WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Women's Basketball: 2019-2020 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watching men on TV and women on laptop...enough too see a very poor second half. Panther gals look so tired.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Dog View Post
      Watching men on TV and women on laptop...enough too see a very poor second half. Panther gals look so tired.
      seems like just about every game they go on at least one long scoring drought that lets the other team take over the game.

Comment

I don't know about every game having a scoring drought but definitely in their last two games. Only scoring 8 points in the 3rd is bad. I wasn't able to catch the game but assuming a long scoring drought just like with Bradley game Friday night.

Comment

Looks like Bradley held on to beat Drake 77 to 76 and remain undefeated in conference play.

Comment

I don't know if they keep metrics for women's hoops but it seems like the MVC is actually one heck of a conference this year. UNI is a darn good team and they might not finish top 3 at this rate.

Comment

The conference is tough this year. Preseason predictions were to be a battle between Drake and Missouri State for title and UNI in 3rd. Bradley was picked to finish 4th and they are undefeated in conference play so far. Illinois State and Southern Illinois are also tough teams. There are no easy conference games. Could be a struggle to finish even 3rd in the conference this year. Ladies have only played 2 home conference games so far. They are back home next 2 weekends.

Comment

Panthers are good shooters, with average to above average quickness. Problem seems to be that they are not all that physical. When the shooting isn't there, they really struggle and get hammered. I think Megan Maahs could be the physical presence they need, but she is not 100%. Happy to just have her in the game for some spot minutes. 4 games at home are critical to finishing in the top half of the Valley.

Comment

Just watched the Valpo game. Their program has improved a lot from last season, could be a tough return game at their place. The middle of the MVC sure seems stronger this year. I don't think we're in danger of playing on Thursday, but I could see us finishing the regular season around 5th place. Would think our strong non-conference and subsequent decent RPI would still give us a good shot at the WNIT.

I didn't realize Finley's been out. With Iverson's transfer that leaves us with no back up PG, along with diminished offense and the Bears and Salukis coming to town.

Comment

Looks like a better than average crowd tonight. End of first quarter and once again Panthers are on scoring drought. Happy to see #50 for Lady Bears spend serious minutes on the bench. She is a load.

Comment

Down by 3 at half. Good first half, but not great. Gotta be pushing ball inside.

Comment

Held it close through the 3rd but after that the Bears pulled away. Glad to see Finley back in the lineup.

Comment

We had 10 more turnovers, leading to a 12 point disadvantage in points off turnovers. Plus a 10 point disadvantage in points in the paint, along with 18 fewer shots attempted. I'm ready to concede the Bears have the more talented team this season. But interesting that they have dominated us twice, and yet lost at SIU where we won.

Elsewhere, Bradley won at ISU Red (I was hoping for a loss to bring them back to the middle of the pack with us), and Drake beat SIU by 15. In other sports, Panther softball, who have had some nice pre-season press and a contract extension for coach Jacobs, dropped both of the opening day games at the UNIDome tournament :\

Comment

Sunday's game will be tough for the ladies too. I believe the last time we played Missouri State Maahs was out. Finley was back last night but did not look to be 100%.

Comment

Absolutely heroic game by Maahs today!

Comment

Sunday's game was a pink out with donations originally scheduled by each coach to donate $25 for every 3 pointer made by their team to the Beyond Pink organization. Updated yesterday, each coach is going to donate $25 for any 3 pointer that was made during the game by either team. Also, Dr. Sharon Duclos the same. What a classy move by Coach Stein of Southern Illinois to join in. At the end of the day, $825 raised for the Beyond Pink team.

Comment

Working...
                                X