WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Women's Basketball 2022-2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watched Drake-Illinois State game. Couple takeaways: Drake held Robinson to season low of 2 points. She had 26 here Thursday. Also, Illinois State shoot only 36% from 3pt range vs 55 Thursday. At one point on Thursday, they were shooting 70% but cooled off. Redbirds had 4 of their 5 starters play 36 minutes or more Thursday. They looked exhausted in the Drake game.

Comment

Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
      Season finale against Missouri State could wind up being a huge game, HUGE game.
      Agree. The Missouri State-Belmont game today will decide who joins UNI and Illinois State for conference lead. Both Belmont and Missouri State are on long win streaks.

Illinois State has the easiest remaining schedule with none of their 4 teams having above .500 records.

Both Belmont and Missouri State have to play Drake and UNI.

UNI plays Belmont on the road Thursday. Last conference game will be Missouri State at home. The Southern Illinois game will be tough too.
      Last edited by panthergirl123; 02-19-2023, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Belmont beat Missouri State by ten. 3 way tie for first in the conference now with Illinois State, Belmont and UNI. Thursday's game will be tough.

Comment

Just curious - I know the womens' teams usually bus to away games, but any chance they are flying to Belmont?

Comment

Originally posted by in_the_stands View Post
            Just curious - I know the womens' teams usually bus to away games, but any chance they are flying to Belmont?
            yes, they are flying. They also flew to Missouri State/southern Illinois this year…

Comment

Good. I gathered that VB flew from Springfield to Carbondale on that road swing last fall, and was hoping some other teams might be spared the bus rides.

Softball is at Austin Peay today, which looks like the start of a two week swing through Georgia. I'm guessing no flying on that trip

Comment

Originally posted by in_the_stands View Post
                Good. I gathered that VB flew from Springfield to Carbondale on that road swing last fall, and was hoping some other teams might be spared the bus rides.

Softball is at Austin Peay today, which looks like the start of a two week swing through Georgia. I'm guessing no flying on that trip
                You’re correct, no flying for softball

Comment

Belmont on fire so far, shooting 71% both overall and from 3. Score after 1Q 29-22. We're looking pretty good offensively, we just can't get any defensive pressure on their shooters.

Now down 42-39 at halftime, we had a nice 2nd quarter, unlike when we played them in CF. Their shooting is cooling off, thankfully. Their excellent big Bartley has two fouls, no one else on either side has more than one. Their announcers think Belmont is playing too fast, but seems to be working for them.

In other news, Drake over Murray 59-48 with 2 min left in the 3rd Q.

Now down 62-56 at the end of 3. McDermott on the bench for most of the quarter, I don't understand that. A couple of really bad foul calls on us that should have been on the offensive player.

Final 82-77. Not a bad game for us overall, but their torrid start, plus their ability to score whenever we got close was the game. Two of our last three offensive possessions fell apart without getting a shot. The Belmont-Drake game should be interesting - steady Belmont vs. Jekyll & Hyde Drake.
                  Last edited by in_the_stands; 02-23-2023, 07:34 PM.

Comment

This broadcast is infinitely better than their men's broadcast. It's actually professional.
                    #MACtion

Comment

• Nice bounce back victory over Murray State. Someone from bench got a technical couldn't tell from broadcast who got the T. Bad news is the Wolf injury. She was shown on crutches in the second half.

Comment

• Originally posted by panthergirl123 View Post
                        Nice bounce back victory over Murray State. Someone from bench got a technical couldn't tell from broadcast who got the T. Bad news is the Wolf injury. She was shown on crutches in the second half.
                        Real nice win, but the Wolf injury looks concerning for sure.

Comment

• Wolf not playing tonight. I don't see any casts or leg braces. Hope she's back soon!

ETA, got a better view of Wolf, appears to have a brace on her right leg
                          Last edited by in_the_stands; 03-02-2023, 05:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by in_the_stands View Post
                            Wolf not playing tonight. I don't see any casts or leg braces. Hope she's back soon!

ETA, got a better view of Wolf, appears to have a brace on her right leg
                            I would guess doubtful on Wolf for the game Saturday and not sure after that. Depth of the team seems to me good enough to keep her on the bench.

Comment

• Based on what I heard tonight Wolf will not be back.

Comment

• Congratulations to the ladies on getting their 20th win of the season tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X