WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cornell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cornell

Seems slow around here for the beginning of the year. UNI vs Cornell. Here’s the preview from IA Wrestling. https://iawrestle.com/2017/11/16/12-...of-the-season/

My prediction is UNI wins 24-9. Winning 7 out of the 10 matches.

Comment

Originally posted by longhairz View Post
      My prediction is UNI wins 24-9. Winning 7 out of the 10 matches.
      Which 7? Just wondering

I'll take:

125 – #20 Schwarm over Russo 3-0 UNI
      133 – Tucker over Wagner 3-3
      141 – #12 Alber over #20 Diakomihalis 6-3 UNI
      149 – #3 Thomsen MD over Furnas 10-3 UNI
      157 – Galasso over Moore (close match) 10-6 UNI
      165 – Chavez over Patton 10-9 UNI
      174 – #9 Lujan over #7 Womack 13-9 UNI
      184 – #4 Foster over #17 Dean 16-9 UNI
      197 – Holschlag over Honis 19-9 UNI
      285 – Isley over Sweany 22-9 UNI

Huh I just did that and I also got 7 out of 10, I thought I might get 6 of 10 for UNI. It could easily go the other way though if a couple of guys get upset...

125 – #20 Schwarm over Russo 3-0 UNI
      133 – Tucker over Wagner 3-3
      141 – #20 Diakomihalis over #12 Alber 6-3 Cornell
      149 – #3 Thomsen MD over Furnas 7-6 UNI
      157 – Galasso over Moore (not a close match, maybe a MD? Lets call it a decision) 9-7 Cornell
      165 – Chavez over Patton 12-7 Cornell
      174 – #7 Womack over #9 Lujan 15-7 Cornell
      184 – #4 Foster over #17 Dean 15-10 Cornell
      197 – Holschlag over Honis 15-13 Cornell
      285 – Isley over Sweany 16-15 UNI.

Ok maybe not easily go the other way, my bad. I'm just kind of typing on my lunch break. A loss by Alber makes the dual closer, and even a win by Alber and losses at 133, 157, 165, and 174 make it a four point dual.

Either way, I think this one is a little bit closer than where I kind of expect it to be. With a full, healthy lineup it's not, but with everybody banged up and Steiert not being there this season, I'm more wary than I would be.

Comment

Some bright spots, but over all not a very good outing. Its early and plenty of time to work on thing before March.

Comment

A long way to travel to take a spanking. Foster's loss and giving up three pins is disappointing. That said it's super early, we'll be a better team with Yates and Holschlag in the lineup. Pretty much guarantees we'll see Patton at 165 Sunday right?

Comment

Working...
          X