WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Volleyball 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would be nice if UNI could implement the challenge review system.
    but I don't think it will happen. UNI generally has decent enough video coverage, but many of the other Valley teams don't.

Comment

After the last 2 challenges by ISU, I would have to disagree.
      "My role is to lead, plain and simple. . . .I with the help of my staff and our administration, we will lead." --Ben Jacobson

Comment

Originally posted by domedays View Post
        After the last 2 challenges by ISU, I would have to disagree.
        all 3 calls were fairly obvious in the reviews.
        and UNI's reversal really saved them.

I still think it would be nice to have, but like I said, it won't happen

Comment

Panthers defeated #19 ISU in 5, winning the final set 15-11. Next up, tournament in Omaha (why yes, we were just there), where #10 Nebraska (and others) await.

Highlight of the match for me was when Iowa State thought they got a point, gave up, and UNI scored on them.

And again, a very strong showing by the Northern Iowa fans.

Comment

Great win!!!! Another #19 goes down.
            "My role is to lead, plain and simple. . . .I with the help of my staff and our administration, we will lead." --Ben Jacobson

Comment

#Bobbi

Kaboom.
              #MACtion

Comment

Neat little fact from UNI Volleyball twitter:

NCAA volleyball teams with three wins over ranked foes in 2017 ... [Florida Gators, Creighton Bluejays] and UNI.

Comment

1. UNI Volleyball just made Mike and Mike on ESPN for a kick over the net (legal) it was a home game.
                  2. I was traveling Western Iowa yesterday and heard on Omaha sports radio a discussion of Univ Nebraska Omaha 4 team tournament with UNO, Nebraska, Kansas State and UNI. The announcers were highly complimentary of UNI and put us on par with Nebraska volleyball.

Comment

Current Iowa Corn Cy-Hawk Standings:

Iowa 5 pts
                    UNI 2
                    ISU 0

Comment

Great win Panthers! Take three in Omaha.

Comment

Originally posted by Neighbor View Post
                        1. UNI Volleyball just made Mike and Mike on ESPN for a kick over the net (legal) it was a home game.
                        2. I was traveling Western Iowa yesterday and heard on Omaha sports radio a discussion of Univ Nebraska Omaha 4 team tournament with UNO, Nebraska, Kansas State and UNI. The announcers were highly complimentary of UNI and put us on par with Nebraska volleyball.
                        High praise indeed, the Huskers are VB royalty.

Comment

Originally posted by Panther93 View Post
                          Current Iowa Corn Cy-Hawk Standings:

Iowa 5 pts
                          UNI 2
                          ISU 0

how are you getting those numbers?

Comment

Panthers are back in Omaha this weekend, playing 3 matches in a 24 hour span.
                            Tonight's match was against the host team, Nebraska-Omaha.
                            UNI wins 3-1 (25-15, 19-25, 25-18, 25-22). A little longer of a match than they would have liked, but it's a win.

Next up, they take on the #10 Nebraska Cornhuskers at noon, followed by a match against Kansas State at 5:30

I really like the look of UNO's volleyball floor. The court itself is a light natural wood, with the rest of the floor having a black finish. Makes for a really nice contrast, with the court really popping visually. Would love to see UNI get a volleyball-only floor, but I doubt that will ever happen.
                            Last edited by vbfan19; 09-15-2017, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
                              Panthers are back in Omaha this weekend, playing 3 matches in a 24 hour span.
                              Tonight's match was against the host team, Nebraska-Omaha.
                              UNI wins 3-1 (25-15, 19-25, 25-18, 25-22). A little longer of a match than they would have liked, but it's a win.

Next up, they take on the #10 Nebraska Cornhuskers at noon, followed by a match against Kansas State at 5:30

I really like the look of UNO's volleyball floor. The court itself is a light natural wood, with the rest of the floor having a black finish. Makes for a really nice contrast, with the court really popping visually. Would love to see UNI get a volleyball-only floor, but I doubt that will ever happen.
                              With the way Harris is raising money, it could happen eventually.

Tomorrow is going to be brutal, I'd absolutely be okay with 1-1, no matter who the win is.

Comment

The K-State match is a must win for at large purposes.

Nebraska would be a huge win. Like to get at least one set in that one.
                                #MACtion

Comment

Working...
                                X