WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uni wbb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by in_the_stands View Post
    Today it's UNI @ NIU, confusing sports headline writers everywhere
    Just to prove a point, the game wrap-up article on UNIPanthers.com mentioned the "University of Northern Illinois" as our opponent. Even we can't get it right!

Comment

• So I just went to Google and did a search for "Tanya Warren" (because I wanted to check her bio, specifically to confirm that Creighton was her alma mater). something looks a bit fishy in the results that came up on the blurb on the right. (I'm on a computer, not a phone/mobile device, which may not have the same layout)

Comment

• Good grief, our coach has been an imposter all this time!!

Comment

• Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
          So I just went to Google and did a search for "Tanya Warren" (because I wanted to check her bio, specifically to confirm that Creighton was her alma mater). something looks a bit fishy in the results that came up on the blurb on the right. (I'm on a computer, not a phone/mobile device, which may not have the same layout)
          You are not losing it. The picture on the Google search is of a different Tanya Warren. If you click further into that search, it will be all of the correct Tanya Warren our coach.

Comment

• Curious what they put tonight's attendance at. I had my season ticket scanned and I brought a canned item which they counted also. I did a rough head count of around 500.

Comment

• All I know is that I'll take a win over Creighton in any sport, at any time.

Comment

• I felt the shooting for UNI was poor for the first half. About four minutes in second half, ladies shooting heated up. We started to pull away. A few 3 pointers made by Creighton made this game look closer than it really was. Great win.
                Last edited by panthergirl123; 11-21-2018, 09:31 PM.

Comment

• Maahs out for season

CEDAR FALLS, Iowa – Preseason All-Conference forward Megan Maahs will miss the remainder of the 2018-19 season after suffering an injury early in UNI's...

I was hoping perhaps it was just a flare up of tendinitis and she'd be ready to go after some rest, but it was not to be. On what little bright side there is, Hagen is a veteran and playing well, and Wolf has been the best of the freshmen so far. Plus Gunnels has played herself into starting at PF, so we're not without viable bigs.

Comment

• Wish more would watch the ladies. A better team than the men.

Comment

• Awesome W for the ladies tonight. A 79 to 50 victory over Nebraska-Omaha.

Comment

• Yes, looked more like the team that played in the championship game last spring. Hagen led all scorers(and looked good doing it), that might be the first time in her UNI career. Another nice game from Rucker. Still waiting for the shooting touch to come around for Gerrits and Simon-Ressler.

In other news, Drake lost to Iowa by 9, and seemed to run out of gas in the 4th quarter after Iowa scrapped their zone and went player. Hittner played well for them, as usual.

Comment

• Nice article on Taylor Hagen:

Blooming Prairie grad Taylor Hagen has played a lot of basketball with her friend and fellow BP grad Madison Worke throughout her life. But things were a little different for Hagen as she took the court for the University of Northern Iowa women’s basketball team in Cedar Falls last Friday night.

Comment

• Indeed, it's a nice article. Only flaw is the mention of UNI being in Cedar Rapids......sigh......guess we'll always have problems with this outside of Iowa.

Comment

• Looks like the article has been corrected.

Comment

• Ladies got a great victory over Southern Illinois tonight. Hoping for a bigger crowd for Sunday's 2pm game at home versus Missouri State. Missouri State just claimed the number one spot tonight in the conference by beating Drake. Our ladies are currently sitting third in the conference.

Comment

Working...
                                X