WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uni wbb

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great win for the women!

Comment

I watched on replay, the first half was kind of ragged, although we played hard the entire game. Great to see Howell returning to form, and Kirkpatrick's scoring is welcome. Bigs in foul trouble continues to be a problem, and Gerrits only played 1 minute, so seems fair to speculate her knee issues are not over.

Comment

Heartbreaking 2 OT loss last night at Creighton. Started out cold and fell behind by double digits. Came back later to lead by 6, I believe. Had a 5 point lead with less than a minute left, but couldn't stop them. We had the ball late with the score tied in OT 1, but couldn't score. Fouls & energy worked against us in OT 2.

Now they have 5 more road games in a 12 day span!!!
        Josh Mahoney, Ellie Blankenship, Adam Koch, Jacqui Kalen, David Johnson, Madison Weekly = Golden Panthers on and off the court.

Comment

Watching the UND game on Pluto TV, down 5 in the 4th qtr, Howell hasn't played. Maahs fouls out.

Comment

Ellie Howell not playing again vs Omaha. Has any reason been announced for her absence?
            Josh Mahoney, Ellie Blankenship, Adam Koch, Jacqui Kalen, David Johnson, Madison Weekly = Golden Panthers on and off the court.

Comment

I haven't seen anything about Howell, other than that she was in a warm-up suit and not a game uniform. Had pants on so couldn't tell if she might have had a knee brace. When Howell and Kirkpatrick were out at the beginning of the season, there was no word either.

We looked good at times, and got a lot of scoring from the younger players. Judging by minutes played we've gone to a 4 guard line-up, at least for this game. But missing Howell is enough to turn wins to losses for this team, especially when we give up a lot of points to the opponent.

Comment

UNI closes non-conference play with a 72-71 win @ Kansas State; 4-7 overall record so far, but keep in mind that the Panthers played the 15th toughest schedule to this point of the season (not updated with today's games yet) and picked up two of their wins against Power 5 opponents (both Big 12 - Iowa State, Kansas State)

Panthers back home next week for Loyola (7pm, 12/29) and Valparaiso (2pm, 12/31) to open MVC action; Free admission for college students in the area by showing a student ID; Plus, there will be something(s) for the Loyola game as part of the MVC's 25 years of women's sports anniversary celebration; Radio/online for Loyola, online for Valparaiso if unable to attend

Comment

A fun but weird game. Against what it probably the tallest team (one 6'7", three 6'4"'s and a 6'3", plus a 6'0" guard) we'll see all season, at their place, we start off with Maahs getting into foul trouble and only playing 16 minutes total. Then, the team that couldn't throw a ball in the ocean from a rowboat against Iowa at home the other night, gets crazy hot from the arc. Then down the stretch one of our best shooters, Howell, can't make a free throw. Then with less than a second, their leading scorer misses a 5 foot bunnie, gets fouled and then misses both free throws. Their two previous losses were to UCLA in Vegas, and Missouri in Columbia.

Interesting fact, Valpo and ISU Red are the only two MVC teams with winning records right now. Preseason favorite Drake is 5-7, and #2 MSU is 4-7.

Comment

That is weird and a very unlikely script. Kennedy Kirkpatrick must sure like going against her home state! I remember back a long time ago when the FB team won two games in Manhattan. They haven't scheduled us since!!

Comment

• Originally posted by '70 Grad View Post
                      That is weird and a very unlikely script. Kennedy Kirkpatrick must sure like going against her home state! I remember back a long time ago when the FB team won two games in Manhattan. They haven't scheduled us since!!
                      three games, actually.

1985 UNI won 10-6
                      1986 UNI won 17-0
                      1989 UNI won 10-8

Comment

• But I only remember two. Must have been drunk for the last one.

Comment

• After Maahs and Simon-Ressler combined for 32 points and 26 rebounds against Drake, I was thinking that Western Dubuque HS must have been a real powerhouse when they were both there. But I didn't recall reading or hearing about them so I looked it up in QwikStats. In 3 seasons from 2013-14 through 2015-16 WD went 72-5 with 3 trips to Des Moines. Also Maahs has a younger sister who is a senior this season.

Comment

Working...
                          X