WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Volleyball 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
    Kind of amusing that the volleyball match ended at almost the exact same time as the football game (well, within a minute or so, given the difference in time delay between radio broadcast and espn video feed)
    It was interesting for me personally. I was watching football live and having volleyball stats uploaded to my phone. I missed seeing the INT from the football game because I was watching a stats update. Great news was victories for both UNI teams.

Comment

• Missouri Valley Conference tournament schedule:
      Springfield, MO (hosted by Missouri State University)
      (all times CST)
      All matches streamed on ESPN+

Thurs. 11/22/18:
      5 pm: #3 Bradley Braves vs. #6 Drake Bulldogs
      7:30 pm: #4 Valparaiso Crusaders vs. #5 Missouri State Bears

Fri. 11/23/18:
      5 pm: #2 Illinois State Redbirds vs. [Bradley/Drake winner]
      7:30 pm: #1 UNI Panthers vs. [Valpo/MSU winner]

Sat. 11/24/18:
      4 pm: Championship match

(since MSU is hosting, the schedule is set up so that any potential MSU match is in the later timeslot, which kind of stinks for UNI, since it makes for a shorter turnaround between the semifinal and the championship match, should they win on Friday. but oh well)

Comment

• Originally posted by panthergirl123 View Post

Great news was victories for both UNI teams.
        And basketball, wonder when the last time UNI won in 3 sports on the same day was? Seems like a long time ago, but it probably wasn't.
        GO PANTHERS!

Comment

• Thanks Gonzo . Forgot about basketball. Yes, it is great to have all 3 victories.

Comment

God I am so not looking forward to playing MSU. UNI could be 30-0 and MSU 0-30 and I would be incredibly nervous. Rooting for Valpo so hard.

Comment

• Yup, we have to hope the Bears are looking ahead to us and get surprised by Valpo. With our season-long inconsistency, I don't see us beating MSU in Springfield a second time.

Comment

• Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
                God I am so not looking forward to playing MSU. UNI could be 30-0 and MSU 0-30 and I would be incredibly nervous. Rooting for Valpo so hard.
                Valpo did just win in Springfield yesterday (friday), but it was a 5-setter ,and MSU won when they played at Valpo.

UNI has struggled against both teams (though they were ultimately victorious in all the matches), and actually struggled against Valpo a bit more, statistically.

Playing a match against Valpo (23-9, RPI in the 60s or 70s) would be better for UNI's RPI, compared to playing a match against MSU (17-14, RPI around 100). Though that doesn't really matter anymore, since UNI is out of the running for a top 16 seed, but is pretty much assured of an at-large bid, even with a loss in the semifinals.

Comment

Missouri Valley Conference tournament schedule:

Fri. 11/23/18:
                  5 pm: #2 Illinois State Redbirds vs. [Bradley/Drake winner]

Sat. 11/24/18:
                  4 pm: Championship match
                  I thought the MVC had a rule that they must have at least 24 hours between matches, maybe I misread something in another thread

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple member View Post

I thought the MVC had a rule that they must have at least 24 hours between matches, maybe I misread something in another thread
                    That's a great point. I'm assuming the championship will be a double forfeit. Absolutely no way you can expect Division I athletes to play that schedule
                    #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

That's a great point. I'm assuming the championship will be a double forfeit. Absolutely no way you can expect Division I athletes to play that schedule
                      true. it's as unethical as forcing Division I football players to play a game that starts at 1 p.m.

Comment

Working...
                      X