WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heims Fifth at Paralympics in Discus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heims Fifth at Paralympics in Discus

Jessica Heims finished fifth at Tokyo:

https://www.paralympic.org/tokyo-202...f-e56e12bdbe8c
    "Well, that escalated quickly."

That’s awesome! Great job by Dan Omara. Iowa State is lucky to have him as a coach

Comment

Set a new American record in the event (breaking her own, previous record), hell of a job by her.

Comment

Does anyone know if Heims is participating in any other events while there? And is Erin Kerkhoff participating?
        I tried to look it up, but the results sites annoyed me too much with their formatting and lack of search capability

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
          Does anyone know if Heims is participating in any other events while there? And is Erin Kerkhoff participating?
          I tried to look it up, but the results sites annoyed me too much with their formatting and lack of search capability
          According to the UNI Facebook Page Erin Kerkhoff will compete:

Tonight at 8:30pm CST / T13 100m dash prelims

Tomorrow August 31st at 6:10am / T13 100m dash finals

September 2nd / T13 400m dash prelims

September 3rd / T13 400m dash finals

All are listed on NBCSN but when we tried to watch the other night it wasn't being shown.
          If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
            Here are the bio and schedule pages for both:

https://olympics.com/tokyo-2020/para...khoff-erin.htm

https://olympics.com/tokyo-2020/para...ms-jessica.htm
            "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Originally posted by UNIAlum95 View Post

According to the UNI Facebook Page Erin Kerkhoff will compete:

Tonight at 8:30pm CST / T13 100m dash prelims.
              Erin ran a 12.99 in her prelim heat, which wasn't quite fast enough to advance to the finals (top 2 in that heat were 12.16 and 12.20, with 12.41 being the time off the next-fastest runners that didn't finish in the top 2 of their heats)
              It would appear that her reaction time of 0.229 was slower than most of the other runners in the event
              Hopefully she can shake that off and bounce back for a good run in the 400

Comment

Erin Kerkhoff ran in the first preliminary heat of the 400M (Womens T13 class) this morning (Iowa time) in a fairly heavy rain.
                She ran a 58.30 which was good enough for 2nd in that heat, meaning she advances to the finals. Congrats!

Comment

Kerkhoff ran a 58.06 in the Women's T13 400M finals at the Paralympics in Tokyo last night (Iowa time), which put her in 8th place

Comment

Working...
                  X