WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2022 Football Recruiting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PantherAlum09 View Post
    Brady McCullough just committed from Ankeny High School. He's a 6'4" WR and a great kid. Played the last couple years with a ton of talent. His sister also plays basketball at UNI.
    McCullough had 3 - 38 yards and a TD in a 37-7 win over Cedar Rapids Prairie in 5A. Sounds like this game got lopsided early, so lots of running. On to the Dome next week.

I went to the 5A SE Polk vs WDM Dowling game last night. SE Polk has a couple of all world recruits, and several other players who could be on UNI’s radar. Two of the others I’d watch for are WR Cole Filoon and RB Titus Christianson. Both made big plays last night to help SE Polk win. I know Filoon has interest from both Iowa and Iowa St but he may be on the bubble of being a Big 12 or Big Ten player. Christianson is fast, strong, and has good balance but he may not be quite big enough to play D1 ball. Dowling’s QB Smolek is really good, and only a JR, but might blow up beyond our level. They also have a really good D lineman, Jaylen Pettus McMullen, to watch for. That school seems to produce playmaking DEs - Brawntae Wells, current Iowa player John Waggoner, etc.

Comment

Cole Filoon's dad, Jon, was a tight end for Iowa under coach Hayden Fry. If he gets an offer from Iowa I would say he's probably off our radar but Idk
      "They keep saying that what really matters is not whether you win or lose, but how you played the game. The trouble is that the best way to determine how you played the game is by whether you won or lost." - Anonymous

Comment

Watching the 5A title game.

McCullough's a player.
        Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

https://twitter.com/DevellWashingt2/...TCE9P5uEQ&s=19

Panthers have offered West Virginia transfer WR Devell Washington.

Highly rated recruit out of Bay City, MI. Mountaineers wanted to move him to LB as they were thin there.

Looks like he wants to play WR.

4 years eligibility left.
          Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
            https://twitter.com/MSchecklman12/st...226205706?s=19

Matt Scheckelman...a QB out of Appleton, WI...commits to the Panthers.

​​​​​​
            That's a good football town. I have relatives there. Lots of paper comes from Appleton. Whistling Straights is an hour away too.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
              https://twitter.com/DevellWashingt2/...TCE9P5uEQ&s=19

Panthers have offered West Virginia transfer WR Devell Washington.

Highly rated recruit out of Bay City, MI. Mountaineers wanted to move him to LB as they were thin there.

Looks like he wants to play WR.

4 years eligibility left.
              Get that guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Cats View Post
                Cole Filoon's dad, Jon, was a tight end for Iowa under coach Hayden Fry. If he gets an offer from Iowa I would say he's probably off our radar but Idk
                He wasn’t a tight end as I’m not sure he was even 6’ tall and not sure if over 160 lbs. More in the slot receiver realm.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudrafan View Post

He wasn’t a tight end as I’m not sure he was even 6’ tall and not sure if over 160 lbs. More in the slot receiver realm.
                  Correct, and a walk on too if I remember correctly. He was bigger than 160, but still, not a huge target. His son looks to be roughly 6’ and about 180. I remember reading he had really good track times in one of the sprint events, so he’s got at least some wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudrafan View Post

I should have done some research instead of relying on my old fart's memory. You're right he was a slot receiver and I believe he was a walk on who eared a scholarship before his Iowa career ended.
                    "They keep saying that what really matters is not whether you win or lose, but how you played the game. The trouble is that the best way to determine how you played the game is by whether you won or lost." - Anonymous

Comment

Loyal Crawford, a three-star recruit out of Eau Claire, WI, who was dismissed from the Wisconsin program a week before the season was to begin was in town for the Western Illinois game. According to 24/7, he was offered by Wisconsin and Michigan State out of high school.

"Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

He'd have to be on a short leash. I've seen mostly rbs and wrs in this thread. I hope we've got a few D-line replacements, some big guys in general.

Comment

We can guarantee him lots of carries on 2nd down. Gotta be a selling point, right?
                          #MACtion

Comment

Working...
                          X