WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 Softball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by '70 Grad View Post
    Panthers over the Hawkeyes 4 - 2.
    I was pleased to see a nice crowd today. I was less than pleased to see so many t.v. cameras from far corners of the state. I was close to asking KCCI 8 if he used Garmin or Magellan to find their way. So sad that it took a tragic situation for them to show up at a softball game. Damn vultures.

Comment

Purple ribbons worn by both teams at the Drake-ISU game...

Comment

The softball ladies swept the weekend series at Loyola in Chicago. They finished third in the MVC regular season.

Loyola men's basketball coach Porter Moser was at the Sunday game. Hie real life personality matches his on the court persona.

Comment

Sammy Bunch was named MVC player of the year.
          MVC PLAYER OF THE YEAR

Sammey Bunch earns the leagues highest honor after an amazing season! Congratulations Sammey!

Comment

UNI beat Illinois State 7-2 in the quarterfinals yesterday, and then defeated SIU in the semifinals today 2-0 thanks to a 2-run homer by Sammy Bunch in the 6th.
            Panthers will face the #1 seed Drake Bulldogs in the Championship Game tomorrow at 1 pm.

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
              Panthers will face the #1 seed Drake Bulldogs in the Championship Game tomorrow at 1 pm.
              Game actual starts at 2pm today. GO Panthers!

Comment

Originally posted by panthergirl123 View Post

Game actual starts at 2pm today. GO Panthers!
                lie detector determined, that was a lie.

Comment

Actually, unipanthers.com news release posted 1pm (VBFAN19 was correct on that). However, schedule under that website listed 2pm. Update: due to weather in Peoria preliminary new start time 5:02pm.

Comment

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.

I may have been wrong in my original statement, I was just pulling my info from whatever site I was on watching the live stats of the semifinal game (I cancelled my ESPN+ subscription after the fall seasons were over).

In any case, the game time was changed due to weather, and has been pushed back even further, currently slated for a start time of 6-ish PM. (subject to further modification or postponement)

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
                      I may have been wrong in my original statement, I was just pulling my info from whatever site I was on watching the live stats of the semifinal game (I cancelled my ESPN+ subscription after the fall seasons were over).

In any case, the game time was changed due to weather, and has been pushed back even further, currently slated for a start time of 6-ish PM. (subject to further modification or postponement)
                      As I said earlier, both vbfan19 and i were correct on time based on posted information. Mine was from unipanthers.com. Ultimately, game was delayed due to weather.

Sadly, UNI lost to Drake in the championship game today. Thanks for a great season ladies!

Comment

Pretty impressive year for women's sports at UNI overall.

Strong years in softball, basketball and volleyball.

And the women's teams also have a really impressive track record academically. Keep it up gals...you're doing it right.
                        Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Working...
                        X