WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Women's Basketball: 2019-2020 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ladies back home Thursday night at 6:30pm vs. Illinois State. Going to be a tough game. I know they are playing at same time as men. Would be nice to see people come out and support the team tomorrow.

Comment

• Agree, have to say it's possible we could drop both games. In the mid-pack of the MVC which at the moment includes us, IL St, SUI, Loyola & Valpo, two are going to end up playing on Thursday in the tournament - coach Warren's assignment is to ensure we're not one of them. However, next week is the trip to Loyola & Valpo, and then we finish hosting Drake, so what looked to me at one time to be an easier 2nd half of the MVC schedule is now looking really rugged.

As the TV announcers have been saying, the MVC is strong this season, not only at the top but in the middle. Even the Trees, despite a lot of losses, are playing much better now and I think could win a game in Moline.

Comment

• Coach W was not happy
        https://wcfcourier.com/sports/colleg...c93323a18.html

Comment

• Last night was a tough night to be a Panther. Both BB teams had very winnable games and just crumbled.

Comment

• Team looked flat in the first half. Shooting 22 percent was painful to watch in the stands. Had chances in the 4th quarter to put it away before end of regulation and didn't. Sadly, ladies were flat in overtime also.

Hopefully, Saturday's game will be better. Bradley is a very tough team. If not, game could be ugly.

Comment

• Good start today, but sure faded in 2nd quarter. Shooting has been terrible. Shocked we aren't down by more than 7.

Comment

• Really good 3rd quarter. Better at both ends of the court. Lead by three. Hope victory goes to UNI in my absence as I have to head out to a Mardi Gras parade.

Comment

• Ladies won today 64 to 57. Coach changed up the starting lineup and had Finley start instead of Gerrietts. Came out much more aggressive in the 1st quarter. Struggled with shooting in 2nd. Solid 3rd quarter. Finished strong and captured the W.

Comment

• I agree that Finley needs to start given our scoring problems, but feel bad for Gerrits. She'd worked her way into the playing rotation her freshman season and then tore her ACL at Loyola. Next year Kroeger arrived and sort of took Gerrit's minutes. Since then, it's seemed she's had trouble getting into the flow of the game, forcing shots, defensive lapses and turnovers, so while she's been playing, it's generally been only for a couple of minutes at a time until she finally broke into the starting lineup a couple of weeks ago (I know, coach Warren has said "don't worry about whose starting"). If anything, she's quicker and faster than ever, and she usually shows a couple of flashes a game of what she could be. Plus it's nice to have tall guards, that was one advantage we had over Iowa when we played.

Comment

• Ladies lost to Valparaiso Friday night 69 to 72. Was a tight game all the way. Next up is Loyola Sunday. Need to win to not slip further in conference for tournament seedings.

Comment

• Congratulations to Karli Rucker. She reached 1000 points as a UNI panther during today's game versus Loyola.

Comment

• Great to see Rucker at her best, so much fun to watch.

Elsewhere, Valpo gave Drake all they wanted before finally losing a close one with 3 starters fouled out. I don't watch all the Drake games, but I haven't seem them play as well in any other games as they did when they beat us. They had fire in their eyes that night. We'll see if it's still there this weekend.

Anyone else have ESPN trouble? I had gobs of stuttering and freezing on everything I watched today, including some baseball and softball.

Comment

• the top 2 seeds for the conference tournament will be MSU and Drake (Drake will be #2 unless MSU loses both their remaining (home) games and Drake beats UNI)
                            Bradley is locked in as #3
                            Illinois State will likely be #4 considering their remaining games are against the cellar dwellers and they own the tiebreak against UNI

UNI has at least managed to avoid having to play a Thursday game, and will likely have a #5 or #6 seed (slight chance of #4, but unlikely)

Valpo will be in the #4-7 range, SIU in the #6-8 range, and Loyola will be #7-8
                            Indiana State locked in as #9, and winless Evansville will be #10

Comment

• Ladies play their final home game Friday March 6th versus Drake at 6:30pm. I expect this to be a very physical game. Ladies have to avoid those long scoring droughts which has been problematic all season. Would be nice to get people to come out to cheer on the ladies on Senior night.

Comment

• Originally posted by panthergirl123 View Post
                                Ladies play their final home game Friday March 6th versus Drake at 6:30pm. I expect this to be a very physical game. Ladies have to avoid those long scoring droughts which has been problematic all season. Would be nice to get people to come out to cheer on the ladies on Senior night.
                                I have been out of Iowa since late January, but home now. On the way home I checked the schedule and am happy to see there is one more home game and I can attend!

Comment

Working...
                                X