WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Volleyball 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They looked great tonight. Awesome win!

Comment

Was in Ames tonight to watch and cheer on the Panthers good win. Would have been great if the had not given up the big lead in the second set. Could have swept the Clones 3-0, but team is getting better every match. It would be nice if they could sweep this weekend and go into conference play on a roll. This team is going to be better than the 6th place pre season pick.

Comment

Ohhhhh sure, the first match in Ames that I'm not in town for and they pull that one off.

Comment

Awesome win now lets take care of the squawks

Comment

ISU was definitely error-prone at times last night (just like UNI has been in some stretches the past few seasons), which definitely played to UNI's advantage. And UNI played well enough to benefit from that.

Looking at the final non-conference matches this weekend in Coralville:
            - North Florida is 1-7 on the season thus far, though they've played a fairly challenging schedule. UNI definitely shouldn't overlook them
            - South Dakota State is 6-3 with 2 of their losses being 5-setters, so that will be a tough matchup. They swept NIU in Dekalb (and UNI lost to NIU, but that was a scrimmage). Though the Jackrabbits will be playing that match on short rest, as they play Iowa at 12:30 that afternoon (or possibly a little later if the UNI/UNF match runs long) and then playing us at 4:30
            - Iowa is sitting at 3-5, but they've also played a tough schedule. They did lose to both Iowa State and Drake last weekend, though.

If UNI plays well, I could see them going 3-0, but if they play poorly I could see the going 0-3. I'm hoping for at least 2-1.

Comment

Iowa has done an Otzelberger-style transfer rebuild that brought in a lot of size including a 6'7" middle, a 6'5" middle and a 6'3" setter I watched part of their Oklahoma match, which they lost but played fairly well. They didn't play well against ISU, but being at home for 3 might give them a boost, like we and ISU both got last weekend. I agree we have a shot at 3 W's.

Comment

Volleyball did not show up for the match against Iowa. Lost first to sets looking horrible and down 9-3. Worst I have seen them play so far this year.

Comment

Hard to believe we beat ISU in Ames just last Tuesday, looks like a totally different team. Reminds me of the typical UNI-Iowa WBB game, they're loose and confident, while we're tight.

Comment

Having watched both Iowa & UNI face SDSU yesterday, I had a feeling UNI would struggle against the Hawks

Comment

You weren't wrong. I've watched Iowa on TV a bit, and knew they had a couple of hitters that could pound it, but their blocking had always looked really poor, unlike today.

I still think we can finish .500 or maybe even a little better in conference, but it depends on how many times the good UNI team shows up, and how many times the bad one shows up.

Comment

Great start to conference play. 2-0 on the road. Now have to follow that up with another tough road trip to MO St and SIU.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleCatFan View Post
                          Great start to conference play. 2-0 on the road. Now have to follow that up with another tough road trip to MO St and SIU.
                          Glad 2 see the team start conference play 2 and 0.

Comment

Yup, I thought last weekend could go either way, given our inconsistency, but happy we got two wins. Interesting that Holterhaus was not listed as a starter for the UIC match, but still got 30 attacks anyway. I think that's the second time that's happened. Have to give Fallert credit, she was swinging hard on some nice sets from Alden. Tjernagel continues to look good. We're not short of good hitters.

Iowa clobbered by Ohio State; they looked like we looked against them. I guess inconsistency is their bugaboo also.

Comment

Working...
                            X