WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 VB NCAA tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panthers Trail 8 to 4 as the teams switch sides.
    Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
    Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
    - George Halas

Comment

Tied at 10 in the 5th! *Bites nails*
      Victory for U-N-I!

- George Halas

Comment

After pulling ahead 11 to 10 in the 5th set, the Panthers end up falling 15 to 13. Great effort but not quite enough. Great season!
        Victory for U-N-I!

- George Halas

Comment

Ouch. Don't know if it's less painful to lose by a whisker or get blown out. OTOH our reward for winning would have been facing Wisconsin and their 6'8" middle.

Comment

A tough end to the season. 2-0 comebacks are hard to pull off, and they came literally as close as possible without being able to do it.

Comment

I had a feeling that Pepperdine's serving would cause problems for UNI.
              Was glad they were able to turn things around for a bit and make a match of it.
              Too bad they couldn't pull it off in the end, though.
              Still an enjoyable season to follow along with. Thanks ladies, you're the best!
              (not that I think any of the team read this board. but I felt like typing it anyway)

Comment

This marks the end of the Thomas-Taylor power duo, I will miss it very much.

Comment

Originally posted by in_the_stands View Post
                  This marks the end of the Thomas-Taylor power duo, I will miss it very much.
                  Best of luck to Piper in the USMC, if she indeed pursues that path (or whatever other direction she goes in), and best of luck to Kendyl and Lexi as well.

Comment

sucks to lose, but the way they battled back (both from being down 0-2 in sets and forcing the tiebreak, and from being down 5-9 in the fifth and coming back to tie it) made it an exciting match.

And with the opponent being Pepperdine, with their off-the-court story of the past month, with the nearby bar shooting and the wildfires and evacuations (see this article for some perspective), the loss doesn't sting as much as it might otherwise would have.

Comment

Working...
                    X