WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Volleyball scrimmage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volleyball scrimmage

anyone attend last nights event?
    how did the new players look?
    Where was Jaydlyn?

Jaydlin is out recovering from a shoulder injury (or something along those lines), I think. She was there, just not in uniform

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
      Jaydlin is out recovering from a shoulder injury (or something along those lines), I think. She was there, just not in uniform
      How did the team look? I know scrimmages don't usually show a full picture but your perspective of what you saw last night.

Comment

So, Longhorn network - is that pay? What are watching for Friday night?

Comment

Originally posted by sivert View Post
          I could be wrong, but I think LHN is only viewable if you have a "provider" that carries it. Similar to the multitude of "conference networks" that bloat cable providers.

I plan on just letting CKS paint a mental picture of the match with his play-by-play

Comment

Longhornnetwork.com has a list of providers. You may want to check that out if you are interested in seeing it live. It looked to be primarily regional but did see some nationwide carriers as well. If you are interested, I would check and see if your provider is on the list.
            Last edited by panthergirl123; 08-28-2019, 06:27 AM. Reason: Not awake when i posted originally. Lol.

Comment

I get it on Direct Tv with the expanded sports package

Comment

I believe you can watch it on ESPN or ESPN+ as they are part of the LHN.

Comment

Originally posted by HellSloth View Post

I believe you can watch it on ESPN or ESPN+ as they are part of the LHN.
                  LHN is part of the "espn family of networks", but I think you only get access to it if your provider carries it (and I don't think CFU does, which is fine by me, as 99.9% of the time I have zero interest in watching anything on it)

Comment

Jay, what is your take on the new match times in the Valley? Will it help attendance?

(I'm not even being a smartass here....)
                    #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                      Jay, what is your take on the new match times in the Valley? Will it help attendance?
                      Personally, as a fan of both football and volleyball, I don't think I will like it. With UNI playing their home FB games at 4, and the standard Saturday vb conference matches set for 5 pm, it means more overlap with both FB and VB playing at the same time. There aren't any dates this year where both teams are playing at home at the same time, thank goodness, but there are some road VB matches where I'll have to decide if I want to go to the football game or watch the ESPN+ stream of volleyball.

Attendance-wise, I don't know what kind of impact it will have. It's possible that it could make it easier for more families to attend volleyball matches, since they'll be getting done earlier, but I could also see it making it tougher for some people to make it to a 6 pm Friday match if they have to work until 5 pm or something, and 5 pm Saturday matches might conflict with more Saturday afternoon plans.

I'm guessing the change was made more with the idea of the student athletes not having to have quite as late of nights on match days.

Comment

Working...
                      X