WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Women's Basketball: 2019-2020 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
    so should the NCAA adopt a rule change where if a team is leading by a certain amount, they cease to call charges and any contact would result in a defensive foul?
    Not going to happen. Certainly any rule changes that can reduce injuries are great for not only WBB but all sports.

Anticipate this weekend's games to be very physical. Coach Warren stated in her press conference to expect Southern Illinois and Missouri State to be tough physical games.

Comment

UNI pulled out the victory tonight over Southern Illinois 60 to 57. Scoring was lead by Cavey with 15 and Rucker with 14. Panthers did not shoot well from the free throw line ending at 65%. It is on to Missouri State next on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by panthergirl123 View Post
        UNI pulled out the victory tonight over Southern Illinois 60 to 57. Scoring was lead by Cavey with 15 and Rucker with 14. Panthers did not shoot well from the free throw line ending at 65%. It is on to Missouri State next on Sunday.
        CJ Wolf had 5 stitches in her chin tonight after a fall.

mo.state beat drake on a 3 pointer at buzzer, 69-67!

Comment

Originally posted by Panther'73 View Post

CJ Wolf had 5 stitches in her chin tonight after a fall.

mo.state beat drake on a 3 pointer at buzzer, 69-67!
          I was listening to radio broadcast. Thanks for the Wolf update. Stitches are bad enough but it could have been worse.

Was it me or did we seem to get called for alot more fouls than Southern Illinois(granted I was listening to game vs watching so maybe my perception is off slightly)? Coach Warren getting on refs about not calling fouls on Southern Illinois was picked up a time or 2 in the background on radio broadcast.

Comment

The Dogs were coming out to pressure our shooters, no doubt because Drake had good success doing that. More could have been called, but then a lot of WBB refs are of the "let 'em play" mindset and have been for a while now.

Some potentially very good news on Maahs - per Chris on the radio, no timetable on her return but apparently the MRI did not show a ligament tear. While she was not in uniform, from what I could see she was walking normally. If she could return in February, that could help come the conference tournament. The TV announcers were discussing that the MVC had never gotten 3 team into the NCAA tournament, and wondered if this could be the year (IMHO we'd have to win the MVC tournament).

The Wolf injury looked kind of bad at the time - she'd been knocked off balance and wasn't able to get her arms out in front of her before hitting the floor. Also bit reminiscent of the Drake game, in that she is tall and thin, and not as strong as the players she's been going up against in this stretch.

MSU will be a problem if she plays, as they have a very athletic post (Franklin), as well as a very big, strong backup (Gardener). Of course it will be a problem if she doesn't play also, as we would be out of posts. We have a nice team with good kids that's going to finish the season with a pretty good record, but I don't see us being competitive Sunday unless the Bears have some sort of emotional hangover following their game with Drake.
            Last edited by in_the_stands; 01-11-2020, 06:43 AM.

Comment

I totally agree with everything you are saying especially about the Missouri State game.

Glad to see that Wolf ended her 3 pointer drought last night. I am sure she will be playing Sunday with Maahs out.

Also, great news about Maahs.

Hoping for the best on Sunday but Missouri State is a pretty tough team and will be a tough challenge for the ladies.

Comment

I was at a high school game last night, so missed seeing the SIU win. It was a much needed victory. Too bad the next game comes at this time. It will be a challenge.

Comment

As of the end of the 1st, Missouri State 20; UNI 11. Shooting poorly inside the 3pt line. 5 turnovers.

Comment

At half, Missouri State 45; UNI 30. Shooting 2pt up to 33% from 10% after end of 1st. 3pt shooting at 50%. We are getting physically dominated especially in the paint.

Comment

Final today is Missouri State 80; UNI 66. Came back from 19 points down at one point to 10 in the 4th. Rucker lead the team with 14. The Panthers are finally returning home Friday, January 17th at 6:30pm versus Evansville. Will be nice to see them in action again at McLeod.

Comment

I know the Panthers lost, but it was not anywhere the blowout I thought could happen. The Panthers did not give up and in the last 3 minutes there was a shot that could have cut the lead to 9. That was the story of the day, along with the Panthers struggling in the paint. I haven't looked, but turnover difference had to be huge. The Bears come to play at Cedar Falls early in February and that game could be interesting.

Comment

I know UNI ended up with 17 turnovers not sure of what the Bears had. The ladies played hard. Not having Maahs really hurt in this game. The Missouri State game will be interesting in Cedar Falls in February. Missouri State coach is very animated and great to watch too. Reminds me of the Evansville coach for volleyball in that they will be on the refs nonstop. I may be wrong but thinking Missouri State coach got a technical foul in last year's game at Cedar Falls.

Comment

Originally posted by panthergirl123 View Post
                            . I may be wrong but thinking Missouri State coach got a technical foul in last year's game at Cedar Falls.
                            Missouri state has a new coach this year, last year’s coach is at Tennessee this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Panther'73 View Post

Missouri state has a new coach this year, last year’s coach is at Tennessee this year.
                              Thanks. I was thinking I was wrong about their coaching staff.

Comment

The ladies return home Friday night at 6:30pm. It is a blackout color night. Sadly, attendance will probably be low due to the snow storm.

Comment

Working...
                                X