WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Women's Basketball: 2019-2020 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• panthergirl123
    replied
    Originally posted by Mad Dog View Post
    We were at the game. One of the best games I have seen in a long, long time. I was bummed out and a bit hesitant to go after seeing the men falter on TV just a few hours earlier. But I felt that game was past and these gals don't deserve me copping out at the last minute of attending. Really happy to be there.
    Glad you enjoyed it. One of the best home games of the season besides the Iowa game. I sit near some parents of the team and that area of the crowd is definitely quite enthusiastic. Makes a great experience.

Leave a comment:

• Mad Dog
    replied
    Originally posted by panthergirl123 View Post

Hope you can attend. I will be there cheering on the team. It's a gold out. Drake is a very physical team. Key for Panthers is to not get behind early like previous game.
    We were at the game. One of the best games I have seen in a long, long time. I was bummed out and a bit hesitant to go after seeing the men falter on TV just a few hours earlier. But I felt that game was past and these gals don't deserve me copping out at the last minute of attending. Really happy to be there.

Leave a comment:

• Bookin' Panther
    replied
    What a fun victory to witness in person last night! Especially great for the seniors in their last regular season game in the McLeod. It's the first time since 2016 (and our current seniors) to beat Drake. Awesome! Congratulations, ladies.

Leave a comment:

• panthergirl123
    replied
    Plus Bree is only a junior. Megan has another year of eligibility. Would love to see her back too.

Leave a comment:

• in_the_stands
    replied
    Was really something to watch Finley and Rucker tear it up, and then the rest of the team following. And they're both back next season, folks

I have to say that Hittner and Rhine are awesome players. Drake won't be able to replace them next season.

Leave a comment:

• panthergirl123
    replied
    Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
    If someone had told me that one UNI team would beat Drake 91-78 and the other UNI team would lose to Drake 56-77, I would have guessed the opposite of what actually happened.
    Given how the teams have fared against each other previously this season.
    And if someone were to tell me that a sophmore from Cedar Falls would score 27 points, I would have said they were talking about AJ Green and not Kam Finley.

Last night's game was great to watch. The ladies led from start to finish. Coach Warren had them motivated. They were aggressive and physical and didn't let Drake push them around like the last game. Tough defense including steals. No long scoring droughts. Very reminiscent of how they played versus Iowa.
    Last edited by panthergirl123; 03-07-2020, 03:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• vbfan19
    replied
    If someone had told me that one UNI team would beat Drake 91-78 and the other UNI team would lose to Drake 56-77, I would have guessed the opposite of what actually happened.
    Given how the teams have fared against each other previously this season.

Leave a comment:

• sevelev711
    replied
    At least someone beat Drake.

Leave a comment:

• panthergirl123
    replied
    Panthers beat Drake 91 to 78. Kam Finley scored 27 points tonight. Great win ladies!

Leave a comment:

• panthergirl123
    replied
    At half, women up over Drake 44 to 35. Finley was on fire in the 1st quarter scoring the first 7 points. She was in double figures halfway through that quarter. Very physical game. Keep it up ladies through the second half.

Leave a comment:

• in_the_stands
    replied
    Just think what a game it could be Friday if we could find our form from the Iowa game.

Leave a comment:

• panthergirl123
    replied
    Originally posted by Mad Dog View Post

I have been out of Iowa since late January, but home now. On the way home I checked the schedule and am happy to see there is one more home game and I can attend!
    Hope you can attend. I will be there cheering on the team. It's a gold out. Drake is a very physical team. Key for Panthers is to not get behind early like previous game.

Leave a comment:

• Mad Dog
    replied
    Originally posted by panthergirl123 View Post
    Ladies play their final home game Friday March 6th versus Drake at 6:30pm. I expect this to be a very physical game. Ladies have to avoid those long scoring droughts which has been problematic all season. Would be nice to get people to come out to cheer on the ladies on Senior night.
    I have been out of Iowa since late January, but home now. On the way home I checked the schedule and am happy to see there is one more home game and I can attend!

Leave a comment:

• panthergirl123
    replied
    Ladies play their final home game Friday March 6th versus Drake at 6:30pm. I expect this to be a very physical game. Ladies have to avoid those long scoring droughts which has been problematic all season. Would be nice to get people to come out to cheer on the ladies on Senior night.

Leave a comment:

• vbfan19
    replied
    the top 2 seeds for the conference tournament will be MSU and Drake (Drake will be #2 unless MSU loses both their remaining (home) games and Drake beats UNI)
    Bradley is locked in as #3
    Illinois State will likely be #4 considering their remaining games are against the cellar dwellers and they own the tiebreak against UNI

UNI has at least managed to avoid having to play a Thursday game, and will likely have a #5 or #6 seed (slight chance of #4, but unlikely)

Valpo will be in the #4-7 range, SIU in the #6-8 range, and Loyola will be #7-8
    Indiana State locked in as #9, and winless Evansville will be #10

Leave a comment:

Working...
X