WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Women's Basketball: 2019-2020 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by panthergirl123 View Post
    Sunday's game was a pink out with donations originally scheduled by each coach to donate $25 for every 3 pointer made by their team to the Beyond Pink organization. Updated yesterday, each coach is going to donate $25 for any 3 pointer that was made during the game by either team. Also, Dr. Sharon Duclos the same. What a classy move by Coach Stein of Southern Illinois to join in. At the end of the day, $825 raised for the Beyond Pink team.
    Two thumbs up!!!!

Comment

Start tonight at ISUb about as cold as weather outside. Leading at the half, but sure poor showing at both ends of the court against a 3-20 team. Must have a dozen turnovers. The Panthers can play so much better than this.

Comment

Real good start to 3rd quarter, but not a good end. Going into 4th quarter leading by 6. Not comfortable lead at all. Lots of jacked up 3's and no inside game.

Comment

Panthers snooze and they lose. May have lost at large bid to the dance.

Comment

Yup, just got out-played down the stretch and were dominated inside. IMHO, the Valley will get 2 teams in the NCAA between MSU, Drake and Bradley. What we might have lost tonight was a WNIT bid. Hard to believe this is the same team that won at Missouri and beat Iowa by 20.

Comment

Too many turnovers.

Comment

Originally posted by in_the_stands View Post
                Yup, just got out-played down the stretch and were dominated inside. IMHO, the Valley will get 2 teams in the NCAA between MSU, Drake and Bradley. What we might have lost tonight was a WNIT bid. Hard to believe this is the same team that won at Missouri and beat Iowa by 20.
                Whatever the at large bid, it is gone. I think the team has regressed since the first games of the season. Iowa game would probably swing the opposite way if played tonight. No inside game at either end of the court. Silly turnovers and critical missed free throws.

Comment

Yeah, coach Warren's teams typically are playing their best ball at this time of the season but have some struggles early. Eg, Iowa typically kills us when we play in late Nov. or early Dec, then we get it together and do well in the MVC. This season has been the opposite, more like what the men had been having previously.

Maahs had good numbers, but by herself, she isn't enough inside.

Comment

This is not the usual manner in which the women's team plays. I agree. They generally start slow in early part of the season and then continue to get better and better as a season goes along. It will be tough to make 20 wins this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by panthergirl123 View Post
                      This is not the usual manner in which the women's team plays. I agree. They generally start slow in early part of the season and then continue to get better and better as a season goes along. It will be tough to make 20 wins this season.
                      I agree with 6 more wins looking to be a stretch. Start today at Evansville not good either.

Comment

• Facing a team that has 3 wins on the season and none this year in the Valley and can only put up 10 points in first quarter. Winner today may not score 40.

Comment

• 10 ahead at the half. Aces can't make baskets and Panthers make some and that is the difference in the game.

Comment

• A little better 2nd half. A win is a win.

Comment

• For some reason I had it in my head that today's game started at 2pm cst. Maybe that is what I am used to for the weekend game time. I caught the game midway into the 3rd quarter till the end. Nice victory of 67 to 49.

Comment

• Originally posted by panthergirl123 View Post
                                For some reason I had it in my head that today's game started at 2pm cst. Maybe that is what I am used to for the weekend game time. I caught the game midway into the 3rd quarter till the end. Nice victory of 67 to 49.
                                You saw the best part of the game. First half was not good...kind of a repeat of earlier this week.

Comment

Working...
                                X