WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Volleyball - Fall 2021 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volleyball - Fall 2021 season

I'm curious what the fall schedule will look like. Hopefully it gets announced soon.
    I've seen UNI listed on a couple other teams schedules:

Aug 27-28: Green Bay Invite - Green Bay, WI
    F 8/27 - 1:30 p.m.: UNI vs. North Dakota State
    S 8/28 - 11 a.m.: UNI vs. Ball State
    S 8/28 - 6:30 p.m.: UNI @ Green Bay

Sep 3-4: Bluegrass Battle - Lexington, KY
    F 9/3 - 9:30 am: UNI vs. Southern Cal
    F 9/3 - 6:30 pm: UNI @ Kentucky
    S 9/4 - 4 pm: UNI vs. Creighton

Sep 10-11: Washington State tournament - Pullman, WA
    F 9/10: UNI @ Washington State
    F 9/10 - 8 pm: UNI vs. Long Beach State
    S 9/11: UNI vs. Gonzaga

W 9/15 - 7 pm: Iowa State @ UNI

Sep 17-18: Marquette Invitational - Milwaukee, WI
    F 9/17 - 10 a.m.: UNI vs. Wright State
    F 9/17 - 5:30 p.m.: UNI vs. Texas-San Antonio
    S 9/18 - 6 pm: UNI @ Marquette

and the email that I got when renewing season tickets had these home conference dates listed (plus a couple road matches that I saw):
    UNI Volleyball vs. Bradley SEP 24, 2021 at 06:00pm
    UNI Volleyball vs. Illinois St SEP 25, 2021 at 05:00pm
    UNI Volleyball vs. Drake OCT 01, 2021 at 07:00pm
    UNI @ Loyola - 10/4 at 6 pm
    UNI @ Missouri State - 10/8 at 6 pm
    UNI @ Southern Illinois - 10/9 at 5 p.m.
    UNI Volleyball vs. Evansville OCT 15, 2021 at 06:00pm
    UNI Volleyball vs. Indiana St OCT 16, 2021 at 05:00pm
    UNI @ Illinois State - 10/22 at 6 pm
    UNI @ Bradley - 10/23? (based on the standard scheduling as ILS travel partner)
    UNI @ Drake - 10/29 at 6 pm
    UNI @ Valpo - 11/1?? (based on Drake playing at Loyola that night)
    UNI Volleyball vs. Southern Ill NOV 05, 2021 at 06:00pm
    UNI Volleyball vs. Missouri St NOV 06, 2021 at 05:00pm
    UNI @ Indiana State - 11/12??
    UNI @ Evansville - 11/13??
    UNI Volleyball vs. Valparaiso NOV 19, 2021 at 06:00pm
    UNI Volleyball vs. Loyola NOV 20, 2021 at 05:00pm

11/26-11/28 MVC Tournament at Illinois State
    Last edited by vbfan19; 07-26-2021, 07:12 PM.

I'm also interested to see what the team does as far as the setter position goes.
    Tayler Alden took over the setting duties in the 2020-postponed-to-spring-2021 season as a true freshman.
    But Jenna Brandt, who had played as setter at Iowa State for a couple seasons transferred in to UNI (but was ineligible for the spring season, as she had played for ISU in the fall of 2020).
    And Ava Vitale has been listed as setter on the roster the past couple years, but redshirted in 2019 and didn't see any match action in the spring (other than perhaps in the scrimmages, I can't remember)

Comment

Doesn't Texas owe us a trip up here?

Maybe we're hosting a tournament Sept 10-11?
      #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
        Doesn't Texas owe us a trip up here?
        Maybe we're hosting a tournament Sept 10-11?
        Texas was originally scheduled to play here during the Fall 2020 season. But then things got all messed up with the pandemic.
        It wouldn't surprise me if the contract for the home-and-home included some "forces beyond control" clause which the pandemic would qualify as, releasing Texas from the obligation if the reconfigured scheduling didn't work out.
        But it also wouldn't surprise me if they did show up on the schedule

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
          Texas was originally scheduled to play here during the Fall 2020 season. But then things got all messed up with the pandemic.
          It wouldn't surprise me if the contract for the home-and-home included some "forces beyond control" clause which the pandemic would qualify as, releasing Texas from the obligation if the reconfigured scheduling didn't work out.
          But it also wouldn't surprise me if they did show up on the schedule
          Oh for sure but you'd think as a favor to the Petersen family that they'd try to make it happen. Especially with the what appears to be the best of the girls hitting recruiting age.
          #MACtion

Comment

Thanks for schedule update. Any roster changes besides Jenna?

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
              Oh for sure but you'd think as a favor to the Petersen family that they'd try to make it happen. Especially with the what appears to be the best of the girls hitting recruiting age.
              saw a Texas fan mention that they thought Sydney might end up grad transferring to UNI to play her final year (with the extra year of eligibility due to the pandemic stuff). Though I think they were basing that solely on what they thought the scholarship situation for the Longhorns would be that year, not necessarily knowing any of Sydney's intentions or UNI's roster situation for that year

Not that that would necessarily make a difference as far as Texas scheduling a match at UNI, but anyway

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleCatFan View Post
                Thanks for schedule update. Any roster changes besides Jenna?
                no clue. (and Jenna has been on UNI's roster since January; she just wasn't eligible to play during the spring season)

Comment

Looks like the MVC conference tournament will be at Illinois State again this fall (as it was in the spring)

Comment

https://unipanthers.com/news/2021/7/...-schedule.aspx
                    my aforementioned schedule appears accurate (other than it doesn't look like the possible match against St. Thomas is slated), with the addition of traveling to Washington State to play WSU and Long Beach State on 9/10 and Gonzaga on 9/11
                    Last edited by vbfan19; 08-20-2021, 10:31 AM.

Comment

the new Fall 2021 volleyball roster has been added to the website.

the changes that I noticed:
                      - Yagmur Cinel (Fr OH from Turkey, wore #21 in spring) is no longer listed. Might have transferred to Hofstra
                      - Ava Vitale (Redshirt Fr Setter from Rockford, IL; wore #5) is no longer listed

- Jenna Brandt (Jr Setter from Sumner; transferred in from Iowa State this past January) now has jersey #2 (was listed as #20 on the spring roster, though wasn't eligible to play yet)

new freshmen added to the roster:
                      #5 Amber Bischel; 5'6" DS, Hartford, WI
                      #9 Kira Fallert; 6' OH, Maplewood, MN
                      #20 Danielle Johnson; 6'1" OH, Osage, IA
                      #23 Layanna Green; 6' MB, Waukee, IA

Comment

What became of #14 Sarah Konovodoff

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleCatFan View Post
                          What became of #14 Sarah Konovodoff
                          don't know. I was comparing what they showed as the "2020 roster" (which was actually spring 2021), which shows Konovodoff in the team picture, but for some reason no longer lists her on last season's roster

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
                            don't know. I was comparing what they showed as the "2020 roster" (which was actually spring 2021), which shows Konovodoff in the team picture, but for some reason no longer lists her on last season's roster
                            Looks like she is on the roster for D-II St. Edwards University in Austin, Texas.

Comment

6th!?!? We were picked 6th?!?!?

Yiiiiiiiiiikes.
                              #MACtion

Comment

Working...
                              X