will primarily be a backup PG, but no reason they can’t play together if needed.

Bowen and AJ played together, Wes and Deon, etc.

Our roster will be absolutely loaded the next 2 years, presuming everybody stays.
          UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
          iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

• Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post

You absolutely can. I think he will primarily be a backup PG, but no reason they can’t play together if needed.

Our roster will be absolutely loaded the next 2 years, presuming everybody stays.
            The issue isn't general defensive ability. It's 2 guards under 6 foot playing together.

Comment

• Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post

Haven't heard any family members screaming our best player to pass the ball this year so I'm reasonably comfortable that we'll be intact next year...

#MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by Wxcpanther View Post

The issue isn't general defensive ability. It's 2 guards under 6 foot playing together.
                Josten, Haak, and Viet would like a word with you.

Comment

• Tbf clenz that team was also 18-14 and couldn't score a ton consistently despite some good shooters. Defensively tho..pretty decent.

Comment

• Originally posted by clenz View Post
                    Josten, Haak, and Viet would like a word with you.
                    Viet was officially listed at 6'3" and Haak at 6'1" I realize there's a good chance those aren't quite accurate, but those 2 guys are LISTED under 6 foot. I'm not saying I agree with the thought process, just saying Born and AJ playing together doesn't really fit the argument.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wxcpanther View Post

Viet was officially listed at 6'3" and Haak at 6'1" I realize there's a good chance those aren't quite accurate, but those 2 guys are LISTED under 6 foot. I'm not saying I agree with the thought process, just saying Born and AJ playing together doesn't really fit the argument.
                      I don't give a damn what those 3 were listed at. Viet may have been just over 6, but Haak at 6'1 is more than generous.

We could list them at whatever we want if it will make fans feel better. List Rubin at 6'2 just to **** with people for all I care.

Comment

Haven't heard any family members screaming our best player to pass the ball this year so I'm reasonably comfortable that we'll be intact next year...
                        Put down that NBA contract and pass my boy the ball. Hahaha
                        Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue42 View Post

Put down that NBA contract and pass my boy the ball. Hahaha
                          'Noah's open. He's ****ing open. Throw it. God damn it AJ. Throw the damn ball'

*AJ drains contested 3. Jake stares absolute daggers*
                          #MACtion

Comment

'Noah's open. He's ****ing open. Throw it. God damn it AJ. Throw the damn ball'

*AJ drains contested 3. Jake stares absolute daggers*
                            I never witnessed it in person. Just heard the stories.

Had to be amazing. What a d-bag.
                            Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Absolutely...in the season opener vs Dubuque. After that, no thank you.
                              You already see the defensive rotations and double teams we're forced to do when a larger guard backs down Born. Offenses routinely prey on our ball screen switches to gain favorable matchups on Bowen. Can you imagine how easy it'd be for opponents with two little guys on the floor!?
                              Maybe if these guys were muscular, stout physically, or super long and athletic like Wes was, but not Bowen and RJ. Keep em separated unless there's an obscure matchup we can exploit.

Comment

• Originally posted by orangetennis View Post

Absolutely...in the season opener vs Dubuque. After that, no thank you.
                                You already see the defensive rotations and double teams we're forced to do when a larger guard backs down Born. Offenses routinely prey on our ball screen switches to gain favorable matchups on Bowen. Can you imagine how easy it'd be for opponents with two little guys on the floor!?
                                Maybe if these guys were muscular, stout physically, or super long and athletic like Wes was, but not Bowen and RJ. Keep em separated unless there's an obscure matchup we can exploit.
                                Yeah but who needs defense when your offense works like a more efficient Harlem Globetrotters?

Comment

Working...
                                X