WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2025 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
    Another one coming shortly...
    Was there another SpongeBob tweet? I do not have Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by nadf. View Post

Was there another SpongeBob tweet? I do not have Twitter.
      Not yet but a very well connected individual confirmed.
      #MACtion

Comment

And there's our little yellow friend....
        #MACtion

Comment

And now we wait...
          To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

I’m hoping it’s Tommy A.

Tut said “A great day to be a panther” - that seems like more than usual.

Comment

And there's our little yellow friend....
              Coach G also posting a gif about the same time. He does his own version of the SpongeBob post.

Comment

It's Geon Hutchins.

We've been in on him for a long time and he's a great get.

None of our last 5 scholarship commits have been from Iowa. That is absolute, tangible growth in recruiting. (2 Michigan, Chicago, Twin Cities, Missouri)
                #MACtion

Comment

It's Geon Hutchins.

We've been in on him for a long time and he's a great get.

None of our last 5 scholarship commits have been from Iowa. That is absolute, tangible growth in recruiting. (2 Michigan, Chicago, Twin Cities, Missouri)
                  I was wondering, he just posted about his official visit earlier today. Everything I have been able to read says he has been undervalued.

Comment

The culture change in going from Detroit to Cedar Falls is going to be like when you think you're taking a drink of milk and get orange juice instead lol.

Anyhow, what a fantastic burst of news for UNI Basketball. I know we say this basically every year, but this class is shaping up to be really dang good. Of course we don't usually get a top-100 player, so that'll help.
                    Last edited by sevelev711; 06-10-2024, 01:01 PM.

Comment

• I like it...

To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
                        The culture change in going from Detroit to Cedar Falls is going to be like when you think you're taking a drink of milk and get orange juice instead lol.

Anyhow, what a fantastic burst of news for UNI Basketball. I know we say this basically every year, but this class is shaping up to be really dang good. Of course we don't usually get a top-100 player, so that'll help.
                        Detroit is a very good place to have a pipeline to right now. Juwan barely recruited Detroit and the new guy is just getting started. UNI has a better basketball program than any of the mid majors in the state. It looks like this kid had offers from many of the Michigan mids (as did RJ) and both picked UNI.

Comment

• Awesome news the last couple days! We got a couple great pieces, and it just feels like we are starting to really build some high quality depth and big ceiling kids to the program. It really feels like some big things are on the horizon. Exciting times to be a Panther!

Comment

• If you all want to check out some more highlights of Geon, check out his instagram @retro.ge

There's a lot more video of him from this past year. The kid is a baller! We got some dudes coming to CF!

Comment

• I found a really nice video of Jalen Wilson from his high school games. I like to watch them more than AAU a lot just because the defense and effort seems to be a bit better. He is such a talented kid. I'm really excited to see what he does here. It's the top video on the link:

Check out Jalen Wilson's high school sports timeline including updates while playing basketball at Benilde-St. Margaret's High School (St. Louis Park, MN).

Comment

• Originally posted by PantherAlum09 View Post
                                I found a really nice video of Jalen Wilson from his high school games. I like to watch them more than AAU a lot just because the defense and effort seems to be a bit better. He is such a talented kid. I'm really excited to see what he does here. It's the top video on the link:

https://www.maxpreps.com/mn/st-louis...=u8addn83arb66
                                Doesn't exactly jump out of the gym for a kid his size, but he certainly has a smooth offensive game and has shown the ability to use his length well on the defensive end.

Comment

Working...
                                X