WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another loss from the Volleyball team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They can't. Just block the troll until they're only talking to themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
      They can't. Just block the troll until they're only talking to themselves.
      And please stop quoting him in your responses, so those that do have him on ignore can avoid his posts.
      Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
      Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
      - George Halas

Comment

Another poor performance by the Panthers. 1-2 to start conference play and all matches at home. Getting old watching Panthers lose 0-3.

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
          I always kind of wondered if there was some drama involved there. If he resigned/retired due to disagreements with the rest of the staff as to the playing time / role his daughter was (or wasn't) getting with the team, or if it was unrelated.
          Or having Bobbi's daughter playing was a factor as well. Personally, I feel sorry for the kids. No matter what the kids do they will never get a fair shake.

I believe the coaching loss has impacted recruiting alot. This season will be a bumpy ride. Real fans follow a team in good and bad times.

Comment

Any reason why Danielle Johnson was not on the bench last nigh? Hopefully with only one match this week more practice time can get the team turned around. Goal is to be playing your best volleyball by the end of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by panthergirl123 View Post

Or having Bobbi's daughter playing was a factor as well. Personally, I feel sorry for the kids. No matter what the kids do they will never get a fair shake.

I believe the coaching loss has impacted recruiting alot. This season will be a bumpy ride. Real fans follow a team in good and bad times.
              I'd think its certainly possible that Baylee playing and coach Mahi's daughter not could have been an issue, along with him being an assistant for quite a while and maybe having the urge to go see how green the grass is on the other side of the fence (I've sure had that feeling over my own working career).

We definitely have some talent at hitter, and Baylee's return will help the back row, but the next Kendyl Sorge is not in the program at this time. The current freshmen hitters are not quite on the same level as Holterhaus and Arndorfer were as freshmen, either.

Still, I think the bigger problem is just not playing well, more so than lack of talent. We played ISU Red basically even until point 11 in the 5th set, and the Bradley team that beat Drake in Des Moines lost to us 3-0. But for whatever reason, we looked like we'd skipped about a month of practice vs Drake. I'm sure it was frustrating for the coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleCatFan View Post
                Any reason why Danielle Johnson was not on the bench last nigh?
                I believe she is one of the 3 players that were out for the season due to injury (along with Baylee and Maizy)
                as for why she wasn't on the bench, I dunno.

Comment

I noticed Johnson did not make the road trip. Hope everything is ok because she was a very good high school player

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleCatFan View Post
                    I noticed Johnson did not make the road trip. Hope everything is ok because she was a very good high school player
                    Maybe she had a night class…Monday night

Comment

Some companies are responsible for producing websites for firms of all levels. They supply expert layouts that assist their clients improve their sales and also have greater traffic. Using these services, you can get an internet site that will certainly provide you amazing outcomes, as well as your business will go far.

Comment

Working...
                      X