WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Women's Basketball: 2019-2020 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
    Hope everything is alright
    Agreed. Hard to say what it is when there is no information.
    Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

Congrats ladies! Victory over ISU 71 to 63! Panthers defeat ISU and Iowa in the same year. According to Chris Kleinhaus-Schultz, first time since 1975.

Comment

It’s a PANTHER STATE! Way to go Panthers. Now let’s carry this success into the MVC!!! Wins like this sure make the Holiday season even more enjoyable

Comment

Wonder when the last time was that ISU went o-fer against the other D-I schools. The WBB fans on CycloneFanatic have been a bit grumbly for the last few seasons, this won't help their disposition

Comment

We listened to the UNI-ISU game on the way home from Cedar Falls. Truly exciting. As good as the men's game was, I kind of wonder if we should have perhaps pointed the car toward Ames instead. Great win!

Comment

State of Iowa Div. I WBB tournament:

UNI WBB: 2-0
              vs. Iowa (Nov 17) W 88-66
              @ Iowa St (Dec 22) W 71-63
              @ Drake (Jan 3) ?
              vs. Drake (Mar 6) ?

Iowa WBB: 2-1
              @ UNI (Nov 17) L 66-88
              @ Iowa St (Dec 11) W 75-69
              vs. Drake (Dec 21) W 79-67

Drake WBB: 1-1
              vs. Iowa St (Nov 10) W 86-81
              @ Iowa (Dec 21) L 67-79
              vs. UNI (Jan 3) ?
              @ UNI (Mar 6) ?

Iowa St WBB: 0-3
              @ Drake (Nov 10) L 81-86
              vs. Iowa (Dec 11) L 69-75
              vs. UNI (Dec 22) L 63-71

Comment

Big big win, both hoops squads are on a roll.

Comment

Originally posted by panthergirl123 View Post
                  Congrats ladies! Victory over ISU 71 to 63! Panthers defeat ISU and Iowa in the same year. According to Chris Kleinhaus-Schultz, first time since 1975.

Not often that the visiting team dominates Hilton in the 4th Q. Panther Magic!

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdad View Post
                    Not often that the visiting team dominates Hilton in the 4th Q. Panther Magic!
                    I admittedly don't follow basketball all that closely (just don't find the sport that appealing, whether it be MBB or WBB), but happened to flip on the radio while headed to the Gallagher Bluedorn for a concert. This happened to be the end of the 3rd qtr and beginning of the 4th where ISU went on something like an 11-0 run, with the game going from a UNI lead to a sizable ISU lead. Was very happy to learn later that the Panthers turned it back around.

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post

I admittedly don't follow basketball all that closely (just don't find the sport that appealing, whether it be MBB or WBB), but happened to flip on the radio while headed to the Gallagher Bluedorn for a concert. This happened to be the end of the 3rd qtr and beginning of the 4th where ISU went on something like an 11-0 run, with the game going from a UNI lead to a sizable ISU lead. Was very happy to learn later that the Panthers turned it back around.

You are correct in that during the 3rd quarter ISU got out to a sizable lead due to a run. Yes, Panthers rallied back and never looked back. Awesome thing was that we lost 2 of our inside players to foul trouble in the 4th and had a 3rd with 4 fouls and still won.

Listened to post game comments from Coach Warren on the radio broadcast and she talked about using a special defensive scheme against ISU and was proud of how well it was executed by her players.

Ladies are a great team to watch. Should be an awesome season. Next home game is January 17th.

Comment

Big night for the Panthers. At Drake, should be a good one.
                        "My role is to lead, plain and simple. . . .I with the help of my staff and our administration, we will lead." --Ben Jacobson

Comment

Not good so far, the bulldog defense is really bothering us. Our d is pretty good, they are a notch above us. Also, the espn feed is constantly stuttering for me. Jenny b chewing on the refs

Comment

54-39 at the half, ouch. Mega turnovers.

Comment

Maahs now down on the court holding the same knee she tore the ACL on last season. Looks bad

Comment

Originally posted by in_the_stands View Post
                                Maahs now down on the court holding the same knee she tore the ACL on last season. Looks bad
                                Looks very bad. Warren got a technical foul on the play where Maahs got injured. Won't know anything for a few days. Hope it is not season ending for Maahs.

Comment

Working...
                                X