WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Softball 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Softball 2018

Early February means it's time for Panther SB to take the field in the Dome! Tournament starts Friday at 10:15 with the Jackrabbits vs. UMKC; our first game is at 2:45 vs. SEMO, then vs. Wisc-Green Bay at 5.

Panthers are the 3rd place pre-season pick in the MVC: http://unipanthers.com/news/2018/1/3...?path=softball

I see Bunch & Spencer got preseason MVC honors and we lost 4 to graduation. Any predictions on the season?

Comment

Panthers are 4-0 heading into their final game this afternoon at 4:15 in the UNIDome Classic. GO PANTHERS!

Comment

I saw part of game two, had no idea Brooke Craig could throw that hard. Also some of the game that Olejniczak pitched, she looked pretty good. I'm still a bit bummed that Bailey Lange transferred, but we've got a pretty good shot at having three solid pitchers.

The ESPN announcers said that coach Jacobs told them the new turf plays bouncier that the old did. I couldn't tell one way or another on TV. I'm hoping we'll still have the option of playing home conference series inside if the weather is crap (providing the Dome isn't already scheduled for something else).

Comment

I'm still confused as to why Lange transferred and why she was granted a full release so that she wouldn't have to sit out a year. At least WSU isn't in our conference any more but nothing would seem to suggest that Lange was having issues here at UNI

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
            I'm still confused as to why Lange transferred and why she was granted a full release so that she wouldn't have to sit out a year. At least WSU isn't in our conference any more but nothing would seem to suggest that Lange was having issues here at UNI
            I was told she only wanted to play outfield and not pitch at all, but coaches wanted her in the pitch rotation. Conflict...

Comment

Originally posted by Panther'73 View Post

I was told she only wanted to play outfield and not pitch at all, but coaches wanted her in the pitch rotation. Conflict...
              Well she didn't win that battle at WSU so...I call bs on her excuse if that's what was truly said about it. Based on some articles by WSU you'd get the impression that she's excited about pitching.

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post

Well she didn't win that battle at WSU so...I call bs on her excuse if that's what was truly said about it. Based on some articles by WSU you'd get the impression that she's excited about pitching.
                Very possible, when I asked that’s what I was told. All the best to her....

Comment

Yup. Sorry she didn't want to be here, but no point in staying if you're unhappy.

Comment

Softball ladies had a very good day today. Two wins in Florida. Beat Quinnipiac 2-1 and host school Central Florida 11-0 in 5 innings. I guess we'll never get invited back there again.

Comment

Another good day in Florida as softball beats George Washington 11-3 in 5 and Kennesaw St 8-0 in 5 innings.

Comment

I had a look at the stats - right now we have 6 players hitting .400 or better. Only problem is only 2 HR's so far. Team ERA is 1.02, including Courtney Krodinger at 0.00 over 3 innings (I don't recall that she's pitched before while at UNI). Probably not possible to maintain those numbers, especially with Florida State and Alabama coming up next weekend, but sure looks nice at the moment.

Comment

Just a softball update. Ladies sitting at 9-6. They have had a rough stretch recently. Hopefully, this weekend's games in Nashville will be better.

Comment

The ladies won their game today 4-1. Glad to see a victory after a series of losses.

Comment

So with this weekend's games being moved to Springfield, the team will then have played 31 straight road games (not counting 3 cancellations). Five in the dome (thank heaven & Uncle Stan) to start the season, road warriors (typical northern team), and then FINALLY eight of the last 11 at home!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X