WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Softball 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by panthergirl123 View Post
    The softball team is in Cedar Falls this weekend versus Indiana State. With recent weather, probably in the Dome again. On the 24th, UNI travels to Des Moines to take on Drake again.
    Update: Sunday cancelled. Saturday will be a doubleheader at Dome starting at 2pm vs. Indiana State. Also on ESPN3

Comment

?? Apparently the Dome is not being made available on Sunday for some reason, and there isn't confidence that Robinson-Dresser will be playable. However, Iowa/ISU/Drake have been on their fields despite the snow. Our local youth soccer teams are now playing and AFAIK our snowfall has been similar to Cedar Falls in timing and amount. This has been a weird season.

Also, it looks like the new ESPN+ thing is in some kind of transition period - the WatchESPN app I'd been using on my Roku has now been replaced by a different app. The last UNI game I was able to access was ISU; last weekends' games were supposed to be view-able on ESPN+, though that requires an additional paid subscription. They claim a 30 day free trial period, but when I tried to sign up the first thing they wanted was credit card info. I don't trust most sports streaming apps, especially new ones so I passed. But, I was able to watch last weekends' Aces/Redbirds and Trees/Salukis games via the app without extra fees just like under ESPN3 So now our Saturday DH does say ESPN3 and not ESPN+, so I'm wondering why the back-and-forth?
      Last edited by in_the_stands; 04-20-2018, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Get used to the ESPN3/ESPN+ thing. ESPN is going to intentionally place games on both so that they can bill your ISP for ESPN3 access and get your $5 per month with ESPN+. Can't blame them as they have to try to make up for the revenue they're losing while they're still on the hook for all the rights fees they've promised.

For Football and MBB, league produced games will be on ESPN3, school produced games will be on ESPN+. The vast majority of VB, WBB, Soccer and SB will be on ESPN+ going forward.

As far as I know, the only way you get a free 30 days of ESPN+ is if you have an ISP that doesn't support ESPN3 (incredibly rare). It's going to cost you the money. There's just no way around it.
        #MACtion

Comment

*sigh* Yeah, I'm sure you're right.

Comment

Well now the Sunday game is back on, 1 PM at Robinson-Dresser. Until the next tweet from UNI Softball, anyway. I think we're still playing Indiana State, but maybe not. Also most likely subject to change, but for now the Saturday games are on ESPN3, not "+". Not easy to find on the Roku app, have to first change from "Featured" to "Browse", then go to the Sports line, select "See All", select "Softball" then "See All" again, and that should allow selecting the UNI/Indiana State game. If not, keep looking for another "See All" button, or else yank out the Roku and stomp it into pieces and then find a book to read, or maybe go for a walk.

Comment

Originally posted by in_the_stands View Post
              Well now the Sunday game is back on, 1 PM at Robinson-Dresser. Until the next tweet from UNI Softball, anyway. I think we're still playing Indiana State, but maybe not. Also most likely subject to change, but for now the Saturday games are on ESPN3, not "+". Not easy to find on the Roku app, have to first change from "Featured" to "Browse", then go to the Sports line, select "See All", select "Softball" then "See All" again, and that should allow selecting the UNI/Indiana State game. If not, keep looking for another "See All" button, or else yank out the Roku and stomp it into pieces and then find a book to read, or maybe go for a walk.
              or if you're in the Cedar Falls area, head on out and watch the game in person. Should be a nice day for it.

Comment

This game will not be broadcast on TV tomorrow. That info was just released by the UNI athletic department.
                Last edited by panthergirl123; 04-21-2018, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
                  or if you're in the Cedar Falls area, head on out and watch the game in person. Should be a nice day for it.
                  This sounds like a pretty good plan

Comment

The ladies dropped their game to Drake. Will be back in Cedar Falls this weekend versus Illinois State.

Comment

We take the Redbird series 2-1; Loyola earns more noteriety by becoming the first MVC team to defeat Drake (who had already clinched).

Comment

This might be bad news, or it might be good news, but there is a pic on the SB Instagram page that shows the team at the recent 50th Anniversary of Womens Athletics gathering in the West Gym, and Spencer's left arm is in a sling.

Comment

Originally posted by in_the_stands View Post
                          This might be bad news, or it might be good news, but there is a pic on the SB Instagram page that shows the team at the recent 50th Anniversary of Womens Athletics gathering in the West Gym, and Spencer's left arm is in a sling.
                          She had a bicep tear. It was repaired with surgery. She is in sling for another couple weeks then 3-5 months of rehab. She’s not sure about spring ball, depends on healing. She has a medical redshirt available if necessary.

Comment

Thanks. Hopefully Craig and Olejniczak will be back in form after getting a lot of experience last season, plus incoming freshman Hannah Kelly had an 0.56 ERA at Davenport Assumption. And Courtney Krodinger is presumably still available, and got better as the season went on. So I think we could get by in the circle if Spencer isn't ready. Her bat would be missed, though.

Comment

Olejniczak was wearing an inflatable cast on her arm after the Upper Iowa game. Spencer still in a sling. I overheard the mom of one of the freshmen saying there are 5 pitchers on the roster. Don't know if that includes Courtney Krodinger. Also, there are 7 new players listed on the roster, uniform numbers and positions not yet listed. One of them, wearing #10, had an HR and a triple, as well as played 3B, SS & 2B. There was also an outfielder wearing #1, two pitchers wearing #22 and #27, and a catcher wearing #6.

Comment

Working...
                              X