WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 Volleyball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Volleyball

Never to early to start talking about next year, and there's a tournament being hosted by UNI that looks tantalizing: UNI, Syracuse, Missouri, Utah, and Texas. Four quality teams, teams that should make the NCAA tournament with relative ease, and also Syracuse will be there. There will of course also be the USC-CU-UK-UNI tournament, that I think is being hosted by Kentucky this year. UNI will also be taking on Illinois twice, once in Green Bay and once at Notre Dame. Just another brutal, brutal out of conference schedule, as is the norm. Always fun.

Will be a bit of a trial by fire for a redshirt freshman at setter, after not having any spring practices, probably not working any summer camps, and who knows what the preseason practices will be like.

Comment

We'll get to see the Petersens vs Petersen!

Comment

Sounds like the match against Texas has been cancelled, but UNI is hosting Minnesota instead.
        Also, it would appear that the tournament with Creighton, Kentucky, and USC has been cancelled.
        Of course all of this is still tentative (as is the season in general, if we're honest), as the covid situation continues to evolve.

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
          Sounds like the match against Texas has been cancelled, but UNI is hosting Minnesota instead.
          Also, it would appear that the tournament with Creighton, Kentucky, and USC has been cancelled.
          Of course all of this is still tentative (as is the season in general, if we're honest), as the covid situation continues to evolve.
          That blows, but was somewhat inevitable. Just gotta win the games we get.

Comment

Noticed on the tentative schedule that our first two conference games will be playing at Illinois State and Bradley. Tough start to the conference schedule.

Comment

With Big 10 announcement, Minnesota and Illinois matches off the schedule.

Comment

I'd be shocked if we don't go to an all MVC schedule, maybe with an extra round of games so it's a 27 game schedule vs just the normal 18.

Comment

Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
                  I'd be shocked if we don't go to an all MVC schedule, maybe with an extra round of games so it's a 27 game schedule vs just the normal 18.
                  Not sure an extra round of games would really mean much.
                  Frankly, I wouldn't bet much that the season will take place at all.
                  And if it does, I really don't see how they could do a fair NCAA tournament with at least two of the top conferences not playing anyone outside of their own conference. RPI would be worthless without interconference matches having been played.

Comment

The MVC officially postponed the season.

Comment

Yup. I'm not convinced that playing the other fall sports was one bit more dangerous than just being on campus for class. IMHO they were canceled for "optics" following the cancellation of football. That said, there have been many worse things happening than no fall sports.

Comment

Returning to campus is going to be a s*** show. Mask mandate and testing or not just look at what is happening in Ames right now. I doubt CF fares any better when Covid Kim and officials are simply trusting students to "do the right thing and be responsible"

Comment

Speaking of Iowa State, they have not yet posted a fall volleyball schedule.

Comment

ISU was only seeing a 2% positive rate on incoming students. Isn't that below what the state reports every day? I do think there will be spread on campus once classes start, but at some point, you have to look at the numbers and say this risk is acceptable. Guessing some kids will opt to only do online classes where possible, but the rest must think the risk is minimal to attend class.

Comment

I'll be interested in seeing what that rate is in a week or so. The pictures from this weekend in Ames and Cedar Falls were extremely disappointing with all of the large parties and crowded bars. Selfish and reckless to say the least for those of us taking things seriously.

Comment

Working...
                              X