WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Womens Rugby to host Division I Sweet 16 regional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Womens Rugby to host Division I Sweet 16 regional

the UNI Panther Womens Rugby Club will be hosting a Division I Sweet 16 regional tournament this Saturday and Sunday on the UNI rugby pitch, which is located along W. 27th St, west of the UNI-Dome/McLeod Center area..

UNI will take on Air Force at 2:30 p.m. on Sat. 11/15,
    with the winner taking on the winner of the Iowa State v. Indiana match played earlier that day (12:30 p.m.).

The winners will play at 2:30 p.m. on Sunday to determine who advances to the semifinals, played in Florida in December.

Re: Womens Rugby to host Division I Sweet 16 regional

Unfortunately, this will be played at the same time as the football game at SIU is taking place, as well as the MBB game vs. North Dakota and the swim meet vs. Illinois State.

Comment

more info can be found on the UNI womens rugby facebook page:
      University of Northern Iowa Women's Rugby, Cedar Falls, Iowa. 928 likes · 100 were here. A team striving for excellence for over 25 years, the UNI Women's Rugby team believes in hard work, and...

Comment

That's quite awesome. Can you imagine the Air Force Academy coming to Northern Iowa for anything else?

I played against Air Force in a mens tournament in Boulder many, years ago. No big guys but very skilled.

Comment

Originally posted by Neighbor View Post
          That's quite awesome. Can you imagine the Air Force Academy coming to Northern Iowa for anything else?

I played against Air Force in a mens tournament in Boulder many, years ago. No big guys but very skilled.
          Air Force brings a large group of bike riders to RAGBRAI every year. We've rode with them a couple different times.

Comment

UNI won 7-0 and moves on to play Indiana tomorrow at 2:30. Winner goes on to the Final Four!
            EVER LOYAL.

Comment

Go ladies. Going to send my girl up to UNI in a dozen years. A 5' 1" 110# prop.

From my NSA monitored nexus 5

Comment

Originally posted by Panther-at-Arms View Post
                UNI won 7-0 and moves on to play Indiana tomorrow at 2:30. Winner goes on to the Final Four!
                Good luck ladies. As an ex player, I firmly hope your cleats are planted in in the scalps of Indiana, or any other club. Go kick some a$$.

Comment

Originally posted by Trapped in California View Post
                  Go ladies. Going to send my girl up to UNI in a dozen years. A 5' 1" 110# prop.

From my NSA monitored nexus 5
                  You couldn't ask for a better coach for your daughter to play under! Steve is awesome!
                  EVER LOYAL.

Comment

Our girls are awesome.
                    TH1974: This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

What happened on Sunday? Did they even play? There seems to be no news publicly available on the googleweb

Comment

I was wondering the same thing!

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Comment

I had to search for Indiana's facebook page to figure it out. Sounds like we lost 7-0 in overtime. Ladies fought hard in some really crappy conditions and gained some great experience for next year! From the earlier articles it sounds like they are a young team so they should be able to build on this year's success.
                          EVER LOYAL.

Comment

That was a BRUTAL day in BRUTAL conditions! The wind out there was completely unblocked and made very cold conditions into horrible conditions. The game was really hard hitting, too. Is there a rule against wearing gloves to play rugby? If so, they should have waived it. I just noticed that none of the girls seemed to be wearing any kind of gloves.

Great season, as usual, for UNI rugby. Fun to watch.

Comment

Thanks for supporting the team, Sheik!

From what I can tell, IRB (now World Rugby as of today) rules allow for gloves that do not extend past the wrist, or beyond the outer joint of the finger. College rugby is under USA Rugby, which is a member of the IRB, so I would assume the same rule applies.
                              EVER LOYAL.

Comment

Working...
                              X