WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Women's Basketball 2022-2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mad Dog View Post
    Great game tonight. It appeared as no Panther had a bad night. Playing time very spread out and that should bode well for Saturday in Chicago.
    Game is here Saturday…

Comment

Originally posted by Panther'73 View Post

Game is here Saturday…
      Sorry.....my bad.....I guess this is why I should write my own address on the back of my hand.

Comment

Well another episode of light issues just like what happened in volleyball this fall. Game delayed 15 minutes due to operator error during introductions. Besides that, dominating game winning 79 to 44. Starters rested in the 4th again. Up next, traveling to Missouri State

Comment

The issue with the lights needs to not happen again. It appears to be a human error. Only good thing was that it gave me less overlap watching the men and women's games.

Comment

Put a piece of tape over that switch my goodness.

Comment

Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
              Put a piece of tape over that switch my goodness.
              Have you priced tape recently?!?!??!?!
              #MACtion

Comment

"Human error" because we have lights that are technically 40 years old in a building that is 17 years old and can't be shut off.

Amazing.

Comment

Clenz, I assume you are being sarcastic. We know the lights can be turned off. The problem is it takes 10-15 minutes to get them to full intensity afterwards. That's why the shutters are used. So what exactly is the problem? Are the shutters not opening up after the team intro or what?
                  "They keep saying that what really matters is not whether you win or lose, but how you played the game. The trouble is that the best way to determine how you played the game is by whether you won or lost." - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Big Cats View Post
                    Clenz, I assume you are being sarcastic. We know the lights can be turned off. The problem is it takes 10-15 minutes to get them to full intensity afterwards. That's why the shutters are used. So what exactly is the problem? Are the shutters not opening up after the team intro or what?
                    Somebody (most likely a student) is turning them off rather than closing the shutters.

His point is right. It's an antique system that was already incredibly dated and 'temporary' when the building opened 17 years ago.

We HAVE to start upgrading and replacing things in that building or we're going to be right where we are with the Dome. A half assed renovation that doesn't come close to bringing it into present day that costs a fortune because you let it go too long.
                    #MACtion

Comment

The scoreboards were awful from the beginning. That has to be one of the first upgrades made in the building.
                      "They keep saying that what really matters is not whether you win or lose, but how you played the game. The trouble is that the best way to determine how you played the game is by whether you won or lost." - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Big Cats View Post
                        The scoreboards were awful from the beginning. That has to be one of the first upgrades made in the building.
                        They were also 'temporary'. They were a Daktronics concept that their design team (rightfully) hated. They refinished them and sold them to us for cheap just so they could get rid of them. 17 years later and here we are. Same with the scorer's table LED board (now 8 generations old) and they threw in the 'ribbon boards' because they were also a previous generation.

All the electronics in that building were borderline obsolete when they were hung.
                        #MACtion

Comment

You know, I hear these things and I have to say my observation is that these things are not all that bad looking. Yeah, they might be old and newer systems would mean not having this off-can't-turn-on problem. But put a "NO!" tape on it.

What I see as a problem is that we don't have an NIL collective (that I know of). I am a professional and I do some advertising sometimes. I've done Mcleod advertising and in-football game advertising. We should have a group that seeks "advertising" from businesses to get NIL contracts going. Everyone who has or potentially could advertise should have been contacted by that group. The group should recommend players both on the basis of who doesn't have as much and off-the-record comments from recruiters about who they want to have it.
                          We need a NIL collective yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by sivert View Post
                            You know, I hear these things and I have to say my observation is that these things are not all that bad looking. Yeah, they might be old and newer systems would mean not having this off-can't-turn-on problem. But put a "NO!" tape on it.

What I see as a problem is that we don't have an NIL collective (that I know of). I am a professional and I do some advertising sometimes. I've done Mcleod advertising and in-football game advertising. We should have a group that seeks "advertising" from businesses to get NIL contracts going. Everyone who has or potentially could advertise should have been contacted by that group. The group should recommend players both on the basis of who doesn't have as much and off-the-record comments from recruiters about who they want to have it.
                            We need a NIL collective yesterday.
                            We can't handle properly fundraising for the department itself. There's no chance we can handle trying to operate an NIL collective too. Don't get me wrong, we should have one.

Comment

Ladies poor shooting in the fourth leads to a loss on the road tonight to Missouri State. 10 points in the fourth cost them the game and first place in the conference standings.

Comment

This one got away, and it may be a costly loss. Serious lead blown with bad shooting after the half that only got worse. Bears missed a ton of free throws, and the Panthers didn't take advantage often enough. Perhaps this will be a wake-up call. McDermott seemed the only Panther that showed up ready to play.

Comment

Working...
                                X