WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Volleyball 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the 90 second glimpses I got, Miami was playing pretty well. Glad we were able to take a set. Some great Panthers ended their careers this evening, gonna miss 'em!

Comment

Great season, but too much Lopez tonight. And boo espn+.

Tough consecutive nights for UNI.

Comment

I gave up on the video feed and just went with CKS's radio call. (ended up switching the TV to the muted ESPN+ stream of Drake's 2nd round NIVC match, where they swept DePaul).

As for UNI's match, the Panthers first struggled to handle the topspin servers that Miami had, which put them into some holes. They managed to adjust to that to a certain extent, but they just didn't have any answer to Lopez, who totally carried the Canes offensively. Disappointing match, but still a great season.

Comment

Layanna Green has transferred to UC Santa Barbara...woof

Comment

They were 27-5, got an at large to the tournament and their campus is on the ocean. I mean, I get it.
            #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
              They were 27-5, got an at large to the tournament and their campus is on the ocean. I mean, I get it.
              That context helps, but still, losing an in state player to what should be viewed as a lateral love sucks

Comment

No loyalty anymore…so so sad…

Comment

The portal gives and the portal takes, it's just how it's going to work and kids don't owe coaches or the university anything. The system empowers them to make what they feel is the best choice.

Adapt or die.
                  #MACtion

Comment

Great program, great school. And if you step on that campus, it is over. It is absolutely stunning.
                    "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                      The portal gives and the portal takes, it's just how it's going to work and kids don't owe coaches or the university anything. The system empowers them to make what they feel is the best choice.

Adapt or die.
                      I’m dying a slow death…losing interest in college sports…

Comment

• Originally posted by Panther'73 View Post

I’m dying a slow death…losing interest in college sports…
                        There is a lot of that going around.
                        "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

• Kids these days just don't want to work for their place on teams anymore...

Comment

• Originally posted by clenz View Post
                            Kids these days just don't want to work for their place on teams anymore...
                            She was a starter.

And very good - I was looking forward to watching her in many sets to come. Was afraid to open the thread when I saw it.

Comment

• Don't know who approached who in this case. But the Creighton coach recently had some public comments regarding tampering in VB.

Comment

Working...
                              X