WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2024 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New offer for the 2024 class. Looks like his only other offers right now are Wisconsin-Green Bay and Toledo, but he has interest from Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa State, Marquette, Northwestern among others.

​​​​​​
    Last edited by CyCarp; 03-14-2023, 09:13 PM.
    To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

I updated the list and added him. He looks to be a legit 6'8" with some decent strength and low post moves already. I like the way he plays and can see him getting some bigger offers potentially. If he cleans up his shot a little, he will for sure.

Comment

Also has an Illinois State offer. His teammate Kinziger is an Illinois State commit for next year.
        #MACtion

Comment

https://twitter.com/ForsytheDayton/s...564206595?s=20

Offer to Oklahoma kid who holds offers from Oklahoma, OSU, Cal, Nebraska.

6'3" guard. No reason to think he'd pick UNI but I like how the staff is widening their territory recently. And they have gotten closer with some of these higher profile guys recently than they ever did in the past.
          Last edited by not a drake fan; 03-16-2023, 06:12 PM.
          Yeah, a D+ effort out of me on the day I created the name for this account. I didn't think I would use this account more than once.

Comment

Originally posted by not a drake fan View Post
            https://twitter.com/ForsytheDayton/s...564206595?s=20

Offer to Oklahoma kid who holds offers from Oklahoma, OSU, Cal, Nebraska.

6'3" guard. No reason to think he'd pick UNI but I like how the staff is widening their territory recently. And they have gotten closer with some of these higher profile guys recently than they ever did in the past.
            Strange that we're a later offer to a kid already holding multiple P6 offers. It's typical to see us in on a kid early, who later blows up to get P6 offers but why would we bother this late on a kid who could play closer to home and in the Big12? Or a Berkley education, my goodness.
            Maybe there's something there that's not evident on the surface. Who knows.

Comment

We had him in for a visit last year and have been in contact with him a ton. Tuttle especially has been heavily involved. This kid is an athlete and a scorer. And he has a younger brother who is also pretty talented. I updated the list.
              Last edited by PantherAlum09; 03-16-2023, 10:04 PM.

Comment

You have to think our coaches have a pretty good connection with him to offer a guy with those other offers. Looks like his Dad is his HS coach, he tweeted in support... Even if the kid doesn't come here, it's kind of cool to see a recruits parent having comments like this. That's what this program is about.

To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

We wouldn't be using resources if we didn't think we had a shot.

There is something to be said for freshman to come here knowing that their coach isn't going to spend every off-season trying to recruit over them...
                  #MACtion

Comment

Any of the schools listed could also recruit “over” him, and suddenly his offer is void. This includes bringing in transfers that take his scholarship and/or cut off his avenue to seeing playing time.

Comment

How long have we had offers out to McAndrews, White and Johnson-Arigu? Could it have anything to do with us lacking confidence securing a commitment from anyone from that group?

Comment

Coach Jake was at the Minnesota State Boys BB Tournament today talking to Jackson McAndrew's dad.

Comment

Originally posted by Schack View Post
                          Coach Jake was at the Minnesota State Boys BB Tournament today talking to Jackson McAndrew's dad.
                          Sounds like Jackson's dad played college ball with coach Jake at UND. It's probably why we're still in on his recruitment. He's likely passed us by by now.

Comment

I look forward to Jackson joining us in 2026 after he gives it a shot at a “big school”.

Comment

Sounds like Jackson McAndrew is having himself one heck of a State tournament. Ryan James has been tweeting out top 50 Nationally type of talk.

Comment

Originally posted by orangetennis View Post

Sounds like Jackson's dad played college ball with coach Jake at UND. It's probably why we're still in on his recruitment. He's likely passed us by by now.
                                They did play together at UND …

"Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Working...
                                X