WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mo State Saturday Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mo State Saturday Night

Panther Nation-
    We need to step up and get a huge crowd to the McLeod Center for Saturday night's match against Mo State! This is arguably the biggest match of the year in the McLeod Center and the ladies deserve some big time support. Does anyone know if there are any big pushes on campus or in the community to get people there? If not (and even if there is), let's all do our part to help Pack the Mac on Saturday night!
    The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

I'm driving up from Des Moines, looking forward to a great match. Here's hoping the athletic department can tweet something about the upcoming big games, from their office.
    "My role is to lead, plain and simple. . . .I with the help of my staff and our administration, we will lead." --Ben Jacobson

Comment

It's also Hawaiian night! We'll be there!

Comment

We'll be there Friday night!
        Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
        Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
        - George Halas

Comment

the UNI/Missouri State matches have a tendancy to be closely-fought, exciting matches (much like the UNI/Iowa State matches).
          And given that these two matches (MSU@UNI this Sat, and UNI@MSU late in the season) will most likely determine the regular season conference champion (as well as playing a big part in the at-large chances for either or both teams), these are definitely important matches.

Comment

Already have tickets. Wife and I will be taking 6th grade granddaughter too. She is into volleyball and we want to show her competition at a much higher level than she might see otherwise. She is excited to attend and so are we.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Dog View Post
              Already have tickets. Wife and I will be taking 6th grade granddaughter too. She is into volleyball and we want to show her competition at a much higher level than she might see otherwise. She is excited to attend and so are we.
              Jr high and younger (I think) Panther fans can line up along the side and end lines on the side of the court with the UNI bench, and then during player announcements, the players run down the line giving high fives and the like. The PA announcer gives details about it during the pre-match warmups and the kids start lining up when the prematch countdown clock hits about 5 minutes. If that's something your granddaughter would be interested in.

Comment

Originally posted by Panthers to the Bone View Post
                Panther Nation-
                We need to step up and get a huge crowd to the McLeod Center for Saturday night's match against Mo State! This is arguably the biggest match of the year in the McLeod Center and the ladies deserve some big time support. Does anyone know if there are any big pushes on campus or in the community to get people there? If not (and even if there is), let's all do our part to help Pack the Mac on Saturday night!
                So I am old and not big social media guy but is anything being done to promote this match? Not sure what Hawaiian night is but it doesn't strike me as a real draw.
                David Harris has been getting positive comments from people, and traditionally our marketing department has not had positive comments. Harris has made moves to get money for parking and donation money with the new basketball seating system. Has he done anything on his end to draw people in?
                This volleyball team has done their part.
                "My role is to lead, plain and simple. . . .I with the help of my staff and our administration, we will lead." --Ben Jacobson

Comment

Originally posted by domedays View Post

So I am old and not big social media guy but is anything being done to promote this match? Not sure what Hawaiian night is but it doesn't strike me as a real draw.
                  David Harris has been getting positive comments from people, and traditionally our marketing department has not had positive comments. Harris has made moves to get money for parking and donation money with the new basketball seating system. Has he done anything on his end to draw people in?
                  This volleyball team has done their part.
                  Not particularly, but I expect the turnout to be pretty strong regardless. Fans show up when it's time to face scrub losers, I'm sure they'll show up for the biggest home game of the year.

Comment

Tonight is the night! Pack the Mac! 7-0 UNI vs 7-0 Missouri State! Be loud for the #20 Panthers! 7pm
                    The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

the football game was a pleasant surprise.
                      Now time to head to the McLeod for a great volleyball match.
                      Go Panthers, beat the Bears!

Comment

Have to give credit where its due, Bears are looking really good tonight. We're going to get 3-0'd at this rate.
                        Last edited by in_the_stands; 10-14-2017, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Problem is we're playing like garbage for the first half of the set, then turn it up towards the end, but by then the damage is done.

Comment

We have an awesome team, but the Bears showed why they were the preseason favorite. Exposed our defense all night.

Comment

I'm incredibly disappointed right now. It was absolutely a case of UNI beating UNI. I haven't checked the sheet yet but from what I saw, UNI was hitting it out of bounds, into the net, violations of all sorts, meanwhile MSU was hitting dead on, keeping it clean.

The at large is probably gone too, so here's hoping to winning the MVC.

Panthers face Drake next Tuesday, and then begin the second leg of the Valley play next Friday.

Comment

Working...
                              X