WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

11/9/2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11/9/2018

This Friday, UNI volleyball hosts Missouri State in the McLeod, with the match beginning at 6 p.m., and UNI womens basketball hosts Delaware (also in the McLeod) in a game slated to start at 8:30
    Of course, if the volleyball match runs long, the basketball game will start a bit late.

I'm wondering if they clear out the arena between the two events, or if someone that attends volleyball could stay for the basketball game. (even if they don't officially have a "volleyball ticket gets you into basketball" deal, I wonder if they'd actually bother clearing people out of the stands. Of course, there would be at least 45 minutes between the two events (taking down the volleyball setup, putting up the basketball setup, and team warmups). And of course, it isn't like basketball tickets are THAT expensive, but anyway.

I'm also curious if they pull up the taped-down volleyball lines prior to the basketball game, or just play over them.

I highly doubt they will clear out thw arena. Not worth it...

Also, state playoffs will be going on that day/night in the Dome, and CF plays at 7pm.
    UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
    iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Are both going to be available on ESPN+?
      "People will talk about getting into the playoffs - don't give a ****. This isn't about just getting to the playoffs. Bull**** programs care about just getting to the playoffs."
      -A twist on Matt Campbell getting Iowa State bowl eligible.

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
        I highly doubt they will clear out the arena. Not worth it...

Also, state playoffs will be going on that day/night in the Dome, and CF plays at 7pm.
        Agreed. You would think they would allow volleyball ticketholders to stay but women's basketball ticketholders get seat preference for basketball game. I am just using the same rationale of what happens when football ticketholders come to volleyball matches when their football tickets get them in. However, you never know.

Comment

There's zero chance they're clearing the arena.

Why they accept having home volleyball matches during this weekend has always baffled me. Just a massive headache.

My biggest concern is if Missouri State was okay with playing an hour early. There is nothing more sacred in all of sports that the start times of volleyball matches.
          #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
            There's zero chance they're clearing the arena.

Why they accept having home volleyball matches during this weekend has always baffled me. Just a massive headache.

My biggest concern is if Missouri State was okay with playing an hour early. There is nothing more sacred in all of sports that the start times of volleyball matches.
            "People will talk about getting into the playoffs - don't give a ****. This isn't about just getting to the playoffs. Bull**** programs care about just getting to the playoffs."

Comment

Originally posted by clenz View Post

y'all must have really been butthurt when they scheduled the Illinois State football game for a 1 p.m. kickoff and volleyball wasn't even at home that weekend.

Comment

Geez. Why did this topic have to go into that volleyball scheduling/1 PM football debate again? If you refer to my earlier response, I am guessing that is how athletic department will handle it. Meaning just like football game ticketholders when they use their ticket for volleyball.

Comment

Since we are talking game times again, what time is the game next Saturday (17th?)... I've seen 2pm online but the scoreboard said 4pm on Saturday.
                  If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
                    y'all must have really been butthurt when they scheduled the Illinois State football game for a 1 p.m. kickoff and volleyball wasn't even at home that weekend.
                    Family weekend. I think we can all live with that.

And to clarify another question from above. The 17th is a 4:00 kick.
                    #MACtion

Comment

And I found my answer from a UNI Volleyball facebook post.
                      Join us for a night full of UNI Athletics! First your Panther Volleyball team takes on Missouri State starting at 6 pm. Next your Women's Basketball team takes the court to face off against Delaware in the first round of the preseason WNIT! One ticket gets you into both games so be sure to come and support your Panthers!

Comment

Originally posted by panthergirl123 View Post
                        Geez. Why did this topic have to go into that volleyball scheduling/1 PM football debate again? If you refer to my earlier response, I am guessing that is how athletic department will handle it. Meaning just like football game ticketholders when they use their ticket for volleyball.
                        Nah. We all agreed from the start that Family Weekend is a different animal and that a 1PM kick time on Family Weekend actually makes sense and is accepted as the "correct" start time .

Comment

I wish they would stop putting everything on Facebook. That might be great for reaching people's moms, but let's move into the 2nd half of the 2010's already.
                          Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                          Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                          - George Halas

Comment

Working...
                          X