WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2015 vb schedule posted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 vb schedule posted

Colorado State tournament (@ Fort Collins, CO)
    - F 8/28 UC-Davis - 4:30p
    - S 8/29 Baylor - 2p
    - S 8/29 Colorado State - 8:30p

UNI tournament (@ Cedar Falls, IA)
    - F 9/4 Kentucky - 6:30p
    - S 9/5 Creighton - noon
    - S 9/5 Southern California - 7:30p

Butler tournament (@ Indianapolis, IN)
    - F 9/11 Cincinnati - 1p
    - F 9/11 Butler - 5p
    - S 9/12 Illinois-Chicago - 1p

W 9/16 @Iowa State - 6:30p

Northern Illinois tournament (@ DeKalb, IL)
    F 9/18 Western Kentucky - 4p
    S 9/19 Alabama - 1:30p
    S 9/19 Northern Illinois - 7:30p

F 9/25 Southern Illinois - 7p
    S 9/26 Evansville - 7p

Tu 9/29 @Bradley - 7p
    F 10/02 @Indiana State - 6p
    S 10/03 @Illinois State - 7p

F 10/09 Wichita State - 7p
    S 10/10 Missouri State - 7p

S 10/17 Drake - 7p

Tu 10/20 @Loyola - 5p
    F 10/23 @Evansville - 7p
    S 10/24 @Southern Illinois - 7p

F 10/30 Illinois State - 7p
    S 10/31 Indiana State - 7p

F 11/06 @Missouri State - 7p
    S 11/07 @Wichita State - 7p

S 11/14 @Drake - 7p

F 11/20 Bradley - 7p
    S 11/21 Loyola - 7p

Th 11/26 - Sa 11/28 MVC Tournament (Springfield, MO)
    12 home matches, 13 road matches, 6 neutral site matches

9 matches against opponents that played in the NCAA tournament last fall
    - Creighton and Western Kentucky lost in the first round
    - Kentucky, USC, Iowa State, Alabama, and Illinois State (2 matches) lost in the second round
    - Colorado State made it to the Sweet 16

Note how there is one less weekend of MVC play, with one weekend (in our case, the usual road trip to Bradley and Loyola) being split into two Tues night matches. This allows schools to participate in an extra weekend of nonconference play.

Alas, I will have to decide which I want to attend more: the UNI FB game at Iowa State or the home matches against Creighton and USC.
    Last edited by vbfan19; 09-10-2015, 11:50 AM.

Re: 2015 vb schedule posted

Also, for this year's NCAA tournament, Des Moines in one of the four regional sites (hosting 2 matches of the 3rd round and 1 match of the 4th round), with UNI being the official "host school". Which would mean that if UNI were able to make it to the NCAA tournament, and through the first two rounds, they would be playing fairly close to home for their regional matches. (though admitedly that is somewhat of a long shot)

Comment

found the match times for the Butler tournament:
      - F 9/11 UNI v Cincinnati - 1p
      - F 9/11 UNI @ Butler - 5p
      - S 9/12 UNI v Illinois-Chicago - 1p

Also, this year's Missouri Valley conference volleyball tournament will be hosted by Missouri State.

Comment

volleyball season ticket info came out recently (or at least I got my renewal letter today).

a few changes that they are implementing this season:
        • season ticket holders will be given cards (with a scanable barcode) that can be used throughout the season, instead of individual paper tickets for each match
        • all seating will be general admission, though season ticket holders will be given the opportunity to enter the arena 15 minutes prior to when the doors are opened to the general public
        • No combo-deal with WBB season tix as they have done the past couple years

I'm kinda bummed about the move away from reserved seating. I like sitting in the same seats all year, and it was nice to at least have a claim to them even when I wasn't always able to get there early (for instance, when there is a football game prior to, and sometimes overlapping the start of, the volleyball match.

Comment

So the advantage of a season ticket is you "get" to show up 15 minutes earlier than everyone else to try and get what use to be your seats?????

Unlike a regular season ticket, in most sports, when you could show up whenever and be guaranteed your seats. Where as non-season tickets holders had to show up 15 minutes before everyone else to hope and get a seat!!!

Comment

I'm also disappointed there is no reserved seats.

Comment

I just don't understand the logic behind getting rid of reserved seating. Does it reduce the amount of staffing (ushers or whatever) that they have to utilize? I doubt it.

If anything, this will only discourage people from buying season tickets, as there isn't really much of a point to it. In the past, we've always gotten three season tickets, even though it was usually just two of us attending, but that meant that we had an extra seat to put our coats, popcorn bag, or just for some extra elbow room. Now there isn't really any point to that.

Comment

Were some of the best seats empty in the past? Season ticket holders not using the prime seats and others having to sit behind empty seats?
                "My role is to lead, plain and simple. . . .I with the help of my staff and our administration, we will lead." --Ben Jacobson

Comment

Originally posted by domedays View Post
                  Were some of the best seats empty in the past? Season ticket holders not using the prime seats and others having to sit behind empty seats?
                  I think there were empty seats in the reserved sections not bought by season ticket holders. So anyone could purchase prime seats by walking up to the tix window. Our reasons for wanting reserved seating are knowing we have the same seat that we want every match/game and not have to arrive until after 6:30 pm. They could make the reserved section smaller. Now if we want the same seat, we will need to be there for 1 hr. and 15 minutes before the match/game. Might lose some long-time fans because of that.

Comment

I was also very disappointed to see they did away reserved seating. If they want to go to the cards for tickets fine but they can still put your seat row & number on the card. We are not alway able to get there until 15 to 30 min before the match starts. Now I have to be there an hour and a half early to get the seat I want. Stupid, just plan stupid to punished me for being a season ticket holder.

Comment

So the advantage of getting season tickets is...?

Comment

As a past season ticket holder, we just received an email further explaining the change and that there is indeed one large section for season ticket holders with reserved seats for the upcoming season again.

Comment

Originally posted by Panther AC View Post
                          As a past season ticket holder, we just received an email further explaining the change and that there is indeed one large section for season ticket holders with reserved seats for the upcoming season again.
                          Yes, just received the email too. Sounds like a lot of fans complained big time so UNI changed their tune. Glad they listened to their fans...

Comment

I haven't got an email but did call the ticket office about renewing my season tickets. Ask the little gal about no reserved seating. She said that was correct and never said anything about them now having a reserved seating section or offered it until I unloaded on her. She then said they had a meeting this morning and that now section 114 will be reserved for season ticket holder that want reseved seats.

Comment

Yeah, always classy to go off on the student answering phones in the ticket office making minimum wage that had nothing to do with the decision that hurt your feelings.

Nice move, ace.
                              #MACtion

Comment

Working...
                              X