WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uni wbb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They hid their disappointment well

Comment

• Originally posted by Panther'73 View Post
      UMW was actually on their spring break then got called back when selected for WNIT...
      Was UWM not expecting to get an invite?

UNI had their spring break this week too. Were they in the same situation, or were they told to stick around because they were expecting an invite?

Comment

• Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
        Was UWM not expecting to get an invite?

UNI had their spring break this week too. Were they in the same situation, or were they told to stick around because they were expecting an invite?
        They were not expecting an invite...

Comment

• Saw via Twitter, that we had a couple of juniors go through graduation, Taylor Hagen and Dariann Garrison-Nickerson. Congrats to these players, I can't imagine graduating as a junior. IIRC, neither were introduced on Senior Day. Only Hagen is still listed on the roster, does anyone know if she's actually be returning for her final year of eligibility? She's been a very reliable backup inside during her time here.

Comment

• Originally posted by in_the_stands View Post
            Saw via Twitter, that we had a couple of juniors go through graduation, Taylor Hagen and Dariann Garrison-Nickerson. Congrats to these players, I can't imagine graduating as a junior. IIRC, neither were introduced on Senior Day. Only Hagen is still listed on the roster, does anyone know if she's actually be returning for her final year of eligibility? She's been a very reliable backup inside during her time here.
            I know Taylor is starting grad school this fall at UNI. Don’t know if she’s planning on playing.

Comment

• Thanks! She'll be missed if she decides not to play. We do have some size coming in, plus Gunnels was getting minutes toward the end of last season.

Comment

• Season preview for '18-'19 from the Courier. We'll have a very nice team; one problem, so will Drake.

https://wcfcourier.com/sports/colleg...e1b2ba96c.html

The Register's article:

Last edited by in_the_stands; 10-31-2018, 01:07 PM.

Comment

• Looking at the stats from the women's game vs. Marquette, I noticed Mikaela Morgan didn't play. Anyone know why? I don't remember hearing anything about injury but then those bits of info don't always get out. Just wondering...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bookin' Panther View Post
                    Looking at the stats from the women's game vs. Marquette, I noticed Mikaela Morgan didn't play. Anyone know why? I don't remember hearing anything about injury but then those bits of info don't always get out. Just wondering...
                    Recovering from a concussion in practice last week...

Comment

• Thanks, P73. Do you have any info on how Alyssa Iverson is doing?

That was an ugly score, and I'm sure the staff is not pleased with giving up over 100, but that was some Marquette team. Very athletic, quick, fast and strong. They were the bowling balls and we were the pins. A lot of teams will be losing to them this season. They beat South Dakota State, who is generally among the better mid-majors, by 91-52 last week.

ETA: Morgan due back this week, per the Courier's latest UNI notes.
                      Last edited by in_the_stands; 11-13-2018, 06:58 AM.

Comment

• Today it's UNI @ NIU, confusing sports headline writers everywhere

Comment

• Originally posted by in_the_stands View Post
                          Today it's UNI @ NIU, confusing sports headline writers everywhere
                          is that being played in Cedar Rapids or Decatur?

Comment

• How will they be able to tell the teams apart?
                            Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                            Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                            - George Halas

Comment

• Just a reminder that the ladies are at home on Tuesday, November 20th at 6pm. Free admission with a canned good donation. I hope the crowd is better than the previous game. I can cheer loud but hope I am not cheering alone. 😏

Comment

• Sort of an interesting cycle in the WNIT just wrapped up. We go to Marquette and get athletically over-matched and blown out. Marquette then goes to Miami, who is just as athletic as Marquette around the perimeter and much larger inside. Marquette, who couldn't miss against us, couldn't throw the ball in the ocean from a rowboat and loses. Miami then goes to Iowa State, and gets beaten decisively. We in turn defeated Iowa State the last time we played.

Comment

Working...
                                X