WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Volleyball 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panthers look like they want to end that 6 game losing streak against MSU. Take the first set, only giving up 11.

Comment

Ton of errors end mistakes cost set 2, 25-22

Comment

Panthers needed to come back, but they win set 3, 25-22.

Comment

Going to set 5 in Springfield after Panthers let the 22-20 lead slip away. Momentum definitely on MSU's side right now.

Comment

won't have to worry about that ncaa hosting talk anymore. UNI is going to lose this match

Comment

too many f***ing hitting errors. cost them the match

Comment

Wow! What a frickin come back!

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
                  too many f***ing hitting errors. Cost them the match
                  oh i'm sorry i can't hear you from all the uni fight going on!

Comment

Panthers snap a 6 game losing streak to MSU by taking set 5 17-15. That brings them up to 9-0 in MVC play, and will probably boost them into the top 25. And VBfan is right, there is no reason UNI should've won that game, other than TWTW.
                    Last edited by sevelev711; 10-13-2018, 08:28 PM.

Comment

• Next week they play Drake at home, before a (probably) Top-25 matchup against the Big East's Marquette.

Comment

• Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post

oh i'm sorry i can't hear you from all the uni fight going on!
                        good, was hoping for the reverse jinx. still way too many hitting errors.
                        even with their struggles starting the season, I could tell that the Bears were starting to click and that UNI would be in for a challenge. That, paired with Karlie having an off night made things way too close. Glad they were able to pull it out.

The UNI "radio" (web audio only) stream had an off night too, Getting an error whenever I tried to load the stream pregame, had it for a short while in the 1st set, then nothing after that. Had to listen to the Missouri State announcers. ick.

Comment

• Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
                          Next week they play Drake at home, before a (probably) Top-25 matchup against the Big East's Marquette.
                          depends how those in the 20-25 spots (and the other teams receiving votes) did this week. non-sweeps against SIU and MoState aren't really going to impress the voters (not sure if they'd necessarily break into the rankings even if they had swept).
                          A win over Marquette would definitely move the needle though. Not that breaking back into the rankings really matters in the big picture, but it makes the fans and local sportswriters happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post

good, was hoping for the reverse jinx. still way too many hitting errors.
                            even with their struggles starting the season, I could tell that the Bears were starting to click and that UNI would be in for a challenge. That, paired with Karlie having an off night made things way too close. Glad they were able to pull it out.

The UNI "radio" (web audio only) stream had an off night too, Getting an error whenever I tried to load the stream pregame, had it for a short while in the 1st set, then nothing after that. Had to listen to the Missouri State announcers. ick.
                            I was watching watching the game, and I can assure you that whatever was being described on the radio was not as bad as how it actually was. Like, when the announcers said the phrase said "attack error by UNI" for the 800th time, I can assure you that it was not nearly as close as you were probably picturing. I legitimately don't know how they escaped Springfield with a win, but I will take it 10 times out of 10.

Comment

• Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
                              depends how those in the 20-25 spots (and the other teams receiving votes) did this week. non-sweeps against SIU and MoState aren't really going to impress the voters (not sure if they'd necessarily break into the rankings even if they had swept).
                              A win over Marquette would definitely move the needle though. Not that breaking back into the rankings really matters in the big picture, but it makes the fans and local sportswriters happy.
                              Number 25 lost twice, and Numbers 23 and 27 lost once (so far). We'll be in, if for no other reason than lack of options. I definitely am going to that Marquette game, I know it won't be a full house, but I certainly hope for a better than usual crowd.
                              Last edited by sevelev711; 10-13-2018, 08:50 PM.

Comment

• Wow! You guys are dramatic. Yes, Taylor had an off night and Seehase had alot of errors also. My biggest worry for this team is their inconsistency. A great comeback. On to the next opponent.

Comment

Working...
                                X