WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Volleyball 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USC just rolled Creighton in a 3-set sweep. That surprises me, after having watched both teams last night.
    I would have prefered a grueling 5-setter that may have worn out the Bluejays a bit going into their match with UNI tonight, but it wasn't so.

now all four teams sit at 1-1 in the tournament (and 4-1 overall).

Wonder if this loss will dishearten the Creighton players or get them fired up wanting to "right the ship"

Comment

USC just beat Creighton 3-0. All 4 teams are 1-1.

Comment

Originally posted by Panther'73 View Post
        USC just beat Creighton 3-0. All 4 teams are 1-1.
        I love this tournament. Someone said it was renewed for another 4 years, anyone have proof of that?

Comment

Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post

I love this tournament. Someone said it was renewed for another 4 years, anyone have proof of that?
          the announcers/commentators on the video stream of last night's Creighton/Kentucky match were talking about it having been renewed

Comment

Panthers looking really ugly on serve receive tonight, and not sharp in the rest of their play. Might be running out of steam

Comment

Panthers drop their second of the day and of the year to #7 Creighton in straight sets. Next match is the home opener against Northern Illinois.

Comment

Congrats to the Panthers on a very successful first two weekends of the season!
                Entered two tournaments that included 4 games against ranked opponents. Ended up with 4 wins and took one of the losses to 5 games.

They deserve big attendance Tuesday night!

Comment

Originally posted by sivert View Post
                  They deserve big attendance Tuesday night!
                  Creighton had a large and enthusiastic student section on Friday night and it really adds to the atmosphere of the match.
                  I really wish UNI could get that at their home matches. It has happened occasionally (usually for Iowa State "pack the McLeod" matches), and I think they might have had some decent student sections back in the West Gym days, but most matches it seems to be lacking (other than the dedicated pep crew members, who are awesome, just not numerous)

Comment

UNI still in the "receiving votes" section of the new coaches poll.
                    moved up to the virtual 27 spot (though there is a big gap between them and North Carolina at virtual 26)

Creighton dropped two spots to 9 (though 7-9 are all within 13 points).
                    Kentucky stayed at 13
                    USC dropped a spot to 19

Missouri is no longer receiving votes, after dropping another 2 matches this past weekend.
                    Upcoming opponent, Iowa State moved from 25 up to 22
                    Upcoming opponent, Nebraska is at 12 for the second week in a row

Conference-mate Missouri State is toward the bottom of the Receiving Votes list,
                    and former-conference-mate Wichita State moved into the rankings at 23 after their 6-0 start against a challenging schedule

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
                      UNI still in the "receiving votes" section of the new coaches poll.
                      moved up to the virtual 27 spot (though there is a big gap between them and North Carolina at virtual 26)
                      That is some massive disrespect from the pollsters, UNI is 4-2, with wins over previous #19 and current #19, with the only losses to #9 and #13.

UNC is 0-4. With losses to #1, #3, #6, and not receiving. Going 1-12 in sets, their only set win a 27-25 victory against Auburn (NR). I don't care who you lose to, if you haven't a single win so far, you shouldn't be receiving votes. No matter who it's against.

Comment

That is some massive disrespect from the pollsters, UNI is 4-2, with wins over previous #19 and current #19, with the only losses to #9 and #13.

UNC is 0-4. With losses to #1, #3, #6, and not receiving. Going 1-12 in sets, their only set win a 27-25 victory against Auburn (NR). I don't care who you lose to, if you haven't a single win so far, you shouldn't be receiving votes. No matter who it's against.
                        I agree, UNI should be ranked.

Comment

What a kick

Comment

UNI did exactly what they should've done against the 0-7 Northern Illinois, which was defeating them fairly soundly. 25-14, 25-15, 25-21. Strong student section showing, so that's good to see. Up next, another tournament, though this one less of a gauntlet, with Rutgers, South Dakota, and UMKC, If they play like they have been, they'll be 8-2 by the end of the week.

Comment

UNI did exactly what they should've done against the 0-7 Northern Illinois, which was defeating them fairly soundly. 25-14, 25-15, 25-21. Strong student section showing, so that's good to see. Up next, another tournament, though this one less of a gauntlet, with Rutgers, South Dakota, and UMKC, If they play like they have been, they'll be 8-2 by the end of the week.
                              They really should win all three this weekend.
                              Then one week from tonight, they take on another top 25 team when they go to Ames to face Iowa State.
                              And after that, back to Omaha (different gym this time). UNO shouldn't pose much of a threat, but facing both Nebraska and K-State will be quite the challenge.(with only about 3 hours rest between those two matches)

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post

Creighton had a large and enthusiastic student section on Friday night and it really adds to the atmosphere of the match.
                                I really wish UNI could get that at their home matches. It has happened occasionally (usually for Iowa State "pack the McLeod" matches), and I think they might have had some decent student sections back in the West Gym days, but most matches it seems to be lacking (other than the dedicated pep crew members, who are awesome, just not numerous)
                                Personally, I am not much of a volleyball fan. I did get the opportunity to attend last night's match (I was given tickets by a season ticket holder who could not attend.). I was pleasantly surprised at the number of students attending last night. In previous volleyball matches I have attended, the student section has been small. I wish more panther fans would take an interest in the volleyball team as they are consistently competitive and a class program.

Comment

Working...
                                X