WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Women's Basketball 2021-2022 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women's Basketball 2021-2022 Season

Women's basketball season is starting up. Let's have a great season.

I think we've got a nice team, with two strong point guards, two 6'3" centers and gobs of forwards and shooting guards. I'm guessing that intra-squad scrimmages are extremely competitive. Ad while Maas will be missed, Boffeli looks like a very similar player with the advantage of two good knees, and would have played more last season had we not already been so deep.

Our problem is Missouri State has almost everyone back, and so the regular season title and tournament championship is theirs to lose. Kellie Harper really built them well, and even though she's no longer there, they haven't skipped a beat so far.

It will be interesting to see how Drake fares post-Baranczyk. They've recruited well, and they usually play with an intensity and focus that's tough to match. Coach Pohlman sure looks like a no-brainer hire, and if she can keep it going for them, there will be other schools looking to hire her away in a couple of years. It looks like some of last years upperclassmen who presumably could have returned have not done so, though they still have their very good PG Peterson back as a grad student, plus the Missouri transfer Berg.

It seems likely that Bradley, Illinois State and Loyola will be strong as well, so I think the MVC will basically be a five-way battle for second place behind the Bears.

Comment

Does anyone who was at the Iowa game know what was said by our bench?

Comment

Unconfirmed rumor per Twitter and one of the Iowa boards is that coach Warren was talking to Clark, saying "you're not even that good". A couple other Iowa fans are claiming coach Warren is known for trash talking opposing players. How Iowa fans would know this escapes me - I have a hard time believing any of them watch our games. One Iowa fan was calling for Iowa to drop the series.

Just watching on TV, the incident didn't look like much to me. A bigger issue to me is when we play Iowa, we almost always come out super-tight and Iowa comes out loose (with the major exception of 2019) and the game is decided early.

I thought McDermott, Boffeli and Morgan looked really good coming off the bench, and I'm disappointed that a couple of our veteran starters seemed to disappear. OTOH, Iowa is highly ranked for a reason.

Comment

Clark had already made similar gestures at least twice to the refs complaining about not getting calls when going in for lay-ups. I thought she may have had a point, but I also thought the refs were consistent

Comment

Clark was cocky. That is how I saw it. She thought refs would baby her.

Iowa fans are generally cry babies.

Comment

Ladies at home today at 11. Crowd pretty sparse.

Comment

Nice W today, the Shockers had been undefeated.

Related to the MBB discussion, looks like new gray uniforms for the ladies that say "Northern Iowa" rather than "UNI".

Comment

One last Iowa game comment. Monday after our game Iowa had a Covid outbreak cancelling games for 10 days including their game vs Drake. Hopefully no impact to our team due to the close contact.
                  Last edited by panthergirl123; 11-20-2021, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by in_the_stands View Post
                    Nice W today, the Shockers had been undefeated.

Related to the MBB discussion, looks like new gray uniforms for the ladies that say "Northern Iowa" rather than "UNI".
                    It was a great game. Nicole really hit the 3s in the 3rd.

I never noticed that about the uniforms. I will look next time.

Comment

Originally posted by in_the_stands View Post
                      Unconfirmed rumor per Twitter and one of the Iowa boards is that coach Warren was talking to Clark, saying "you're not even that good". A couple other Iowa fans are claiming coach Warren is known for trash talking opposing players. How Iowa fans would know this escapes me - I have a hard time believing any of them watch our games. One Iowa fan was calling for Iowa to drop
                      This is false and is filtered thru a Hawkeye perspective like almost everything else that is put out into the world.

Clark, a known narcissist, decided to talk **** to Tayna Warren after hitting a shot, and our coach, who has a spine and is also a badass told her that she is not good enough to talk **** to her, which is a fact.

This is what happened.
                      UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                      iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post

This is false and is filtered thru a Hawkeye perspective like almost everything else that is put out into the world.

Clark, a known narcissist, decided to talk **** to Tayna Warren after hitting a shot, and our coach, who has a spine and is also a badass told her that she is not good enough to talk **** to her, which is a fact.

This is what happened.
                        It's step one from the Iowa playbook on how not to have to come to Cedar Falls.

WBB is the only major sport they still do and blaming UNI for everything is that first ticket out.
                        #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

It's step one from the Iowa playbook on how not to have to come to Cedar Falls.

WBB is the only major sport they still do and blaming UNI for everything is that first ticket out.
                          Agree.

And Bluder is still butt hurt from getting beat up here in CF 2 years ago. We won by 22 points that day.

Comment

Panthers on the road at St Thomas tonight. Hope they shoot better tonight. Poor shooting lead to their lose to Creighton.

Comment

Panthers pulled out the victory last night. Next game at home on Saturday at 2pm vs SDSU.

Comment

Working...
                              X